HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

2080ti here, Reverb with DCS smooth as silk with all maxed, constant 45 fps with reprojection.

Yes, is expensive, but if you can... Live!nobody knows what will happen next year!

I have a 2080 and 4790k, 45fps with reprojection is an non issue. The gpu is sitting around 60-70% usuage. It's hitting 90 w/o reprojection that's what is needed, and a 2080ti no more than a 2080 is not going to hit it at low altitude. Therefore the best bang for buck is your 2080 or the new super 2080, as it has released. The extra cost for the small performance increase of the 2080ti, imo is not worth it. Poor optimisation and resulting cpu blockages due to high object counts makes a mockery of any gpu.

I have a 2080 and 4790k, 45fps with reprojection is an non issue. The gpu is sitting around 60-70% usuage. It's hitting 90 w/o reprojection that's what is needed, and a 2080ti no more than a 2080 is not going to hit it at low altitude. Therefore the best bang for buck is your 2080 or the new super 2080, as it has released. The extra cost for the small performance increase of the 2080ti, imo is not worth it. Poor optimisation and resulting cpu blockages due to high object counts makes a mockery of any gpu.
2080 is similar to a 1080ti and I would wager the super 2080 is probably a better buy than a 2080ti right now, if you absolutely must spend the money.

We all know Nvidia will have something else in 3 months as the 2080ti has been out for some time now. But don't expect that new Ti variant to be cheap.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

2080 is similar to a 1080ti and I would wager the super 2080 is probably a better buy than a 2080ti right now, if you absolutely must spend the money.

We all know Nvidia will have something else in 3 months as the 2080ti has been out for some time now. But don't expect that new Ti variant to be cheap.

Coming from a 1080ti, a 2080 super or regular will give little or negligible advances for the money. A 2080ti is a massive investment for ~25% increase. All this in light of crap cpu optimisation. We'll have to hope for Vulkan api to increase performance instead of brute force gpu's. I came from a 1070 which I sold for a good price to make the jump to the 2080 on its release. Likewise I'll sell it again to trade up for my next gen. Regardless the 2080 will run the majority of VR developed games at 90fps with the Reverb 2160x2 res w/o issue. Software is the problem and not hardware atm.

2080ti here, Reverb with DCS smooth as silk with all maxed, constant 45 fps with reprojection.

Yes, is expensive, but if you can... Live!nobody knows what will happen next year!

please share your settings. I have a 2080ti and although I'm quite happy with the overall performance, I don't get a constant 45fps and certainly not with "all maxed".

So I'm curious to hear what you've done....

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Coming from a 1080ti, a 2080 super or regular will give little or negligible advances for the money. A 2080ti is a massive investment for ~25% increase. All this in light of crap cpu optimisation. We'll have to hope for Vulkan api to increase performance instead of brute force gpu's. I came from a 1070 which I sold for a good price to make the jump to the 2080 on its release. Likewise I'll sell it again to trade up for my next gen. Regardless the 2080 will run the majority of VR developed games at 90fps with the Reverb 2160x2 res w/o issue. Software is the problem and not hardware atm.
Yea this has been the case with DCS for as long as I've known.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

please share your settings. I have a 2080ti and although I'm quite happy with the overall performance, I don't get a constant 45fps and certainly not with "all maxed".

I got a smoother play with mirrors on and cockpit res. on 512 every frame.

Also using default OC graphics card profile.

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

A10C/M2000C/F5E/SA342/Mi8/UH1H/KA50/AJS-37/FA-18C/AV-8B/F-14/Mig29/CA/SU-27

I got a smoother play with mirrors on and cockpit res. on 512 every frame.

Also using default OC graphics card profile.

with the Reverb?

I'm asking bcs. you're listing a CV1 in your signature.

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

with the Reverb?

I'm asking bcs. you're listing a CV1 in your signature.

Yes reverb

Ryzen 1700 @ 3.8GHz / 32GB( 4x8 ) @ 3.2GHz / 1TB ADATA NVMe System Drive / 232GB NVMe Samsung 960 / ASUS dual RTX 2080ti / Reverb / Rift CV1 / T-16000M FCS flight pack

I7 7700k 4.2Ghz oc 4,7Ghz, Asus 2080ti, 32Gb RAM, SSD

DCS: All maxed, except visual range HIGH, Heat Blur LOW, MSAA 2x, SSAA OFF, Terrain Shadows FLAT.

Steam VR and WMR for Steam VR in last betas

Steam VR video slider: move to get native resolution approx.

"motionReprojectionMode" : "motionvector"

All instant action missions at stable 45 fps. Some missions with many objets and in land, perhaps a little less.

Is there anyway to adjust the IPD slider beyond 67 in the WMR settings, maybe via config setting etc.

It’s funny you mention that, I’ve adjusted the slider from 59 all the way to 67 and can’t notice any difference in clarity. I was however doing it ‘in real time’ in WMR home but still...

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

I think I read somewhere recently that currently the IPD slider for Reverb was not functioning, can't remember where though.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You mean when adjusting it via WMR headset settings?

Yes.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So here's something I just encountered yesterday: I noticed that all of a sudden my left lens has a bright spot, but that could also mean that my right lens all of a sudden went more dim?

Either way, where both lenses overlap it looks like there's a vertical area in my left eye that appears brighter than before, and it's esp. noticeable when panning my head left and right over an area.

That said, has anybody experienced this? Is there a way to reset this, or could one of my lenses be faulty?

I've also noticed that when DCS loads, it doesn't return back to the Steam grid to avoid flickering, but stays in DCS and flickers (and no, I didn't toggle that option off in Steam VR).

I've tried the usual, went from WMR and Steam VR Betas no non-Beta, rebooted, unplugged/re-plugged the Reverb's cables, etc.

Any other pointers?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4035893&postcount=3536

It is the Mura Effect. I had the same problem. It is a software thing mostly from what I have been able to figure out. Mine got better after a recent update of something.

Part of a Discord chat I had..

]WUD?:https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247729 Anyone have this? I am seeing almost like through a cats eye slit today. The entire scene is rendered but there are darker areas on the sides. A little dim then a little darker ( then clear ) a little darker, a little dim.... Much more prevalent in the right lense. I dont recall that yesterday. Could be the eyestrain this thing induces.

[REPORTED]Misaligned Eyes on HP-Reverb - ED Forums

[REPORTED]Misaligned Eyes on HP-Reverb VR Issues

Edited by mariner3302

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Interesting. So what would prompt this to change from one day to the next while it has been perfect since I received the Reverb? Curious...

Edit - just saw you edit; thanks for the additional tidbits there.

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So here's something I just encountered yesterday: I noticed that all of a sudden my left lens has a bright spot, but that could also mean that my right lens all of a sudden went more dim?

Either way, where both lenses overlap it looks like there's a vertical area in my left eye that appears brighter than before, and it's esp. noticeable when panning my head left and right over an area.

That said, has anybody experienced this? Is there a way to reset this, or could one of my lenses be faulty?

I've also noticed that when DCS loads, it doesn't return back to the Steam grid to avoid flickering, but stays in DCS and flickers (and no, I didn't toggle that option off in Steam VR).

I've tried the usual, went from WMR and Steam VR Betas no non-Beta, rebooted, unplugged/re-plugged the Reverb's cables, etc.

Any other pointers?

Don’t notice the bright spots yet, but the last week I occasionally get the right eye black flashes. When i repeat the same mission most of the time it does not flash.

The not fading to steam grid happened yesterday after steamvr and wmr for steam update. Also check/adjust the video and application resolution again in steamvr as the update changed there’s also Reprojection check box now.

Just got my reverb. I didn't expect to see what I saw! I was IN a cockpit.

Did some fiddling with settings last night following some instructions kindly posted by another contributor to this forum, but couldn't get rid of a 'shimmering' when looking out the cockpit on the ground at trees for example. Anyone else getting this and have a way around?

Also, USS Stennis and water wasn't very clear when trying to do some test carrier landings. Not great resolution. I've read that you do compromise with VR, but is what I'm seeing normal?

Specs are 2080ti, 32Mb RAM, i7 9700 and getting 30fps but a little staccato when looking at the water.

Thanks

Its always done that for me. I've never seen it goto the Steam grid.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Its always done that for me. I've never seen it goto the Steam grid.

Mine went to the steam grid initially, but I unticked that option and got the screen flickering as expected when loading DCS missions. I think I'll go back to the grid as it's a pain to experience the flickering.

I just close my eyes. You'll notice when the flicker stops :)
Exactly what I do too.

You can see the flashes through your eyelid.

I would open when the flickering stops.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset