A request to ED : Keybind for switching 'Use Mouse' setting in flight

lucky-hendrix

A simple request for ED, but which I believe could be very usefull to a lot of VR users :

Please add a keybind to toggle the option 'Use Mouse' from the VR menu in game.

This would allow pilots to quickly switch between a fixed mouse pointer to easily activate things by looking at it (mostly during fights, where you focus more on the stick&throttle than clicking switches) and a movable mouse pointer for more relaxed phase of flight (start up for instance).

Another somewhat related request : When 'use mouse' is checked and you try to interact with the radio comms window it seems that the 'blue cross' pointer in the 3D world is offset from the 'white dot' pointer in the 2D radio comms window. This offset is not present when the cursor is fixed with 'use mouse' unchecked. It would be nice to fix this as well.

Thank you :)

Another somewhat related request : When 'use mouse' is checked and you try to interact with the radio comms window it seems that the 'blue cross' pointer in the 3D world is offset from the 'white dot' pointer in the 2D radio comms window. This offset is not present when the cursor is fixed with 'use mouse' unchecked. It would be nice to fix this as well.

I personally don’t think I’d use the in-flight toggle you are speaking of but the 2nd fix you mention above would be greatly appreciated.

I played with mouse on for months thinking that I couldn’t use the mouse to access the comms menu (because the blue cross doesn’t trigger selections) only to realize later that the mouse dot was just offset but was there the whole time... :doh: that would be an appreciated fix indeed.

i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz, ASUS ROG Z390 MAXIMUS XI HERO, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080Ti 11GB, 32GB DDR4 @ 3866MHZ, 1TB Intel 660P M.2 NVMe SSD, 1TB WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD, Oculus Rift S

I have my mouse functions assigned to buttons on my stick, I tend to alternate between using either the mouse or the buttons on the fly, either way not big deal for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

DOn't you ever wish you could pin the blue cross to center of view with a button click ? after you lost it because slewing to far ?

Sure most of the time you can just grab the mouse, but it is easier said then done, while flying formation, tanking ...

I have also my buttons on my hotas. But no way to return pointer to center, other than release the stick and take the mouse in hand

Edited by lucky-hendrix

A simple request for ED, but which I believe could be very usefull to a lot of VR users :

This would allow pilots to quickly switch between a fixed mouse pointer to easily activate things by looking at it (mostly during fights, where you focus more on the stick&throttle than clicking switches) and a movable mouse pointer for more relaxed phase of flight (start up for instance).

+1

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

I'm not sure i understand the first part of this post . I see a "combined" version of the two options the OP suggests , which works very well , allowing both mouse use and head-tracking cursor position .

The latter problem i address using Voiceattack and Vaicom Pro-much more immersive if your setup allows its use .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I'm not sure i understand the first part of this post . I see a "combined" version of the two options the OP suggests , which works very well , allowing both mouse use and head-tracking cursor position .

The latter problem i address using Voiceattack and Vaicom Pro-much more immersive if your setup allows its use .

Another option that would end up with same result, would be to have a keybind that recenter the mouse in the view.

But then we still need fix #2 as currently, when the mouse is movable, the cursor for comms window is very offset.

Another option that would end up with same result, would be to have a keybind that recenter the mouse in the view.

But then we still need fix #2 as currently, when the mouse is movable, the cursor for comms window is very offset.

VoiceAttack and Vaicom Pro allow you to disable com windows altogether . Much more immersive .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

VoiceAttack and Vaicom Pro allow you to disable com windows altogether . Much more immersive .

Agree, best way to go especially with VR IMHO.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Ok never mind...:smilewink:

Just trying to offer options to help.

Don B

)

Double click the middle mouse button

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

• 4 weeks later...

:thumbup:

I vote for this with one extension:

in game optional switch between "exclusive mouse cursor position" and "exclusive head-tracking cursor position"

...or at least, a button "park the blue cross on this knob"

as far as i am aware, we have only "exclusive head-tracking cursor position" option.

why?

there are rotary knobs, which needn´t be watched all the time when tunning; what more, sometimes it is better to observe the tunning effect by looking outside of cockpit (axis trims etc)

cheers

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to bump this up. The current setup is so frustrating.

If you lock the cursor to your head its hard to work in the back of the pit with CDU etc, hard to get Lat Long from F10 etc and requires commitment to looking down not glancing ahead.

With the mouse option you have to guess where it last was and risk pressing a button when you make the cursor live again, the interaction between the blue cross and white dot for menus and Scratchpad is most annoying.

Asus Z790 PLUS WIFI D4, 13700K RTX 4090 FE, M2. HP Reverb G2.

+1

• 2 weeks later...

this is the way, I would like to have mouse control in dcs:

(came across it when browsing yt)

Edited by wju

i7-7820X@4.5Ghz; GPU 3080Ti, 64GB RAM, HP Reverb G2; VKB Ultimate stick; VIRPIL Throttle; Slaw Pedals; custom AX&BTN BOX

this is the way, I would like to have mouse control in dcs:

(came across it when browsing yt)

I want that ! Please, ED, make it happen ...

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...