DCS: F-14 Status Update

Cobra847

Totally agree. We really need a fixed and locked thread where all relevant information is posted like the "Hornet Mini-Updates" from Wags.

Tip: You can simply search for all posts of a user, that makes it somewhat easier.

Yup, this tip can be useful but that’s still DIY like...

HB should really post a blocked and sticky thing to communicate about the current situation even if there is no official date yet.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 finally someone talking some sense
+2 it's nice to seem some rational thought in this discussion. It's just a prioritization and backlog clearing exercise. Of course confusing communication across multiple forums, vague dates like "winter" and lack of consumer understanding of the release process doesn't help.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

ED.. You should hurry up, that's my best advise because more you will letting us without news and hope more you'll lose fans/customers. (Can't wait to see ED's fanboys popping up).

Sometimes you lose fans/customers. Sometimes fans/customers have unrealistic expectations. I mean you just can't ever tell these days can you?

March 20 is a little ways off so no need to hurry and rush anything. Not sure what is so hard to understand about that. Must be cause I'm a fanboy. :doh:

What if ED doesn't initially approve the Tomcat and sends it back to Heatblur for fixes? That will take some time and then go back to ED for another review. It is what happened to RAZBAM and the MiG-19.

Time is running out and as we all know with DCS, things happen to cause delays. That March 20 deadline doesn't look so far away anymore....but this is the consequence of waiting to the last bit of a release window.

Hopefully the Tomcat gets initial approval and release goes smoothly but a lot can go wrong.

Cobra being frustrated is what has me the most worried...

Just a quick mini-update on this:

We're (frustratingly) still without confirmation on our target date. I hope to share more soonest as I discuss with our partners at ED.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

If ED pushes it back and sends it back for more revisions...it's not HB's fault. They submitted a RC that they felt was entirely appropriate to submit for release.

HB knows what they are doing, I doubt ED will have any issues.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

If ED pushes it back and sends it back for more revisions...it's not HB's fault. They submitted a RC that they felt was entirely appropriate to submit for release.

HB didn't guarantee RC to ED by 3.21.19. HB guaranteed release by 3.21.19 which should have included time frames for ED greenlight. If it is delayed, then it is HBs fault for not building enough time in for all processes to meet the 3.21.19 deadline. But...…..to StrikeEagle's point, HB knows what they are doing so hopefully no issues.

At this point I reckon ED just dont want it to come out at the same time as the MiG-19. That way it should get some more sales on it and not get it burried underneath the Tomcat hype.

Yeah. Most waiting for the F-14, and then the MiG-19 appears on the sly.

Just a quick mini-update on this:

We're (frustratingly) still without confirmation on our target date. I hope to share more soonest as I discuss with our partners at ED.

Thanks for the patience everyone.

Take your time, we´ll wait. :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

I have waited 33 years for this (since topgun).

I will survive 2 more weeks, watching topgun

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Originally Posted by Jarhead0331 View Post

There is one thing that is confusing me.

Heatblur has promised to deliver the module in early access on or before March 21. However, they now say that they cannot reveal an actual release date as it is now entirely in ED's hands.

So...like, how can Heatblur guaranty a release no later than 3/21, if the actual release date is totally at the discretion of ED?

Has ED committed to the NLT 3/21 date too?

Thanks.

Our target is prior to the 21st.

Yes, NLT date is immutable.

HB didn't guarantee RC to ED by 3.21.19. HB guaranteed release by 3.21.19 which should have included time frames for ED greenlight. If it is delayed, then it is HBs fault for not building enough time in for all processes to meet the 3.21.19 deadline.

I just want to know about my afterburner detent. But I still wait on that.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I just want to know about my afterburner detent. But I still wait on that.

sounds like there is no option for it in the special settings according to jabbers in his live stream. Not sure if this is what you are asking?

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Ok let list all that’s wrong with the current setup from ED

1st mig-19 was never going to have a presell because it wasn’t going to be released as a beta build. It was to be complete on launch.

2nd ED told razbam it wasn’t complete and to go back and finish it. ED also said that’s it wouldn’t hold up the Tomcat release.

3rd Heatblur summited their RC build to ED before before razbam resubmitted the mig-19 back again for approval.

4th ED oks the release of the mig-19 is a slap in the face to Heatblur for doing the job right and not pushing a build before it is ready. ED should have told razbam that they lost their right to a first release because the sent in a build that wasn’t ready had to take a month to fix it and it now to close to the maximum release time frame that ED and Heatblur agree to so Heatblur has the priority on a release date first now. Plus the fact that the Tomcat is the bigger launch of the two is part of the reason we didn’t have it last year with the hornet release. ED didn’t want it and the Tomcat competing with each other.

5th and this is just my personal opinion is I see the Tomcat coming out now by March 21 because it will still be to close to the release of the mig-19 and they don’t want them to compete against each other. If they did they would hold off on the mig-19 another week and test both of them and release them at the same time a week from today

Cobra you and Heatblur you have all of support just wished ED would quit screwing around with you all

sounds like there is no option for it in the special settings according to jabbers in his live stream. Not sure if this is what you are asking?

Sounds like it is, that's a shame. It's a big deal to me.

1st mig-19 was never going to have a presell because it wasn’t going to be released as a beta build. It was to be complete on launch.

2nd ED told razbam it wasn’t complete and to go back and finish it. ED also said that’s it wouldn’t hold up the Tomcat release.

3rd Heatblur summited their RC build to ED before before razbam resubmitted the mig-19 back again for approval.

4th ED oks the release of the mig-19 is a slap in the face to Heatblur for doing the job right and not pushing a build before it is ready. ED should have told razbam that they lost their right to a first release because the sent in a build that wasn’t ready had to take a month to fix it and it now to close to the maximum release time frame that ED and Heatblur agree to so Heatblur has the priority on a release date first now. Plus the fact that the Tomcat is the bigger launch of the two is part of the reason we didn’t have it last year with the hornet release. ED didn’t want it and the Tomcat competing with each other.

5th and this is just my personal opinion is I see the Tomcat coming out now by March 21 because it will still be to close to the release of the mig-19 and they don’t want them to compete against each other. If they did they would hold off on the mig-19 another week and test both of them and release them at the same time a week from today

Cobra you and Heatblur you have all of support just wished ED would quit screwing around with you all

I mean, there is this... But what does he know?

7ced10f7e8f358d22d7693f76646b6d7.png

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

Totally forgot about the first point if that is true , futhermore its annoying that they are doing this now I totally agree with you.

I don't think you are being entirely fair to Razbam. It is wrong to demonise one developer and blame them for the delayed release of another product.

They put a lot of effort into the Mig. The fact that it does not appeal to you changes nothing.

It must be very hard for the Razbam devs reading these pages at the moment.

Just put the pitchforks away guys.

Shit happens and that is all it is. Fate decreed that two aircraft were ready for release at the same time and that has caused knock on effects.

Think yourself lucky, it could have been three or four ready for release with the CE2 and the Yak still having that new plane smell.

The apoplexy on here in that case, would have been awesome to behold.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Any source for this? Sounds more like a conspiracy theory for me.

I don't get the whole x is to close to y....

Most of the guys/girls interested in the Mig-19 and F-14 will have purchased them anyway by now...i bought the F-14, not interested in a Mig-19 (but in newer models, Mig-23+, i look at you ED, we need more RED FORCE ;) )

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

In a thread of people complaining that ED has control of the HB release now, people also say RB is wrong for releasing something............. Isn't that why people are mad? because ED controls the releases? What's RB got to do with this?

I'm sure it was much faster for ED to review the new build of the Mig-19 than it is to review the F-14. The F-14 is much more complex. Plus the Mig-19 was already reviewed so they probably just reviewed the changes they had asked for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As much as the MiG-19 has never really intrigued me, and as much as I've always had a spot for the Cat, I don't see a competition here. It's not like one company pumped out an A and another company pumped out a D. That's just how I personally see it. I bought the Cat when it went on pre-sale. I already spent that money. So, the only competition, to "me", is whether to buy the biplane, the MiG-15, or the MiG-19. I don't think I want the biplane, so I'll be deciding between two MiGs. The Cat will be here before we know it, and we'll all be happy. It IS hard to wait; I check every day to see if there's anything new. I wasn't in F-14s, but my F/A-18 squadron shared hangar space and flight line space with them; and what an enormous and awe inspiring aircraft it was...I really want my own...badly. I could complain, but it wouldn't move the release any closer.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

I'm sure it was much faster for ED to review the new build of the Mig-19 than it is to review the F-14. The F-14 is much more complex. Plus the Mig-19 was already reviewed so they probably just reviewed the changes they had asked for.
Nineline just confirmed that:

Our shit is very well together. We just received ...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk