DCS Server Control

Did anyone manage to fix this? Can't access the WebGUI locally while it works perfectly fine from the DCS site.

Still doesn’t work for me.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Still doesn’t work for me.
It does work on my full installation with Webgui command line option though...

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

It does work on my full installation with Webgui command line option though...

Hmmm, weird. I use a full installation in web GUI no render mode, and no dice.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I had the same problem, local access to the webgui would not work when using Microsoft Edge or internet explorer.

I installed Google chrome and had no issues connecting.

I could never determine the reason why Edge and IE did not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same problem, local access to the webgui would not work when using Microsoft Edge or internet explorer.

I installed Google chrome and had no issues connecting.

I could never determine the reason why Edge and IE did not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confirming it works on Chrome.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

Firefox works also.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I have three instances of the server running. Is there a switch for changing the name in the title bar of the DCS World window from "DCS" for each server's name?

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

I have three instances of the server running. Is there a switch for changing the name in the title bar of the DCS World window from "DCS" for each server's name?

No, not at the moment. The only way I use to identify the rigth process to shutdown is to use task manager, right click on the process, properties, security and check the path. Or right click and open path.

You can download the free tool process explorer and add the column "image path". That's much more comfortable.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Thanks kaltokri.

See the image - there are three highlights - yellow, green & blue. Each highlighted area should reflect the name of the server...

attachment.php?attachmentid=209661&stc=1&d=1556811446

1850001288_HolloPointeServer01.thumb.png.2631d2796f242dfab7e761e4a179ae52.png

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

Did anyone manage to fix this? Can't access the WebGUI locally while it works perfectly fine from the DCS site.

what port is your webgui set to?

under

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

create an

autoexec.cfg file

then add this:

webgui_port = 8088

then run server with

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

then wait a few minutes

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

make sure the port is same on webpage as your autoexec.cfg port

you just have one server running correct?

Edited by maestro72x

Has anyone created a crib yet for the server control showing what can be changed / controlled via lua?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

what port is your webgui set to?

under

C:\Users\{USERNAME}\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

create an

autoexec.cfg file

then add this:

webgui_port = 8088

then run server with

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender

then wait a few minutes

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\WebGUI\index.html

make sure the port is same on webpage as your autoexec.cfg port

you just have one server running correct?

Thanks, it was Edge browser playing up. All is fine on Chrome.

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

When I try to modify the mission list in the WebGUI, I am stuck at SAVED GAMES. Can't go in the folders. If I move my missions in the SAVED GAMES root folder, I can add them just fine. Any idea ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

When I try to modify the mission list in the WebGUI, I am stuck at SAVED GAMES. Can't go in the folders. If I move my missions in the SAVED GAMES root folder, I can add them just fine. Any idea ?

This seems to be a limitation of the dedicated server, you can't select files outside of the Saved Games folder. You can work around it by creating a symlink in the Saved Games folder, pointing to wherever your mission files are.

For exampe: mklink /D "c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\missions" "c:\<wherever your .miz files are>"

This seems to be a limitation of the dedicated server, you can't select files outside of the Saved Games folder. You can work around it by creating a symlink in the Saved Games folder, pointing to wherever your mission files are.

For exampe: mklink /D "c:\users\<username>\Saved Games\missions" "c:\<wherever your .miz files are>"

I don't think this is a limitation, but a feature because our server is on the pc of one of our members and he wouldn't like to give us access to his whole pc.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I understand but I can't open the sub-folder inside the SAVED GAMES folder.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

. How to run several dedicated servers on the same machine?

It is possible to run several DCS (server) instances from the same install by using different write folders for each one with the “-w” (for “write folder”) command line parameter.

Also, each instance should use a separate game port and HTTP port (for the web GUI to work).

is there a manual to do this.

I have 1 server running but i want a second server on the same machiene.

I don't understand the -w thing.

grts

. How to run several dedicated servers on the same machine?

It is possible to run several DCS (server) instances from the same install by using different write folders for each one with the “-w” (for “write folder”) command line parameter.

Also, each instance should use a separate game port and HTTP port (for the web GUI to work).

is there a manual to do this.

I have 1 server running but i want a second server on the same machiene.

I don't understand the -w thing.

grts

You add - w [NAME] to your start shortcut/script. Currently it doesn't work with the Dedicated server install because it crashes out for some reason

that's a no from me boss, just tried it then, launching from dcs.exe asks for keys to register the terrains and after that crashes out, no way to launch dcs_updater.exe with the -w command. been like this since the dedicated server came out

are you running

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender -w server2

read my post?

you need to run --norender in order to use terrains you dont own.

the -w is merely a way to create a new server on same machine you dont need it unless you are running more than one server, all it does is create a new folder in your savedgames with all the server folders / info just like the savedgames/dcs.openbeta folder.

are you running

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe" --server --norender -w server2

read my post?

you need to run --norender in order to use terrains you dont own.

the -w is merely a way to create a new server on same machine you dont need it unless you are running more than one server, all it does is create a new folder in your savedgames with all the server folders / info just like the savedgames/dcs.openbeta folder.

i know how it works, but you're using the regular dcs as the server meanwhile i'm on the proper dedicated server install that crashes out when you launch it through dcs.exe and only works when you launch it through dcs_updater.exe