MIG-23 UB

Hey Cuban best regards, I hope this project turns out well. I just wanted to mention if you had contacted the artist that made this? I believe his name is Alex Iartsev and goes by Renderdock. The original on deviantart has his signature. I don’t know if maybe having the MiG-23MLA removed from the picture has something to do with it.

Thank you and good luck

Are you talking about the Cover photo it self in the main menu? if so yes, the original has a different variant of the MIG and in my MOd under credits all original authors of 3d models and art are mentioned.

As for the 3d model it self it was created by Arthur "citizensnip"

Licensed "Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0)" Commercially.

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_9_2019_9_21_01_PM.png

Edited by cubanace

Great mod, but why not MLA or MLD variant. Or fighter-bomber variant (MiG-23BN). MiG-23UB is only training version.

An Official MIG-23 is being worked by Razbam so it will be a waste of time for me to make a none training Variant.

The UB is a great first aircraft to work on and learn modeling systems coding.

Hello guys...

Today I been modeling new parts,the Original model did not bring a Nose gear Mud Guard which the Real Migs have,so I made my own in 3dx max.

Enjoy.

MiG-23UB.max_-_Autodesk_3ds_Max_2017_-_Student_Version_5_11_2019_1_10_45_PM.png

Digital_Combat_Simulator_5_11_2019_2_24_11_PM.png

sorry to say that, but regarding this you are wrong: the -UB, i dont know the reason why, hasn´t these mud guards. . .

sorry to say that, but regarding this you are wrong: the -UB, i dont know the reason why, hasn´t these mud guards. . .

Sorry to say but you my friend are wrong ,but it was an option to take the Mud guards off depending where the MIG took off from, pretty much depends on the air force that used them, some of them had the Mud guards while others did not.

Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-23UB%2C_Czech_Republic_-_Air_Force_AN0704751.jpg

MiG-23UB_East_Germany_(22733729341).jpg

1340648.jpg?v=v40

ok, you are right too. i only had a quick look at the former soviet ones from the 16 va in eastern germany - all of them had them removed.

but regarding the posted pics by you: do you plan to rework the nose cone section of your 3-d-model to point or sharpen it a little bit more?

Both situations are correct, many late Soviet's aircrafts were flying with dismantled mud guards ( simmilar situation was with single seat aircrafts ), generally almost all export aircrafts were flying with those guards, why those mud guards were dismantled in late service? don't know, but probably reason wasn't any serious one, I'm sure that all new aircrafts had them, just later on many was dismantled.

Edited by foxbat155

just one word, AMAZING!!!!!!! :-) cant wait to see this beauty in the dcs skies. . . :-) really excited. but please, when it´s finished - please make a version available without the mud guards! ;-)

Hahahah no problem I will include a model without the Mud Guards that way you guys can pick. Not a problem

Best regards: CubanAce.

Hahahah no problem I will include a model without the Mud Guards that way you guys can pick. Not a problem

Thanks for that, Cubanace ! This is what makes you a great "mudder" ! :megalol:

(Sorry not sorry ... )

Great looking and nice detail that mud guard.

Funny thing is for me, I really, really disliked the MiG-23 design couple years ago. It was just pure ugly!

But in these few years I have become slowly a fan for it. And I think now that Western design like F-15 and F-16 are boring.

More you read, learn from these Soviet designs, more you might start liking them.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Looks great. Any idea on release time frame? Soon ? Not-so-soon ?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Great looking and nice detail that mud guard.

Funny thing is for me, I really, really disliked the MiG-23 design couple years ago. It was just pure ugly!

But in these few years I have become slowly a fan for it. And I think now that Western design like F-15 and F-16 are boring.

More you read, learn from these Soviet designs, more you might start liking them.

Wonder if part of the problem was an almost complete lack of good information and photo's. The photo's from back than were sort of bland, always see the same ones. Hardly anything known in public about its mission and operating environment. Flaggon someday perhaps?

Looks great. Any idea on release time frame? Soon ? Not-so-soon ?

If he's going for a full external flight model, not soon is your best bet. As far as I know, no one's made a supersonic flight model, much less a super sonic flight model for a swing wing aircraft that didn't have access to the SDK, so if this project ever actually goes anywhere, I'd measure the flight model development time in years.

MIG-23UB progress

Here is an update in regards where the MIG-23UB stands and its roadmap.

It will come in 3 versions.

MIG-23UB Stand alone.

Simple version and will not require any other DCS module.

Will include realistic FM made with real MIG-23 UB flight envelope charts and reports and manuals.

Weapons stations simulated with real manuals and information of its weapon types

AI

Same as above but not playable.

Full Fidelity

Complete Simulation of the real MIG-23UB and its systems.

Clickable cockpit of its pilot cabin and instructor cabin

Multicrew possible due to EFM to some degree.

Thanks to real export variants of the MIG-23UB I was able to acquire manuals in English and I can now finally work and study the manuals in order to make the MIg-23Ub so this version will take months and even years, because lets get real I am alone on this and I am by no means an expert but I do have the will to continue pushing my self and learning and I will do it for the MIG-23UB.

Manuals acquired.

Operating and maintenance

Airframe and Systems

pilots operating instructions

flight performance.

Now I have to do a lot of study and learn the aircraft and then start making its systems into dcs.

The Su-57 will continue to get updates but not as often because I am now full time on the MIg-23 UB.