[W.I.P] Fuel consumption

Santi871

I am running some tests against documentation on fuel flow easy to find on the internet about the blk 50 Viper with F-110-GE-129 engine (the one in DCS Viper).

To summarize, the DCS Viper consumes a lot less fuel than the charts state, especially in afterburner (I'm talking a big difference, around 25% of what it should be consuming).

Is the fuel consumption still being tweaked? I am sure ED has access to this information.

Edited by Santi871

I am running some tests against documentation on fuel flow easy to find on the internet about the blk 50 Viper with F-110-GE-129 engine (the one in DCS Viper).

To summarize, the DCS Viper consumes a lot less fuel than the charts state, especially in afterburner (I'm talking a big difference, around 25% of what it should be consuming).

Is the fuel consumption still being tweaked? I am sure ED has access to this information.

Correct. The jet isn't hitting full afterburner. Nozzles aren't hitting 95%, fuel flow is at a 1/4 of what it should be, rpm is at 100% -101% instead of 105%-107%.

Can't sustain a 9G turn either. There is an issue. I reported this in bug and they moved it to controls issue. But this is happening across all controllers.

Link to report: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250824

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

It seems like the game is just modeling full mil power and not AB. It could just be displaying the AB effects and not giving us the 'oomph' we need for it.

Is showing AB at like the first light off stage. Not full AB. It's weird.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Correct. The jet isn't hitting full afterburner. Nozzles aren't hitting 95%, fuel flow is at a 1/4 of what it should be, rpm is at 100% -101% instead of 105%-107%.

Can't sustain a 9G turn either. There is an issue. I reported this in bug and they moved it to controls issue. But this is happening across all controllers.

Link to report: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250824

Good point. Have you noticed AB doesn't light up until well past the AB mark on the controls indicator? I think the throttle input is shifted in its entire range.

Again, I will have to check on that, because I don't think its always a set RPM, it can depend on conditions what RPM you will see, even with max power.

Right but 22,000 ff vs 70,000+ is a big difference. Cant sustain a 9G turn, nozzle position is a dead give away there is an issue.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

Again, I will have to check on that, because I don't think its always a set RPM, it can depend on conditions what RPM you will see, even with max power.

Just have them give it a look, please. It's just a suspicion and we all know who are the ones who can check the code and confirm whether it is a bug :)

It wouldn't be good if fuel consumption got changed due to an underlying bug affecting throttle input.

It's definitely getting better fuel consumption than it should. I flew on our wing server with no bags and six slammers. Left out of Khasab flew to Bandar Abbas engaged a couple bandits, defended against 2 SA10 shots that took me back down to about 50 feet, climbed back up for another engagement, dove back down dodging sams, climbed back up for a last engagement and flew back to Khasab from Bandar Lengah. I had 3,000 pounds left when I landed lol. I started with 7200. I'm not complaining as it is what it is and I'm happy to have the jet but it's a bit off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Ya I thought it seemed like something was up. The A/B lighting off is strange just seems to be one stage figured it just wasn't modeled yet.

Hilariously it will be even shorter range than it already is.

Rig: 5960X @ 4.5GHZ 32GB 3000Mhz DDR4 Titan XP Dell 3415W 21:9 Thrustmaster Warthog

Low fuel flow in AB - not control issue.

Hi.

Please don’t merge this post with the one in the controls forum. I’ve tested with joystick and keyboard and I get the same results. I’m getting a fuel flow of around 22k at low level in full AB.

This is 1/3rd of what i’d expect. It should be over 60k at low level.

Any input from people who know the real jet is welcome.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

There we go!

It looks like fuel flow modelling is way low across the board. I can’t get dry power fuel flow anywhere near that high either.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

Hi all

this is known and W.I.P

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4057508#post4057508

Thanks

Note please remember our 1.16 rule here

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

this is known and W.I.P

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4057508#post4057508

Thanks

Note please remember our 1.16 rule here

thank you

Glad to know it’s known. Suggest it gets added to the list of known bugs here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=250797

I checked it before posting and saw nothing about fuel flow/thrust.

Proud owner of:

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

The F16 is within its first Early access release, there are so many things that need attention, you can't even turn on external lights or jettison stores. Whatever the real specs are, are subject to change within a moth I think