Arctic Map

Netsk

On 7/29/2022 at 5:26 PM, Rick50 said:

So I just now saw that ORBX is developing a new map for DCS:  Kola Peninsula!!!

They are new to DCS.... but they are NOT new to flight simulation terrain addons. They have been around for civilian flight sims for decades..  and now for DCS!!!

The grand map includes the northern end of Norway including Bodo and Andoya, Sweden, a bit of Finland and a bit of Russia, but includes Murmansk and many of those norther military bases... this is a GREAT THING!!  

And whenever the Typhoon module is ready, get some 90's nostalgia too!!

I just heard about this news about the Kola map on one of the youtube DCS channels. This map would offer a lot interesting missions.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stratos said:

Hope they create a winter version as well, it will suck if we can only fly in summer.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/304804-official-news-2022/?do=findComment&comment=5017686

Both Summer and Winter versions of the Kola map are planned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 11/16/2019 at 10:41 AM, Netsk said:

Hi,

I think an Arctic map similar to Janes F/A-18 would be awesome. I list the reasons below:

- The dominance of the Arctic region is were today's superpower rivalry is heading.

- Includes both Russian (including Russias most important naval base), NATO and Neutral territory.

- Good environment for many of the DCS Aircraft such as F-16, F-5 (Norway), F/A-18C, MiG-21, Mi-8 (Finland) and Viggen, upcoming Bo-105 (Sweden).

- Is sparsely populated, less time needed to be spent on building detailed cities.

- Gorgeous scenery with Norways mountains and Finlands and Swedens forests and hills.

jane-s-combat-simulations-f-a-18-simulator_2.png

Was that market research for / on behalf of Orbx back in 2019, just months after Wags mentioned Orbx was talking to ED about cooperation? 

Well played 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

On 8/1/2022 at 12:18 PM, MAXsenna said:

Now I wonder if they'll have a shot at Northern Lights!

Aurora modeling is mandatory!

edit: It's confirmed here! 🙂 https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/wgibx5/images_from_the_kola_peninsula_from_the_orbxs/

Edited by draconus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...