DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Well thought out argument. Makes sense.

Heatblur have said they are ready and the Tomcat is clearly good enough for release on Open Beta. They released the Hornet in essentially an Alpha state so in my opinion it makes no sense to hold it back from the next Open Beta update. The Mig-19 looks good and i'll probably get it on sale but delaying the F-14, that the majority of the community is dying for, is illogical.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be illogical but we have no other choice than patiently waiting for ED announcement.

HB, I advise you to post a sticky and blocked thread about this situation to clear your name, it appears you did all that could be done to get the module RTR.

The goal is not to slam ED into the ground - I am sure they are doing what they can - but to better inform the community. It is quite impractical to still use these messy threads to post important information as the last one. I am fed up with reading OT replies and finally found one interesting message from Cobra or another HB guy in the middle of this mess.

Heatblur have said they are ready and the Tomcat is clearly good enough for release on Open Beta. They released the Hornet in essentially an Alpha state so in my opinion it makes no sense to hold it back from the next Open Beta update. The Mig-19 looks good and i'll probably get it on sale but delaying the F-14, that the majority of the community is dying for, is illogical.

It make sense. See it from EDs standpoint. They have some 3rd party developers they have to manage. If something like this happens, you can't just say "well, the one product is better than the other so we'll delay yours and prioritize the other"

That wouldn't be fair to RAZBAM either, who have put a lot of work into their product too.

I think from ED standpoint its the fairest to work it down like this. Of course it sucks for people who want one product more than the other, but some things are just out of your control i guess.

It is quite impractical to still use these messy threads to post important information as the last one. I am fed up with reading OT replies and finally found one interesting message from Cobra or another HB guy in the middle of this mess.

Totally agree. We really need a fixed and locked thread where all relevant information is posted like the "Hornet Mini-Updates" from Wags.

Tip: You can simply search for all posts of a user, that makes it somewhat easier.

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i

Well the Mig-19 doesn't appear to have such a complex release, it's not in pre-order on Steam for example. I suppose a lot more stars need to line up once you have a Steam pre-order campaign, you suddenly have to also submit your release date to Valve.

It make sense. See it from EDs standpoint. They have some 3rd party developers they have to manage. If something like this happens, you can't just say "well, the one product is better than the other so we'll delay yours and prioritize the other"

That wouldn't be fair to RAZBAM either, who have put a lot of work into their product too.

I think from ED standpoint its the fairest to work it down like this. Of course it sucks for people who want one product more than the other, but some things are just out of your control i guess.

Totally agree. We really need a fixed and locked thread where all relevant information is posted like the "Hornet Mini-Updates" from Wags.

Tip: You can simply search for all posts of a user, that makes it somewhat easier.

+1 finally someone talking some sense

I just see this under the opposite light.

- ED made the decision to place the F-14 in pre-order.

- ED is probably not expecting the Mig-19 to sell that much and did not bother to put it in pre-order

- Both become ready at the same time

- ED makes the logical choice of releasing the Mig-19 first and the F-14 later. This order maximizes the sales in several aspects. I think we can expect the F-14 release in two weeks or so.

- ED is probably not expecting the Mig-19 to sell that much and did not bother to put it in pre-order

- ED makes the logical choice of releasing the Mig-19 first and the F-14 later. This order maximizes the sales in several aspects. I think we can expect the F-14 release in two weeks or so.

Good points. I myself thought about buying the Mig-19 to bridge the time until the F-14 release.

+1

"Tomcat Mini-update" by Cobra highly recommended

Too many conflicts from what is official and unofficial.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I agree mostly, but by all accounts the MiG-19 was in evaluation first and I think it may do quite well. Looks like Razbam have done an excellent job on it and they seem to really have put in an effort to release a fully feature complete module (save for the inevitable post-release bugs), which is very rare these days. I think they're making a statement and are trying to make up for the still unfinished Harrier and constantly WIP Mirage.

It deserves to get a prominent release and get noticed.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The problem between Razbam and its customers is not solved by releasing new unfinished aircraft and push it in a hurry. Remember that "Cockpit textures will be added soon, after release"? Well, I think this is still Razbam's policy.

Mig.19 was first in evaluation yes, but it failed to pass.

I really hoped HB's push for complete releases would set and example for other third party developers. I guess that needed some customer self-respect.

Just a quick mini-update on this:

We're (frustratingly) still without confirmation on our target date. I hope to share more soonest as I discuss with our partners at ED.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Thx for confirming what we thought happened, ED is holding back the f14 release to try to boost the mig19 sales...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Thx for confirming what we thought happened, ED is holding back the f14 release to try to boost the mig19 sales...

You have a source for that? Or are you just guessing as you please?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

You have a source for that? Or are you just guessing as you please?
Working in the gaming industry and marketing and common sense. Do you really think they would release the mig and f14 at the same time?

Working in the gaming industry and marketing and common sense. Do you really think they would release the mig and f14 at the same time?

No, definitely not. The merge of two release candidates into a DCS release built would give you far too many problems, when searching bugs and testing. So it is always one merge at a time...

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

ED.. You should hurry up, that's my best advise because more you will letting us without news and hope more you'll lose fans/customers. (Can't wait to see ED's fanboys popping up).

ED fanboy here!

I won't give up on DCS just because a module is delayed by a few weeks (like that's never happened before).

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Sounds like the mysterious ED feature they're releasing with the mig-19 on Friday is a two week delay of what you really want... The F-14, despite it being ready to go.

I refuse to buy the mig-19 right in the meantime

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

ED fanboy here!

I won't give up on DCS just because a module is delayed by a few weeks (like that's never happened before).

Nice for you, but releasing an Hornet without Tpod is a shame. HB deserve better than that in my opinion, releasing lantirn day-one is a luxury.

No, definitely not. The merge of two release candidates into a DCS release built would give you far too many problems, when searching bugs and testing. So it is always one merge at a time...
Not only that, it doesn't make sense from a marketing / sales standpoint too, which pisses me off because it means we could have gotten the f14 earlier if there wasn't the mig19 which tbh only a handful of people care about.