WMR DEBUG TOOL - cross eye alignment

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

I will bump my report. 

thanks for the nudge 

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

2.9 has just made my Vive Pro headset revert to a cross eye effect which i corrected years ago (when the tool came out probably?) and now it has forgotten the setting. 

VR now unuseable in 2.9

edit: will correct myself slightly. MT 2.9. Looks like my settings work in Single thread still but the MT has forgotten it, which is pretty odd considering MT was fine in 2.8

Why on earth would the setting no apply in both, and why would it suddenly stop in 2.9...

Edited by jimiC

You can check your alignment using the OXR Toolkit, set the outer ring on custom Foveated rendering to Cull and start decreasing the %, you'll see the edges.  Mine was badly misaligned, the bottom halves of the screens were obscured while the Culled area was not even visible on the top side yet. 

My problem was I still had a .LUA with stored HMD settings from way back still in the saved game folder from past cross eye tool use.  Pulled that out and now getting perfect binocular rings as the cull area shrinks with all sides disappearing symmetrical. 

It was noticeable something was wrong, about a quarter of my game start ups would have the black mask obscuring the bottom half or quarter of the screens, forcing a restart to correct.

Much better without the file in, at least everyone using OXR can now check it using the FVR Cull tool trick.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice but not sure relevant. 

My alignment is fine in all other applications and in 2.9 ST (including using this tool in 2.9 ST ) 

However loading in MT doesn't apply the alignment or allow the tool to be used for the MT version

On 10/24/2023 at 10:42 AM, jimiC said:

Thanks for the advice but not sure relevant. 

My alignment is fine in all other applications and in 2.9 ST (including using this tool in 2.9 ST ) 

However loading in MT doesn't apply the alignment or allow the tool to be used for the MT version

Hi @jimiC, If I understand, you are able to launch the debug tool in 2.9ST ? In my case It doesn't work.

Edited by Grippen80

On 10/25/2023 at 1:14 AM, Nodak said:

But what it does tell us is the LUA file numbers still work, and manually changing the values should have an effect, and there is a crude means to verify.

not quite. 

the lua settings (changed or otherwise) do not apply if loaded from the MT bin

Hi,

Sorry to bother you with my questions 😅

It doesn't work for me in 2.9 ST and in 2.9 MT (of course)

So, I go back in 2.8, because I lost the VR HeadSet.lua.

In 2.8, it works and I retrieve my VR HeadSet.lua with good settings.

What I noticed, in 2.8, the WMR Debug Tool is launched when I start with DCS_updater.exe, not with only DCS.exe. Same for the VR HeadSet.lua, DCS applies it when starting with DCS_updater.exe, not with only DCS.exe.

So my question for @jimiC is, do you launch 2.9 with DCS_updater or only with bin/DCS.exe ?

And question for everybody, do you think possible to apply the EYE_LEFT / EYE_RGHT parameters in another .lua file to force the values ?

Thks a lot

Edited by Grippen80

good point. 

yes. i launch 2.9 ST with the updater tool by skatezilla but AFAIK i cant launch  MT using the tool so haven't been doing so.  (he was working on a new updater though so i will no go search and see if there is an update.)

but even then , i was launching MT in 2.8 without the tool and had no issues with the cross eye problem.. so there's still something different going on

ok well there is a new updater but unfortunately (not the updaters fault) it didnt help, in fact my situation is now worse. can't use either 2.9 ST or MT without cross eye so something has unstuck the settings even further. I now need this tool back ASAP to even play 2.9 at all. (and i won't be bothering to roll back to 2.8 so will just not play until fixed)

• ED Team

I have tested a fix for MT for the crosseye tool, hopefully it will be working again in a public build soon. 

thank you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 10/2/2019 at 5:26 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hello everyone For those of you having problems with windows mixed reality and cross eyes the team have enabled a debug tool for the next update.

Screen_190925_105518.thumb.jpg.493f4a6e470844f0383da51aac88bf83.jpg

To enable you will need to add this line to your autoexec.cfg

force_cross_eye_recovery_tool = true

The autoexec.cfg can be found here C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config

If you do not have one create one using notepad++ and save as .cfg Once enabled the window will appear when you start DCS in VR then adjust to your own preference and click save and close. this will place a VR preference file for your headset in your saved games DCS folder.

1811610046_WMRSAVEDGAMESFOLDER.PNG.3086b9e7292933c7473e58e131100c93.PNG

The debug window will not return unless you remove this file from your saved games if you wish to adjust again. We hope this will help some of you using windows mixed reality who are experiencing problem with miss alignment. Thank you.

autoexec.cfg 105 B · 831 downloads

Hey nice - any guides as to what these adjustments mean/do or where to start?

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
40 minutes ago, AMVI_Boomer said:

Dear @BIGNEWY thanks a lot! What a surprise I had this evening...thanks again, great and really appreciate! All my best

No problem, sorry it took a while to fix, but we got there. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1