Autopilot paddle switch - To Be or Not To Be

UIV

Autopilot paddle switch - To Be or Not To Be  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Autopilot paddle switch - To Be or Not To Be

• with the paddle switch integrated in the grip
    • with no such paddle switch at all

Dear Fellow Pilots,

We need your opinions on another F-14 function.

As you know, original grip had no emergency disengage paddle; it was located way lower right on the extension tube.

1199.jpg

VKB extension does not provide for such button placement; besides there are many gamers who use desktop joysticks and have no plans of changing their setup.

Now, this is what we suggest (see picture). The emergency disengage paddle can be made part of the grip.

It is strictly speaking not historically correct.

However this is the only way this button can be added to our setups.

So, the choice is simple:

- with the paddle switch integrated in the grip,

or

- with no such paddle switch at all.

F14.jpg

Your word now, gentlemen.

Edited by UIV

Of course it’s good to have it. But I want a new, realistic, thicker and sturdier extension kit more than the paddle. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats wrong with the current extension kit?is it too light on the forces?

Nothing wrong with its functionality. I just thought the CG looked like a thick candle on a skinny candlestick. :lol:

Well you could make it thicker for eye candy, But it would come to an abrupt reduction at the base connector. I think that design would look a bit off. Unless you were planing on covering that end with a boot of some kind.

VKB dev cycles being what they are, I don't see this becoming available before 2025 or so.

Man that's quick.

:smartass:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|