Community A-4E-C

are there any plans to try and add an EFM for the A4?

Unfortunately I don’t have the free time to finish an EFM. There are a few people who have expressed interest in working on an EFM for it but they are still researching it on their own. Without the SDK, we don’t know what other surprises there are with using an EFM. I do expect some current features to no longer be possible with an EFM so I can’t really invest the time right now. I welcome anyone to look at the code and give it a try though. More coders are always welcomed.

Unfortunately I don’t have the free time to finish an EFM. There are a few people who have expressed interest in working on an EFM for it but they are still researching it on their own. Without the SDK, we don’t know what other surprises there are with using an EFM. I do expect some current features to no longer be possible with an EFM so I can’t really invest the time right now. I welcome anyone to look at the code and give it a try though. More coders are always welcomed.

Keep up the good work boys!:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Wrapping up on some new lighting for the A-4E. The AI model has been upgraded to use argument-based lights instead of the older default lights. This means the AI and player models will have the same lighting effects. (The AI model can't replicate the rotary beacons so those will be flashing instead). I'm waiting for the testers to find some bugs and I'll try to wrap up a few more code branches in the meantime.

N4lPRm4.png

55WdFzW.png

lO6XSt4.png

iTlj6xl.png

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update that we’re still working on some minor fixes and upgrades so the project isn’t dead. Sorry but my schedule has been really busy so progress is really slow.

Nice to hear, that you're still working on the A-4E. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Wrapping up on some new lighting for the A-4E. The AI model has been upgraded to use argument-based lights instead of the older default lights. This means the AI and player models will have the same lighting effects. (The AI model can't replicate the rotary beacons so those will be flashing instead). I'm waiting for the testers to find some bugs and I'll try to wrap up a few more code branches in the meantime.

N4lPRm4.png

55WdFzW.png

lO6XSt4.png

iTlj6xl.png

I can't see a specific post or reply in the thread, but does the A-4E-C model have or support Roughmets? I tried to create a roughmet just to test and see but it didn't seem to "take".

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

N4lPRm4.png

55WdFzW.png

lO6XSt4.png

iTlj6xl.png

:thumbup:

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Thanks for the update heclak!

This mod is awesome and everything you do is much appreciated!

If someone missed it there was a livestream on twitch and some post on hoggit regarding upcoming updates:

heclak

A-4E Dev

1 point

·

44 minutes ago

I've sort of lost track of what's new as I have yet to write up the changelog. I have the code commit messages to refer to for later.

I've done some tweaks to the cockpit, modelled some new panels, changed some indicators, added sounds for the huffer, new collision model (not visual damage model), added NVG, new engine control panel, fuel dump, new external lights, new sound framework (not much new sounds but it's a big change to understand how sound files work for mods), and general code cleanup for people to understand the code.

Currently trying to remember what else needs to be done to finish up the nav panel rewrite (it has been too long since I last read the NATOPS).

Hi everyone,

I’ll be doing a development stream in 20 mins time. Approximately 0200GMT. Do drop by if you want, I’ll be working on the navigation system and other updates. Feel free to just chat or ask questions. I can talk about modding and show how the code works too.

https://twitch.tv/heclak

Unable to get bombs to release in Nevada Range???

Hello to all.

First, What a fantastic job on the A-4E-C... Super job. Thanks.

Now, I can not figure out what i am doing wrong, but i have been unable to have any bomb release when using the Nevada Range. I can do the exact same simple tests in Caucasus map and all tested bombs release as expected.

Is there something that i am missing here??

just tried the Dubai map and all worked great. All bombs dropped no problem. So, Dubai and Cauc maps bomb ok and Nevada Range bombs not working...

thanks for any help.

Again, many thanks for any help / ideas and especially for this fantastic mod.

Cheers.

Edited by kahuuna
more info

Hello to all.

First, What a fantastic job on the A-4E-C... Super job. Thanks.

Now, I can not figure out what i am doing wrong, but i have been unable to have any bomb release when using the Nevada Range. I can do the exact same simple tests in Caucasus map and all tested bombs release as expected.

Is there something that i am missing here??

just tried the Dubai map and all worked great. All bombs dropped no problem. So, Dubai and Cauc maps bomb ok and Nevada Range bombs not working...

thanks for any help.

Again, many thanks for any help / ideas and especially for this fantastic mod.

Cheers.

Unfortunately I don’t own the Nevada map so it will be quite hard for me to try and troubleshoot issues on that map. Someone else would need to try and debug issues with that map instead. I do know that there are some weird things happening on the Nevada map.

I also want to thank you for continuing the development of this module. I love flying down a column of vehicles and troops dropping CBU-2B/A and MK-20 cluster munitions. I don't think any other aircraft in DCS can do that much damage all at the same time.

I have notice one problem with the Mk-82 Snakeyes though. A lot of the time when dropping them I get blown up by my own bombs. Will this be addressed in the new update?

Thanks again

I have notice one problem with the Mk-82 Snakeyes though. A lot of the time when dropping them I get blown up by my own bombs. Will this be addressed in the new update?

Thanks again

That is a matter of technique. This was mentioned in various documents (NATOPS, etc) For snake eyes, the release interval needs to be higher. You also need to have positive G no less than 1.0.

If you get blown up, you’re basically flying into you own bombs. The interval also needs to be significantly higher if you are releasing from one pylon only (eg. center only). If you alternate pylon (left then right wing) then the interval doesn’t need to be as high.

Unfortunately I don’t own the Nevada map so it will be quite hard for me to try and troubleshoot issues on that map. Someone else would need to try and debug issues with that map instead. I do know that there are some weird things happening on the Nevada map.

I tried it. Release bombs in the Nevada map work fine. No problem on my side.

@kahuuna

1. Set the master arm ON

2. set fuses (nose, tail, etc..)

3. set type release (pairs, salvo, etc..)

4. set Bomb & GM ARM

5. set the pods ON (pods 1-2-3-4-5)

6. push the trigger (bombs and rockets trigger)

and bombs are released

I tried it. Release bombs in the Nevada map work fine. No problem on my side.

@kahuuna

1. Set the master arm ON

2. set fuses (nose, tail, etc..)

3. set type release (pairs, salvo, etc..)

4. set Bomb & GM ARM

5. set the pods ON (pods 1-2-3-4-5)

6. push the trigger (bombs and rockets trigger)

and bombs are released

I must have been screwing up some simple point, but yup IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

Many, many thanks Magot..

Now i can get even with several places on the strip.... lol..

Cheers

hello,

i have a problem with carrier takeoff , unable to acces takeoff speed . i always crash in water

There are some limitations in the carrier operations. Have a look at the manual, pages 10 and 11: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit#slide=id.g51cb905973_34_58

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I want wish SkateZilla a merry holiday and thank him for his dcs utility which takes so many small task and makes them available at push of a button. Plus much more. Tome it’s the one stop shopping for many tasks. Thank you so much.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.