F14 Skinners thread (Paintkit in 1st post)

David A Sell

I am having issues where none of my 3rd party skins are available in game\mission editor\multiplayer

I don't have this problem with any other module - what have I done wrong ?

They are located in user\Saved Games\DCS\liveries\F14

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I am having issues where none of my 3rd party skins are available in game\mission editor\multiplayer

I don't have this problem with any other module - what have I done wrong ?

They are located in user\Saved Games\DCS\liveries\F14

I have it in \liveries\f-14b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

" f-14b " fixed it, thanks

I suppose it's like that in the folder structure because eventually there'll be an F-14A too

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Some wonderful skins here, great job everyone.

@Isoko, wonderful work. Thank you for your contributions!

We are very grateful for your work!

I am happy to be able to paint the best Tomcat model ever.

I can't wait for the release of the A model!

Ba9mkOW.jpg

OMG! :megalol: I didn't notice it!!

I leave this paint to you.:doh:

Isoko, have you found any resources for other MODEX with VF-103 in terms of pilot assignments? I've been working with a guy on the Discord who serviced AA-113 a lot on the 2004 final Tomcat cruise and really wanted to be able to get that aircraft done for him. I am pretty sure I have the right BuNO for the bird I just don't have pilot/RIO info.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Isoko, have you found any resources for other MODEX with VF-103 in terms of pilot assignments? I've been working with a guy on the Discord who serviced AA-113 a lot on the 2004 final Tomcat cruise and really wanted to be able to get that aircraft done for him. I am pretty sure I have the right BuNO for the bird I just don't have pilot/RIO info.

In my reference, the lineup of VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruise is as follows.

AA100/162918

AA101/162705

AA102/161419

AA103/163217

AA104/161442

AA105/163229

AA107/161862

AA110/161435

AA111/162695

AA112/161422

AA113 could not be found.

I have released a pack of all 10 VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruises in another Tomcat product, but I think that the aircraft that did not know about the crew name was painted by speculation.

When I release VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruise on DCS F-14, we will research and paint again. They are scheduled after the VF-31 series.

In my reference, the lineup of VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruise is as follows.

AA100/162918

AA101/162705

AA102/161419

AA103/163217

AA104/161442

AA105/163229

AA107/161862

AA110/161435

AA111/162695

AA112/161422

AA113 could not be found.

I have released a pack of all 10 VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruises in another Tomcat product, but I think that the aircraft that did not know about the crew name was painted by speculation.

When I release VF-103 Final Tomcat Cruise on DCS F-14, we will research and paint again. They are scheduled after the VF-31 series.

BuNO 162705 was photographed as late as 2003 Oceana airshow as 113, but it may be that she was reassigned to 101 for the final cruise. Guy swears there was a 113 as it was the hangar queen and nobody wanted to work on it. I'll see if she was a spare parts bird.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

3in1 LOD issue

Hello guys, I have encountered an issue with my liveries that I created and I used gull grey for the base color. I modified the 3in1 LOD file but after a certain distance out the default dark grey appears again. I checked all the folders in the texture folders and couldn't find any other .dds file that would be the culprit. Does anyone know how to fix this?

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone else had issues accessing the Cougar and Merlin helmet textures posted a while back? That is the last piece of the puzzle I need for a mission I am doing, yet don't have the skill nor patience to make them myself. Thanks in advance

Edited by ConArtIst15

"Roll the Dice, Pay the Price" -90th FS, JBER, AK

i7-9700K

64GB RAM

GTX 1070ti

Windows 10

1TB SSD

Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle

Logitech G Flight rudder pedals

Oculus Rift

SteelSeries Arctis 7

Merry Xmas!!

This is a Christmas gift for you!!:holiday:

y0NRMWR.jpg

pTZnSal.jpg

QT4f3Vr.jpg

Download Here!

This is a pre-release of only the Santa Felix 101 of the VF-31 skin pack under painting.

This skin is a limited release until January 5th, when DCS F-14B 20% OFF sale ends! Please share it with your friends.

Flight gear is only one set of images. These will be deleted after the distribution period ends, but when the VF-31 Pack is completed, the finished version will be bundled with other skins.

Enjoy your Christmas:thumbup:

nevermind no need of anyone did the skin myself

passed from not knowing nothing even about ps to have a skin that works properly it seems

yes i know it needs some more tweaking didnt realize about the dimesions of the fuselage so ill be working on it and its also an fast interpretation i used the old panamenian air force paint schemes to do this fictional one

unknown.png

348545553_0afde67a32_b.jpg

Isoko, your livery rocks. Just gave a go on both VF-103 and VF-32 in one of my missions. Need to look into changing the flight suits next but most impressive! Love low viz Jolly Rogers. Heatblur should definitely include these as official.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Hey guys,

Now that I've given up on VR, I can actually fly the Tomcat now rather than the menus. And hooo boy, how dang amazing is she! I'm seeing so many awesome details that I missed while flying in VR... and one of those is that the bloody pilot's name on my Cat's skin isn't mine! Those useless maintenance guys have obviously fogotten to update it ;)

I'd love to get my name on an F-14 skin, and will happily donate a free module to anybody who can help. I'm playing the Cage the Bear campaign, so would love to get the skin used in this campaign with my name on it, as well as my mate's as my RIO and wingman (so one aircraft with me as pilot, him as RIO, and the opposite on the other Tomcat)

My name: Bennett "GunSlingerAUS" Ring

My mate's: Adam "Sentry" Phillips

If you can chuck in skins for any other F-14 campaigns, as well as a few other popular Tomcat skins, even better. Heck, since I'm paying for your amazing work, if you could do the same for the F/A-18 (his favourite aircraft, childish Nintendo pilot), I'd be even more grateful.

Please drop me a PM if you'd like to earn yourself that delicious new module you can't afford. Or I'd even take just one skin if it's a big chunk of work to do this - I have no idea if I'm being overly generous or a total Scrooge. Thanks artistically inclined pilots!

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

Happy NEW YEAR

Work In Progress !

IIF Project : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=216906

unknown.png

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam