DCS AJS-37: Road to Release

Cobra847

Another update today, Viggen slot is desesperatly empty.... no"add" ( radio?) no fixe ( FM?)...nothing.....Really it's sad....F14 rules...and market....

And it's doubly sad beacause the Viggen is perhaps the only DCS module for which we do not find any negative comments ou criticals things on the net...

Viggen = abandonware?

I am sad 😔

Edited by Spirale

42 minutes ago, Spirale said:

Another update today, Viggen slot is desesperatly empty.... no"add" ( radio?) no fixe ( FM?)...nothing.....Really it's sad....F14 rules...and market....

And it's doubly sad beacause the Viggen is perhaps the only DCS module for which we do not find any negative comments ou criticals things on the net...

Viggen = abandonware?

I am sad 😔

Yeah, it would sure be nice to get an update from HB on whether finishing the Viggen is still "top priority" or if plans have changed. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

Viggen = abandonware?

I am sad 😔

Would indeed be nice to hear something from Heatblur.
The patch that we got 2 two weeks ago (should have) is still not actually in yet.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Hey everyone, a major Viggen patch is still in the works; some of the major items planned are up on our roadmap if you'd like greater insight into what we're working on. 🙂

@MYSE1234 - it should be in; we just didn't refresh the changelog with what was there for the previous patch. Can you indeed reproduce any issues?

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

11 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

@MYSE1234 - it should be in; we just didn't refresh the changelog with what was there for the previous patch. Can you indeed reproduce any issues?

Thanks for your post here Cobra.

The texture for the KB-switch still has the old FR29 texture, and the AoA probe is still floating in the air. The FLI fix is a bit harder to see if it's changed, but I just assume it hasn't as the other things hasn't been.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

1 hour ago, MYSE1234 said:

Thanks for your post here Cobra.

The texture for the KB-switch still has the old FR29 texture, and the AoA probe is still floating in the air. The FLI fix is a bit harder to see if it's changed, but I just assume it hasn't as the other things hasn't been.

That's very odd and frustrating; I will investigate. Sincere apologies.

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Thx for your reply Cobra 🙂

Could you detail a little more your road map please? I rather think of the addition of hardware fonctionalities ( complete radio panel for ex), not only buttons cosmetics ( which are important too but not as important).

Thx to be "here", i'd like there to be as many dev's activities here as in the F14's section. Thx HB

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Hey everyone, a major Viggen patch is still in the works; some of the major items planned are up on our roadmap if you'd like greater insight into what we're working on. 🙂

Thanks Cobra!

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

23 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Thanks for confirming it's still in the works.  So you're rolling everything, new features, reworks, and bug fixes, into one huge patch?  No smaller bug fixes to roll out a little at a time? 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

9 hours ago, Machalot said:

Thanks for confirming it's still in the works.  So you're rolling everything, new features, reworks, and bug fixes, into one huge patch?  No smaller bug fixes to roll out a little at a time? 

That's typically how Heatblur operates if you look at the past 1-2 years and their patch releases.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

HB said there will be a major update, i am glad about this information but what are the contents of such an update?

In the F14 sub forum, there are detailed contents very often, "here" sometime a bit of information but nothing really detailed...it's disapointing...

The more important is having some information instead of  words like " a major update"

Lets see next update...or again an "empty wednesday"

I am sad cause HB, you are my favs 3RD party and Viggen and the Cat are my favs module, however you don't give the same level of information here as in the F14's section

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 3

On 7/7/2021 at 12:39 PM, Spirale said:

HB said there will be a major update, i am glad about this information but what are the contents of such an update?

In the F14 sub forum, there are detailed contents very often, "here" sometime a bit of information but nothing really detailed...it's disapointing...

The more important is having some information instead of  words like " a major update"

Lets see next update...or again an "empty wednesday"

I am sad cause HB, you are my favs 3RD party and Viggen and the Cat are my favs module, however you don't give the same level of information here as in the F14's section

+1

• Like 1

alpiinoo_signature.png.92e62da0731ec62ed4f4cd1e7f958385-removebg-preview.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2021 at 4:24 AM, Cobra847 said:

Hey guys,

We're burning the midnight oil here at HB currently on many different fronts. There will be a longer update on this quite soon. However, right now- the cutoffs for the March patch are quite wide and we are unlikely to manage to bring the Viggen out of EA before the April update. The Viggen is the top priority at present.

Specifically, there are a lot of big changes being added to the Viggen: A complete PBR overhaul, complete overhaul of the paint kit for usability, various fixes, corrections, exterior sound overhaul and just a boatload of random stuff across the entire module. (Tertiary air hatch, anyone?).  It's unlikely to be everything you want it to be, and we may split it into parts, but out of EA doesn't mean we stop. It just means we consider it feature complete and that we can focus on fixing bugs and polishing down any remaining uglies.

Keep the faith; we're working as hard as we can and the team is pushing hard on this!

Really...i believed so hard what you wrote...

In fact F14 (my fact indeed) brings and will brin more money. Viggen is a niche but Viggen's pilots are passionnate...Again Viggen = abandonware except for eye candy, systems are missing...

4 minutes ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Paint kits? Dynamics painted numbers? PBR exterior overall? Except ground radar where are the "serious" things?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Next major patch is planned for September. From here 

image.png

OK but what about the communication "here" in the Viggen's forum..."A major update"....what a sentence...no detail

What is weird, the main comm about Viggen exists in the F14's forum..paradoxal

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Spirale said:

OK but what about the communication "here" in the Viggen's forum...

You are firing yourself on the foot with your negativity ... the more you bad-mouth the module in the forums, the less people interested in purchasing it, the less resources the developer can devote to it.

On my case, I greatly enjoy the Viggen as is, it has no critical bugs and its missions can be fun and challenging (caveat, I only fly single player ... so any MP shortcomings it may have don't impact my enjoyment).

I wish HB could deliver an AI Draken, for editing more varied missions, but I'm not going to rant about it as I find ranting unproductive.

Regards,

Eduardo.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It's not a question about "bad mouth" i am not ..read above please: i claim to love the Viggen as my fav module.

It's more about communication: HB says nothing here, nothing technical about the " major update"... That's it

At the same time, two HB's dev are answering a lot of questions in the F14 forum...

It's all about communication...

Edited by Spirale

15 minutes ago, Spirale said:

It's not a question about "bad mouth" i am not ..read above please ...

I did .. forgive me, but for me this is just bad-mouthing:

17 minutes ago, Spirale said:

...  every wednesday, i wait, i wait the next patch to discover the treasure... At the same time i see huge changelogs for Mirage , F14, F18 but no major improvments since 2 updates for the "Thunder"...

...Has the Viggen been forgotten? No interest anymore? Is he a victim of the success of the Tomcat?

Another update today, Viggen slot is desesperatly empty.... no"add" ( radio?) no fixe ( FM?)...nothing.....Really it's sad

Viggen = abandonware?

Another Wednesday..Another "empty or nearly empty Wednesday".... For me Viggen= abandonware

Viggen is a niche but Viggen's pilots are passionnate...Again Viggen = abandonware except for eye candy, systems are missing...

... a new user will read that and assume that the Viggen is still missing a lot .. what systems exactly are missing? I flew the Viggen a lot and don't know what Systems are missing ... do the FM needs fixes?  I have not perceived flaws on the FM, which are you reffering to?  .. what is missing on the radios?

You repeat the term abandonware a lot, do you really know what it means?   

Eduardo

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

6 minutes ago, Spirale said:

You read me before? Hmmmmm.... If i say "radio"?? You find your radio beeing complete? I spoke about the radio 2 times

Radar is complete?

Both the Radio and the Radar work for me on my missions but, anyway, I get that you don't really see my point 😧

.. so it is not worth it to keep debating this, you will likely keep complaining without being specific enough, and I will just add you to the ignore list so that I don't get annoyed by your posts.

2 hours ago, Spirale said:

OK but what about the communication "here" in the Viggen's forum..."A major update"....what a sentence...no detail

What is weird, the main comm about Viggen exists in the F14's forum..paradoxal

Sorry, we jump around the forum a lot, and sometimes unrelated questions or information seeps through in various places!

• Like 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

24 minutes ago, Jexmatex said:

some bug from the inside since the last update for me

air intake is invisible

Yes, I confirm. Cleared the fxo & metashaders2 folders and the bug persists. 😧  Will test it a bit more (on other maps), record a track and then post a bug report.

Edit: Saw that it's already reported: 

Edited by Rudel_chw