[REPORTED] Left wheelbrake not functioning,

Topgun505

I have my left wheelbrake set to my left toe brake and right brake to the right just like all other aircraft I fly. Last night I noticed that the left brake didn't seem to be working. I see the toe brake move in the cockpit but it doesn't actually apply brakes. One other person on my server reported the same thing. I jumped into a Hornet and both brakes are fine so it isn't my pedals. Anyone else noticed this?

Topgun505

Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k, Evga GTX 1080 FTW, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, Alienware 34" 2K LED, TrackIR 5 Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Rudder, Thrustmaster MFDs x3, Razer Nostromo n52.

Problem must be in your settings or your hardware. My brakes works both.

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I have my left wheelbrake set to my left toe brake and right brake to the right just like all other aircraft I fly. Last night I noticed that the left brake didn't seem to be working. I see the toe brake move in the cockpit but it doesn't actually apply brakes. One other person on my server reported the same thing. I jumped into a Hornet and both brakes are fine so it isn't my pedals. Anyone else noticed this?

I do assume u have checked responsiveness on the axis itself(Axis tune).

If that checks out,i don't know what is the problem.It would be helpful,for more technically savvy guys,to mention what rudder you are using.

Is it still Saitek Pro Rudder?

P.S:@Flia & DutchJackal

Would you guys be kind enough to hold off your comments until u have actually something constructive to say...Thanx

Right Brake stronger than Left Brake is a known issue.

Really?Haven't noticed(probably because i always add a little more pressure to the one brake than the other,than compensate).As i have understood the Op,

the issue is that left brake doesn't work at all.

Edited by Void78

+1 here

Left toe brake doesn't even stop a rolling Viper at idle, right brake works fine. Using TM TWCS rudders. Work fine in all other aircraft, 3D pedal moves to full extent and axis movement is identical for both toe brakes in the axis manager.

I am getting around it by just mapping the wheel brake axis to each toe brake lol. Will try to get a track illustrating it.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A work around until they can resolve why some are and others are not getting left brake is to place Brake Channel to Channel 2 and turn off Anti-Skid. Yes it will kick off a MASTER CAUTION, and show Anti Skid in the caution panel, but left and right brakes work properly.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I’ve also noticed that the left wheel brake is weak or even totally non-functional.

Thing is, it’s intermittent. On most flights both brakes function normally, but it’s happened to me maybe twice since the Viper was released that the left brake doesn’t work.

I’ve checked for the usual culprits (binding conflicts etc.) but nothing is amiss. So far unable to find the cause.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

Might have a bit more info to work with - just testing with normal procedures and yep both brakes worked equally.

However if you have the parking brake set and then advance power, which releases the parking brake, then the LH brake is really weak and the RH is normal.

May be related.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

If you are still seeing issues attach a short track and we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Similar problem here: I'm unable to bind the right wheelbrake to my right MFG Crosswind pedal. On all other aircrafts, it's working.

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

• ED Team

If anyone has a short track showing this we would appreciate it

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hot start jet, positioned near runway but not on it.

Check brakes, both in cockpit pedals and the controller overlay show correct motion. Start to roll and have good left and right brake inputs. Engage NWS to turn out towards runway. After NWS is engaged, the left brake fails. I go through various run ups and rolling to illustrate the difference between left and right brakes.

Hot Start-no left brake.trk

Edited by =Panther=

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I can confirm, I had this happen just now. I did sharp turns on a ramp. I bumped the thrust moderately for a taxi speed, full right rudder and right brake. I get about 180 degrees. Do the same thing going left. Left rudder and brake. I'm able to go about 420 degrees. Quite comical.

Also noticed when using right brake, the animation for the left wheel stops. Should be the right wheel that stops.

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Maybe related?

Also, it may be related to this problem. I've noticed if you runup to 80% while holding brakes, the jet will do a very slow rotation to the right on the vertical axis.

Edited by Eagle7907

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

I have left diferensial breake go off to all the time on taxi.If i hold (W) both brakes and spool up on runway plane rotates right.Think engine have to have som rpm and make shure to sykle stick movement on start.pump breakes and rev engines a bit.som times it work somtimes not.

Right Brake stronger than Left Brake is a known issue.

Having this one myself, but not all the time. Doesn't do it on any other plane either, just the -16.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Hot start jet, positioned near runway but not on it.

Check brakes, both in cockpit pedals and the controller overlay show correct motion. Start to roll and have good left and right brake inputs. Engage NWS to turn out towards runway. After NWS is engaged, the left brake fails. I go through various run ups and rolling to illustrate the difference between left and right brakes.

Nice one Panther, looks like it is the NWS causing it. Your suggestion of Chan 2 and disable anti-skid does the trick for now thou :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]