JDAM Update #1

GrEaSeLiTeNiN

Hornet updates

Yes, they said that we will have a monthly update for F-18...

So where is the update?

Recent updates that included Hornet -

April 10th

April 24th

May 8th

and

May 22nd - expected

What are you on about?

Did you expect A/G or TGP today?

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I expect nothing but what Wags mentioned in his last Video (JDAM update) and what´s in the update news (Emergency braking system corrected).

Targeting pod and TWS are far, far away, I believe!

True and valid

I expect nothing but what Wags mentioned in his last Video (JDAM update) and what´s in the update news (Emergency braking system corrected).

Targeting pod and TWS are far, far away, I believe!

Concur.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

That's because these were fixed previously in DCS 2.5.4.30038 Open Beta

Nope, these are fixes that Wags mentioned in his video yesterday.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Nope. That's fine though.

Nope, these are fixes that Wags mentioned in his video yesterday.

Care to listen again?

https://youtu.be/s8uldUWd5mg?t=395

6:35 mark

and also this:

DCS F/A-18C

JDAM accuracy increased.

JDAM crash fixed.

From here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3891283&postcount=56

Oh well. Maybe a hotfix will make the new features work later this week.

The amount of work to make these bombs drop for now is a bit cumbersome anyway. For me these bombs will be much more interesting to work with when the TPOD comes, like in the A-10C. For now, most servers I fly in don't have coordinates to specific targets, nor do mission creators get into the trouble of adding waypoints to targets.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

Care to listen again?

https://youtu.be/s8uldUWd5mg?t=395

6:35 mark

and also this:

From here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3891283&postcount=56

Can't listen atm as I'm at work, but I guess this means he just mentioned them as fixes that have been implemented previously?

Guess I haven't listened hard enough in that case. Mea culpa. :music_whistling:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team
He did mention the "upcoming JSOW" in the video.

JSOW is very much in work, but needs several items addressed before it's ready for release. The biggest issue being the weapon's flight performance and guidance.

Thanks

• ED Team
None worth getting excited about at least......

4 weeks for F10/ME coordinates.......

That's a rather misleading statement. There are many Hornet items in development over the past several weeks, but they are just taking time given the complexity. A lot of the Hornet focus is on the TGP pod so it can be brought to you all as soon as possible.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3897638&postcount=151

Thanks

Edited by Wags

Thanks, Matt. "Misleading" was a very friendly way of putting it... some people have either no clue how software development works or are just ignorant. Or both.:cry:

Thanks for all the hard work of you and the team. Still having so much fun in the Hornet.

Edited by Hog_No32

Yes!

Thanks, Matt. "Misleading" was a very friendly way of putting it... some people have either no clue how software development works or are just ignorant. Or both.:cry:

Thanks for all the hard work of you and the team.

Was gonna say something like that. I am with you on this one.

I believe, things ARE ready for this week, as per Wags video and comment.

Belief is something for the church. The Changelog doesn't mention anything except for something related to emergency brakes... rainbowdashwink.png

But I hope that little more stuff might be in there...

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Yeah things probably weren't ready for this week when it comes to new features in the actual plane. Hopefully next month we'll be getting new at least one of the items listed in the mini update recently.

I spent 2 hours dropping JDAMs and playing with different modes...both inputting preplanned targets and targets of opportunity. Perhaps you need to make sure you're updated? There was also this about making sure you're using the latest Nvidia drivers.

DCS World

Fixed crash caused by video driver NV 430.39 when MK-20 or CBU canisters opens. We strongly recommend to update Nvidia drivers to version 430.53 (https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...tail/a_id/4798) for preventing crashes on graphical effects.

JDAMs with new coordinates worked great. The ONLY issue I noticed is when you are in game and use Alt-F to cycle coordinate format in map view the format doesn't change until you move your mouse.

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• ED Team
Belief is something for the church. The Changelog doesn't mention anything except for something related to emergency brakes... rainbowdashwink.png

But I hope that little more stuff might be in there...

I've personally updated the change log.

Just because a particular Open Beta is light on new features hardly indicates that no work is going on. Quite the contrary in fact. The team has been working on several complex systems, but none were quite ready for realease at this point without the high-chance of needing a hot fix.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3904062&postcount=57

Just because a particular Open Beta is light on new features hardly indicates that no work is going on. Quite the contrary in fact. The team has been working on several complex systems, but none were quite ready for realease at this point without the high-chance of needing a hot fix.

I think you mean MSI for LTWS?

Also, any word on the wrong LTWS and HARM HUD TD box behavior?

Thanks for updating the changelog. And I know you guys are working hard on all those complex things to come, I just was missing the points that have been mentioned before - which you added. Looking forward to all those systems and any other general DCS improvement, but I'm rather patient twilightsmile.png

BTW being able to change the units not just of the coordinates, but also the distances, altitudes etc in the sim and an option for "plane dependant/native" in the menu is a small wish that would have a powerful impact. Just thought of this again while watching your latest update video... but I guess this already is somewhere on your LY long list of things to add to DCS rainbowdashwink.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg