This forum is dead!

I have reduced my activity in Lockon myself but was more due to RL issues other than DCS. I have registered already but have only taken a look arround, I havent seen much.

Yes activity almost stoped and this looks like an empty old theatre like UBI became shortly after Flamming cliffs came out. I think this is a sign that peaople are craving for new stuff and that Lockon is seeing its sunset.

4 years is a long time. If everything changed tommrow and the game engine required 25%-40% more computer horse power, requireing a DC cpu to run it. Had alot better graphics, every bug you could think of fixed. Had new declassified planes to fly maybe 2 more planes.....therefor bringing up the total cost to play games from ED at around $1500- $2000 in computer hardware and controls etc etc. Im thinking average here.

If all that happened how many more people can we count on to just dive into Flight Sims? I hope alot personally, I know alot of people think LOMAC is all sexy and cool but present them the cost of learning and the gear needed to play then its really difficult to keep some peoples attention.

Asus P8Z68-V GEN3/ 2500k 4.4ghz / Corsair 64gb SSD Cache / Corsair 8g 1600 ddr3 / 2 x 320gb RE3 Raid 0 /Corsair 950w/ Zotac 560TI AMP 1gb / Zalman GS1200 case /G940/

Yes activity almost stoped and this looks like an empty old theatre like UBI became shortly after Flamming cliffs came out. I think this is a sign that peaople are craving for new stuff and that Lockon is seeing its sunset.

I don't know.. signal to noise ratio seems to have gone up around here, I didn't notice that at the Ubi forum.

(i.e. I post a higher percentage of the remaining posts now :) )

-SK

I thin some ppl gone to SIM-MOD

Some to DCS forums..

And other just cant find anything new to talk about..

I guess right after chrismas there is going to be a

New A-10

New Ground textures

New Airports

New Vehicles

New Clouds

New Ship skins and fire effects

New ALQ model for A-10

Then this place gets crowded again

[sIGPIC]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa200/misikci/41-imza-1.jpg[/sIGPIC]

"To infinity...and beyond!.."

SIM-MOD Modeler

TURK!

at Lockonfiles we got only 400,000 page hits and 1,000 more new members last month, this is a sunset of sorts for us too...

FWIW, Tom, for the several weeks I've only been able to access your site about half the times I've tried. The rest of the time the page never loads. Eventually my browsers (I've tried with IE, Firefox, and MyIE) simply give up. So that might be part of the issue, assuming I'm not the only one experiencing this. I headed over there this evening to drop you a PM about it and, once again, couldn't access your site yet again.

I just tried again. After trying for about 3-4 minutes, the page suddenly loaded. Very strange.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Guest Crazy_Eyes

You think it's quiet here?, Wait untill BS is released and watch how quiet the fixed wing severs on HL go. I have a bad feeling that BS will divide the already small community that LO has previously had.

...I have a bad feeling that BS will divide the already small community that LO has previously had.

Of course it will. It's a reflection of the division that exists between those who are interested in helos and those who have little or no interest in them. The two communities won't reunite, if at all, until the new series has both helos and fixed wing aircraft available to fly.

Even then, there seem to be far more people interested in A2A than A2G. And, if that's the case, a total reunification (if such a thing can occur) won't happen until US/Nato A2A aircraft are available to fly. The DCS line's success or failure will rest on their ability to capture the hearts and minds of new simmers. It'll be a long time before the old LOMAC/FC community even has the hope of coming back together. In short, it'll never be what it was. It can only become something new. And let's hope it can become something better.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I think you're right Rich. The only thing DCS and Lockon really have in common is the developers and part of the technology.

DCS just targets a radically different community. I came to Lockon coming from Strike Fighters, so for me the gaming aspect was essential, just as the possibility to fly different fighters online. To give one example, I like to jump cockpits with alt-j and continue the fight from the other side. A thing totally strange to DCS philosophy.

I did not like LO:FC and I will buy DCS:BS but most probably not play it, even if I really find it a top notch sim. Helo's just are not my thing. I have EE2 and do not play it either.

I've returned to Strike Fighters and Lomac 1.02 and wish ED much success down the DCS road. I think it's a gamble, but it's a damn good product so why shouldn't it succeed?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Guest Crazy_Eyes

Well said Gents!, I see HL becoming what UBI.com is now, I'm not being negative here but I cant help but feel we are all witnessing the sunset on LO:FC.

Helo sims are not my thing either, I will not be purchasing DCS:BS, I know I wont play it and I have better things to spend my cash on, I'm really hoping FO come to fruitition.

:thumbup:

If we are indeed witnessing a sunset *which personally I am not convinced of* then I dare say we only have ourselves to blame. Ask yourselves the question - has anything substantially changed to alter the Dynamic of Flaming Cliffs?

Answer - Most Definitely Not!

Yes - we have seen the introduction of a High Fidelity Helo Simulation: *No surprise there - life goes on and with it advancements and progress* - to now base the apparent lack of interest in the Forum and the Flaming Cliffs Community on the introduction of the said Helo Sim is in my humble opinion misguided.

There exists no Good Reason why the Sims cannot co-exist. Whatever the reason for the apparent lack of activity, I sincerely Doubt that the answer will be found in the Hallowed Halls of DCS: Black Shark..........

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

O well now that I've learned how to fly a plane I have to face the sun set or rather wait for the sun rise which takes about eternity!

I'd buy DCS BS just to see the noise it makes I'm saying that becouse I like fast jets and the learning curve LOMAC had to offer if the leaning curve was higher, I'd pay for it just to be in the club, because that's what I do to my hobbies.

A sim can be a childs play or a sophisticated ground and it's up to the devs to show us what it is.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I still check here often...more for the mods section than the general discussion though...

That's good. You can be our spy in the DCS forums then, since you're the only one there with any common sense.

Has anyone asked how the two-seat cockpit of the AH-64A is presumably supposed to work yet?

-SK

That's good. You can be our spy in the DCS forums then, since you're the only one there with any common sense.

Has anyone asked how the two-seat cockpit of the AH-64A is presumably supposed to work yet?

-SK

On the subject of how the 2 seater will work in SP, wags said something to the effect of "It's not like it hasn't been done before"...which is kind of cryptic. I took it to mean that it might work like EECH...or some other previous sim with a 2 seater in SP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]