JDAM Update #1

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

The update will give DDMMSS.SS coords in ME and F10 maps. Other than that, it's basically the same procedures with PP and TOO :)

https://youtu.be/s8uldUWd5mg

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

To the contrary...

things probably weren't ready for this week

I believe, things ARE ready for this week, as per Wags video and comment.

Things like improvement in JDAM that is very much work in progress and mentioned bug fixes - although we are yet to learn what was fixed for this week's OB.

Adding new features (AKA rushing them) makes absolutely no sense when quite a few items already implemented are in a buggy shape.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

[...]although we are yet to learn what was fixed for this week's OB.[...]

Matt mentioned one bug at least which will get fixed by tonight‘s update. That is the game crash when there is a mismatch between the station selected in QTY and the actually active JDAM station.

We should keep in mind that Matt created the video to present just the JDAM updates (plus ME). There still is a likelihood we will get more little fixes for the Hornet which Matt just didn‘t mention because the video was all about JDAM employment. There‘s always hope...:smilewink:

He also mentioned the range bug which has been fixed too!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I presume the current PP JDAM release procedure (ie, having to select desired PP and then pickle for each target) is correct as IRL, and no further updates on that part. Any 'ripple' is with regard to QTY only, on the same target.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

He didn't said nothing about jsow or other new things. So we won't get anything new except jdam update and bug fixes IMO.

He did mention the "upcoming JSOW" in the video.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes, but Wags always made a training video for any new system or weapon before they put it into OB. We didn't see any videos for jsow or other things. Thats why i think that we won't get it.

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Yes, but Wags always made a training video for any new system or weapon before they put it into OB. We didn't see any videos for jsow or other things. Thats why i think that we won't get it.

Yeah, that's a safe assumption. Todays changelog doesn't even mention the JDAM changes: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904062&postcount=57 :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

@QuiGon - What other JDAM changes were mentioned? The previous update fixed bugs with accuracy and CTD and this update added precise coordinates to ME, nothing else was mentioned in the video with regards to JDAM...or was it?

ME and F10 map. Added view of precise coordinates with hundredths of seconds. Cycle through coordinate display option available by pressing LAlt + Y.

That is the change presented in the video as far as I am aware.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Maximum release range behavior is one thing mentioned in the video and not in the changelogs.

But, any DCS player that's been playing for more than six months knows that the changelogs always lacks info on it's first iteration. Always always always always :)

@QuiGon - What other JDAM changes were mentioned? The previous update fixed bugs with accuracy and CTD and this update added precise coordinates to ME, nothing else was mentioned in the video with regards to JDAM...or was it?

That is the change presented in the video as far as I am aware.

There's this fix:

Maximum release range behavior is one thing mentioned in the video and not in the changelogs.

But, any DCS player that's been playing for more than six months knows that the changelogs always lacks info on it's first iteration. Always always always always :)

And this fix:

Matt mentioned one bug at least which will get fixed by tonight‘s update. That is the game crash when there is a mismatch between the station selected in QTY and the actually active JDAM station.

None of them are mentioned in the changelog, but that's business as usual as TheBamse said correctly.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Now...

22.JPG.e36bb3c56d45228cdb5e684cece37ba0.JPG

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Now...

That's a bit OT here...

Tornado3 small.jpg

That's a bit OT here...

Firewall...:lol:

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

""None of them are mentioned in the changelog, but that's business as usual as TheBamse said correctly.""
Because there is no APP for communication / (or detail):music_whistling:

Seems in engineering, as well as software development

Communication is endangered (almost forgotten) (maybe old school):(

Engineering Technician by trade (sorry)

Continue

~

DCS 2.5.4.30038 Open Beta

None of them are mentioned in the changelog, but that's business as usual as TheBamse said correctly.

That's because these were fixed previously in DCS 2.5.4.30038 Open Beta

Changelog: DCS 2.5.4.30386 Open Beta

DCS F/A-18C

Emergency braking system corrected.

- What do we say to the "god" of updates?

- Not today...

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Here you go

Anyone know if terminal guidance is implemented yet? I thought I had seen something about it in a changelog but I didn't hear Wags say anything about it in the video.

No, it wasn't. the thing you refer to is probably this:

AGM-88. Turned off the loft trajectory for SP and TOO modes. Fixed trajectory sagging at terminal phase of flight

As for JDAM update, I think the update done was enabling the ability to change JDAM coordinates in ME and F10 map for an improved bombing.

Changelog did not mention jdam because inputting improved coordinates is already in the system.

Perhaps there some hidden updates not mentioned in the changelog.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset