DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Given that one was an F-14 study flight-sim and the other an action flight-sim game pretty much, I wouldn't even mention them in the same context. Still have the FD installed on some portable laptop (and the Tornado), while I could never get into those USNF/ATF/USAF games with their generic system modeling, weird physics and arcade gameplay.

Though, I was surprised to read they were released in the same year, also thought the USNF was released a few years later.

Always felt it's a shame Microprose didn't merge some of the FD features to their earlier F-15 SE3. The systems modeling there was quite decent, but the game world was empty (i.e. no wingmen or civilian or friendly flights) apart from a few scrambled interceptors. With a wingman, squadron management and some friendly support flights, plus some enemy groups to encounter, it could have been a much better sim.

All I know about the RIO seat comes from Fleet Defender, and that makes me know that the seat is better left to someone more intelligent than me.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still playing Fighters Anthology :music_whistling:

Now there's one I haven't thought of in years, or even the rest of the Jane's Combat Simulation line. The advantage to it being a Jane's product was the volume of encyclopedic knowledge also included! I still have a load of Jane's books and collections in a box somewhere.

After tomorrows Open Beta update its March 13th for the next one. So if its not out tomorrow its most likely the 13th.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10161599029340341

All we can do is hope that maybe we get suprised with the 14 tomorrow instead.

Maybe we will get lucky and it will be a repeat of the CEII release... LOL

Magnitude: "Oh, i guess our plane is released"

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

After tomorrows Open Beta update its March 13th for the next one. So if its not out tomorrow its most likely the 13th.

https://www.facebook.com/eagle.dynamics/posts/10161599029340341

All we can do is hope that maybe we get suprised with the 14 tomorrow instead.

yay.. 1 week before the end of the 4 months timeframe..

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

BTW - The Mig-19 has been confirmed for this Friday which is out of phase with the beta release on Wednesday....

this.

This throws a wrench in everything. They can release when ever they feel like it....

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

BTW - The Mig-19 has been confirmed for this Friday which is out of phase with the beta release on Wednesday....

Not really, the usual update day was on fridays, they changed it long ago and stated the reason was if anything got badly broken with the update they could release a hotfix on friday. So not really out of schedule for an update.

Not really, the usual update day was on fridays, they changed it long ago and stated the reason was if anything got badly broken with the update they could release a hotfix on friday. So not really out of schedule for an update.

Out of schedule for Aircraft / module releases, not updates.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Whats the diference?

DCS 2.5, released on Wednesday update

Harrier, released on Wednesday update

PG Map, released on OB Wednesday update

Hornet, released on OB Wednesday update

CEII, released on OB Wednesday update

MiG-19, Releasing on OB Hot Fix Friday Update

Does that help it make sense?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

It does, still think doesnt make much of a diference, it is still coming on a day where an open beta update would be expected, if they could not make it ready for a wednesday update it is still better than having to wait a whole week for another update.

I think his point was, that its out of the norm for the last 2 years of releases.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Even if the release date was at the end of the promised range, or a week from now, it would be nice just to get A release date. Cobra said they were anxious to share the date in "the coming days" 6 days ago. So we are now waiting on ED....and radio silence from them.

I'm not defending all the natives that make up dates and then throw a hissy, but the frustrating thing has been that it always feels like definitive info is just around the corner...but never quite. I resolved myself to the release being mid March a while back so that does help the antsy-ness.

... it always feels like definitive info is just around the corner...but never quite.

Yeah that is what got all these different release hypes going in my opinion. I think a release date was "internally discussed" early this month. That was another one of these moments ^^