Community A-4E-C

I am the only one thet get engine and electric cut off whan start mission in the air?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Ho l'ultima versione RC1 dell'A4-E e ho notato che nelle Opzioni se vai su Special puoi spuntare "Usa timone per frenata differenziale" e con i miei pedali THRUSTMASTER "TFRP" controllo lo sterzo dell'aereo in un ottimo modo attraverso il timone. 

Edited by Calabrone
Incorrect double sending

16 hours ago, Mole said:

No, but there is no "Nose wheel Steering" button to be mapped. And again, how does it work "in real"?

Are you asking how the nose wheel steering works in real life? If so, I have no idea because I have never flown the A-4E.

In DCS however, if you map a button on your HOTAS or keyboard to the "Nose Wheel Steering" command in the Action column (see picture below), then press that button while working your rudders, you will steer the aircraft.

A-4 controls.png

Edited by Cab
Changed "A-4C" to "A-4E"

1 hour ago, Tarres said:

No NWS IRL A-4E. 

It seems removed in a fresh A-4E 2.0 RC. No NWS action to program in my end. 

You don't see the "Nose Wheel Steering" option in my screenshot above?

That's weird. Now I'm confused. 

Alles schön und gut, but I wanna know, how to steer the A-4 on the ground in the latest release, simply what axis, buttons or other stuff to be driven and there's no button in the stick menu

Screen_211001_150613.png

Edited by Mole

6 minutes ago, Mole said:

Alles schön und gut, but I wanna know, how to steer the A-4 on the ground in the latest release, simply what axis, buttons or other stuff to be drivenand there's no button in the stick menu

Screen_211001_150613.png

Interesting that yours and mine are different.

Since I am the only one here who sees nose wheel steering as an option, I'm going to reinstall mine from scratch and see if I did something wrong.

18 minutes ago, Cab said:

Since I am the only one here who sees nose wheel steering as an option, I'm going to reinstall mine from scratch and see if I did something wrong.

My side of the confusion is solved. I didn't realize I had the A-4E-C mod installed to two places on my drive. One in the Saved Games Mods folder and one in an OvGME folder. As a result I the previous version wasn't completely uninstalled when I installed the current RC1 version. 

After correcting that and reinstalling I too no longer have nose wheel steering.

29 minutes ago, Auger said:

So I have to ask, what is the general consensus on the differential braking/steering?

Someone on one of the MP servers told me it was a pain compared to the NWS.

Thoughts?

IMHO differential braking is always a pain compared to NWS. But like anything else you get used to it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Auger said:

So I have to ask, what is the general consensus on the differential braking/steering?

Someone on one of the MP servers told me it was a pain compared to the NWS.

Thoughts?

You just have to know how to use it,

Apply Power, get rolling, Tap Right brake to go right, tap left brake to stop going right, and vise versa.

Nose gear had a free castor, allowing it to be turned tight on carriers by ground crew with the attachment.

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Found a solution that work for me on the discord channel some one tell me to remove the CH53 and CH47 mod if u use Tham.

Edited by assafm25

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

The roll seems excessive to me, I had to remedy it by adding more curve. On the other hand, are there or are training missions with instructor-type start-up, taxiing, take-off, etc. Otherwise, great module, a big thank you to the developer team and the community for bringing this all to life 😉

5 hours ago, Shogoun said:

hand, are there or are training missions with instructor-type start-up, taxiing, take-off, etc.

I edited a few such missions last year, but they are obsolete at the moment since they were for version 1.4 of the Mod and for DCS 2.5 .. however their accompanying videos may be still useful to you:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/242853-community-a-4e-skyhawk-training-missions/

• Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

18 hours ago, Shogoun said:

The roll seems excessive to me, I had to remedy it by adding more curve. On the other hand, are there or are training missions with instructor-type start-up, taxiing, take-off, etc. Otherwise, great module, a big thank you to the developer team and the community for bringing this all to life 😉

A lot of us have done the same with the curves, it may be better if you have a longer stick 🤔 as opposed to a desk top like I have.

The roll rate is about right, IRL it could do 720 per second, but If I recall correctly pilots were limited to 360 per second (structural?).

The Mirage III had the same roll rate.

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

Superb mod, seems like an official module. Love it.

• Like 1

RYZEN 7 2700 3.2 GHz / GAINWARD RTX 2070 / 32 GB RAM 3200 MHz / ASUS PRIME B450M / M.2 NVMe KINGSTON 1TB / SSD SANDISK 480GB / HD 2TB SATA3 / CORSAIR CX650 / AOC AGON AG322FCX MONITOR / THRUSTMASTER T.16000M FCS / CUSTOM HEADTRACK

F-14 Tomcat Side View.png

On 10/3/2021 at 5:13 AM, Shogoun said:

If I had a penny for every time someone said this I could buy my own Skyhawk.

• Like 7