New A-10 model..

Yeniceri

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi yeniceri,

can you maybe tell me how many polys and verts the hog has.

i need to know cause i have to think about the ammount of the polys and verts i have used for my blackbird right now.

i have about 10.400 polys and 11000 vets right now.

the wings are fixed and i have managed to get the gearboxes done together with the gear flaps.

now i only need the nozzles and the gear.

then the basic model is done except two little thigs i am still thinking about.

the pilots and at the engine there are someflaps that open when you hit the thruststick into full throttle and light the burner.

i am not sure if i should make them and how it would go with the model itself.

i tested it a few days ago, with one of the flaps but i had trouble with the model, can tall you via pm if you would like too.

greetings borchi

Yah so far progress is going to be slower, but within a few weeks may be a good timetable on the template. There's alot of riveting that takes up the majority of the time. Now I can copy and paste as needed mnd you, but within a couple weeks the template PSD will be complete, I would say roughly by the end of next week, for the whole aircraft. So it's going but detail does take time..

• Like 1

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Spechless.. that thing looks really complicated to do. My respects

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

wicked dude. :D

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

air335.jpg

Just taking it for a spin, a little status on the skinning that's all ;)

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Almost done? Go, go, go A-10 staff!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

It’s not until you flip through hundreds of A-10 pictures for reference until you come to appreciate how hard it is to model this particular aircraft. So kudos to Yeniceri and the rest of the A-10 team for getting this plane ready for Lock On. All these curves and details is so amazing so have some more patience with us as we squash whatever bugs are left and get her skinned, damaged, and probably give her lods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]