Black Shark news?

Flyby

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole idea is to leave this legacy code behind. The DCS core is the infrastructure: Graphics engine, network, sound engine, physics engine, etc etc. Are you sure now? :)
The same is true for Windows, but Windows Vista still contains a lot of really old code and some really old bugs ;)

Obviously, it's not realistic to redo all the code at once (even a company like Microsoft can't dream of this). Most of the new code is (most likely) present in new components.

BS and it don't stand for Black Shark

So these guys dick us around with one release date after another and now I'm suppose to buy into this. When it’s out(IF) then I’ll take a look. These guys have a bad track record. Hard to really believe all this. If I understand this I now have to buy another flight sim to keep and this doesn’t work with Lock On? It reminds if of another flight sim that has been the works for a while now with nothing to show for it. Besides talk, talk, talk. Like this.

Wow, talk about not knowing what you're talking about.

DCS already has things to show and has; at least in the forms of screenshots. Furthermore, no one's 'dicking you around' with any release dates. ED has SPECIFICALLY not provided any because they have been burned before by providing release dates.

So these guys dick us around with one release date after another and now I'm suppose to buy into this. When it’s out(IF) then I’ll take a look. These guys have a bad track record. Hard to really believe all this. If I understand this I now have to buy another flight sim to keep and this doesn’t work with Lock On? It reminds if of another flight sim that has been the works for a while now with nothing to show for it. Besides talk, talk, talk. Like this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

1) I have no clue why it took one year to tell us this.

2) Looks like the company has decided to do the major quantum upgrade into the future now, instead of dragging on with older code. To do that they must have decided they have the finanacial backing, and the expertise, and talent, and now is the time to take the plunge.

The whole project will turn out really nice. As more addons come along it will grow.

IMHO

:thumbup:

• Like 1

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

LOL! Good grief.

Personaly ,I am looking forward to DCS. The AFM of these AC will be outstanding. I love LockOn FC and will still fly it for some time to come, but it is old and IMHO DCS is the best idea for the future for ED and it's customers.

I am excited and anicipating many AC with AFM for DCS Titles and a new level of realism that is unseen in any former flight sims. If the other AC to be released are as high fidelity as the KA-50 is even now while still in beta I seriously doubt that there will be many unhappy people after they try it.

GAWD this is gonna ROCK!!!

Out

Okay GG! Why is that a conspiracy? its a legitimate concern. Okay! Now maybe...maybe in the future after the BS DCS module...ED decides...taht its current code is holding them back as they have always been going back to the old code (like windows being built on the same core... i.e., xp and vista from NT and so on). However, maybe ED thinks... HEY! why not go fresh... kinda like Half life 2 style and make objects that have their OWN properties...so give metal its characteristic. So basically the objects in the game have set properties i.e., metal bends.... concrete or terrain deformation when destroyed and so on.

Don't tell me this is far off. World in conflict has already done terrain deformation.

Basically from what I can see... It isn't convincing. I am not saying its impossible..but I am very very very skeptical of A10 being added to DCS core and we being able to play all DCS modules online irrespective of module version.

It just seems tooo much effort and seems totally unlikely. I am pretty sure ED in the future will feel that they can "MOVE INTO THE NEXT GENERATION" of graphic effects in DCS and then they might be again at the same dilemma. The engine is too revised to release it as a module => NEW GAME.

This is not a conspiracy...its the inferance based on GAME DEVELOPMENT IN THE PAST few years.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Well...you might ask..so what is the problem in getting a new version or new game with BEtTER quality? The problem is that we are loosing existing "AMAZING stuff". With this..I am relating to the Su-25T and Su-25...they are amazing in lomac. It flies amazing.... handles wicked...thanks to the AFM.

Also... It was going to be soo cool to have an A-10 and a KA-50 in opposing roles.... (I KNOW ..I KNOW...one is an aircraft the other is a chopper.) They are true mud movers and they are insane.

If anything I don't really care about the other jets. I am a mud mover...so I just care about those ones. :p

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Personaly ,I am looking forward to DCS. The AFM of these AC will be outstanding. I love LockOn FC and will still fly it for some time to come, but it is old and IMHO DCS is the best idea for the future for ED and it's customers.

I am excited and anicipating many AC with AFM for DCS Titles and a new level of realism that is unseen in any former flight sims. If the other AC to be released are as high fidelity as the KA-50 is even now while still in beta I seriously doubt that there will be many unhappy people after they try it.

GAWD this is gonna ROCK!!!

Out

Don't want to burst your bubble but my friend you are dreaming. What looks good on paper never ends up in RL.

I'm still a little baffled at how people think they are "losing" something with this new product. As far as I know, you won't be required to send back your LOMAC or FC disks in order to buy the new product.. ;) So you can continue to play those if you desire the fighters or Su-25T respectively...

Right?

I'm still a little baffled at how people think they are "losing" something with this new product. As far as I know, you won't be required to send back your LOMAC or FC disks in order to buy the new product.. ;) So you can continue to play those if you desire the fighters or Su-25T respectively...

Right?

What we have lost by BS not being an add-on to LO/FC is:

New terrain area over which to operate LO/FC flyables

Use of the improvements to the campaign system and mission editor with the LO/FC flyables

Use of KA-50 in concert with LO/FC flyables in multiplayer

Use of all the new AI units with existing LO/FC flyables

Having the updated AI FMs

and probably other stuff I don't even know about...

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lost as in until a few days ago the advertised expectation was these capabilities would be available for use in conjunction with the current flyables.

:shrug: It wouldn't be the first time a project changed mid-stream to meet the realities of the situation. I think most developers go out of the way to state that advertised features aren't promises. I've seen that comment time and again on these forums..that everything is a "work in progress" and "subject to change".

I think you and others have a right to be disappointed for sure..I just see it as something new and different and it took me all of 5 minutes to get used to the idea. Those that have invested in skins, mods, and missions for LOMAC/FC obviously feel a bit of heartache over the decision, but I'm hoping this new direction will take us even further and give us even more.

I'm an optimist though... ;)

BeachAV8R

I put a post up at lockonfiles forum about me figuring out why it is I'm not as excited about DCS:BS as I think I should be and how it really doesn't matter that you might want to read Beach. I was going to post it at SimHQ (and may still)...but they've been down as you know...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I put a post up at lockonfiles forum about me figuring out why it is I'm not as excited about DCS:BS as I think I should be and how it really doesn't matter that you might want to read Beach. I was going to post it at SimHQ (and may still)...but they've been down as you know...

Yeah..the SimHQ thing has been frustrating. I went over to the other forum though and read your message. I'll reply over there.

• Like 1

Use of the improvements to the campaign system and mission editor with the LO/FC flyables

Colt40Five,

I totally agree!

These news this week really disappointed me!

Lockon is now a product that will not be supported anymore.

A new sim with BS DCS? Fine! New technology? Great!

But probably too late for me. I am not willing to wait more years to have helis and jets

within one sim.

We have Lockon FC which is great. Fantastic work of all modders coming up.

DCS will be a very, very, very long project and nobody knows if this concept will work.

Greetings

krel01

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yep, I think so... Very sad news:(