New MK-82 Snake eye

Mitch

But will this bomb be integrated into BS or not?

If I remember correctly, the USAF doesn't even use them anymore, using a parachute system ("ballute") rather than the old fins.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I've just had a play around with LOPE and added the Russian PB-250 to the A-10A to see if the HUD, CCIP and CCRP reflected the different trajectory that a retarded bomb would take, and it works!

I know that the PB-250 has a larger warhead than the Mk-82, but I don't think that it's destructive power in the game is any greater than that of a Mk-82 anyway...

Would you consider an alternative pack to swap the model of the PB-250 with the Mk-82 snake eye?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've just had a play around with LOPE and added the Russian PB-250 to the A-10A to see if the HUD, CCIP and CCRP reflected the different trajectory that a retarded bomb would take, and it works!

I know that the PB-250 has a larger warhead than the Mk-82, but I don't think that it's destructive power in the game is any greater than that of a Mk-82 anyway...

Would you consider an alternative pack to swap the model of the PB-250 with the Mk-82 snake eye?

Well If you wanted to do that I think that is something that you could do yourself... If Mitch doesnt want to change it that way.

I've already done it with my own install, all that is left is to create a new dds for the weapon view window. With permission, I'll make a package.

SnakeEyes.jpg

• Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As replacing stuff is always crap regarding online play, how about ask ED if they like to add the SnakeEye to BS??

Shouldn't be too much work for them as everything is done excluding the implementation into game without removing stuff.

Otherwise it couldn't be used online next to the russian weapon... :(

Same for the new launcher racks etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

beautiful... the new model is astonishing beautiful. I'll definitely use it!

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

As replacing stuff is always crap regarding online play, how about ask ED if they like to add the SnakeEye to BS??

Shouldn't be too much work for them as everything is done excluding the implementation into game without removing stuff.

Otherwise it couldn't be used online next to the russian weapon... :(

Same for the new launcher racks etc.

The Snake eye has already been submitted to ED for inclusion in Black Shark from another member of our community (iVIPER21) a long time ago, but the thread died and there was no update as to if the model would be included or not (ED, any comments here?)...

You are quite right however Laud, that it would be against the rules of most servers in Hyperlobby to use the mod without permission.

The DDS that I will use for the mod when you select the bomb in the Payload section will highlight that fact, but I would like to think that many of the HL server moderators may make allowances for this to be used.

As a side note, Mitch has given me permission to use his Snake eye, so the mod is going ahead, and it will be included in Yeniceri's A-10 pack!

:thumbup:

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Work is also progressing on the Snake Eyes mod that I'm working on... Here are the latest screenies

ScreenShot_068.jpg

ScreenShot_067.jpg

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I love the look of the mod, unfortunately, the bombs do not truly replicate the ones that would be used in the real world. When snakeyes are dropped, the fins open immediately after release, as you know, this is done to allow the pilot to escape the frag range of the bomb. With this mod, the fins take far too long to snap open, and often don't do so at all if dropped at low altitudes, which is the preferred tactic using the snakeye. Is there any way to speed up the action? Again, great mod, it just needs some fine tuning.

a-36_arma.jpg

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

As far as I know, the physics of the weapon (the PB-250 in my upcoming mods case) can not be changed. I know that a Snake eye was submited to ED for Black Shark, but we never heard if it was going to be included or not...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mitch !

Hellcat61 is right.

... the fins must open immediately after release...

I replaced Ur model over Betab-250 which has the highest drag...so it's slowing down properly, but retarding fins open too late.

I used modelviewer.exe to check this "opening" effect...Ur model is using "Arg N 2" from 0.00 to 0.07 (8 steps) but other retarded bomb models are using "Arg N 0" from 0.94 to 0.97 and these models open retarded system earlier than your Snake Eye. (still not perfect, still too late but earlier then your model)

Try to use "Arg N 0" from -1.00 to -0.93 or "Arg N 0" from 0.00 to 0.07

MayB it will help.

Try to change this opening effect PLZ.

BTW : Great Work > THX 4 Ur efforts

The Warfighter Encyclopedia:

https://wrc.navair-rdte.navy.mil/warfighter_enc/weapons/Bombs/bombegin.htm

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist