DCS: Black Shark - Q&A **READ FIRST!**

EvilBivol-1

Will DCS and its Advanced Flight Models include realistic simulation of weather? And more specifically the interaction between machine and nature with regard to things like wake vortex?

Will we feel the bumps as we pass through another aircraft's wake?

Will wake vortex be an issue if you are following a larger aircraft?

Will a crosswind affect the wake of an aircraft on a take-off roll that you have to think carefully about which side of the runway you as the wingnut line up on?

How much of an impact on the engine and its operations will things like OAT have?

Etc etc etc..

Apologies if it's already bee asked!

I think weather simulation is about as advanced as in Lockon Flaming cliffs?

I don't think wakes of other aircraft are simulated?

But I'm not sure..

• Replies 699
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a chance that the NDA will a little bit loosen, so testers could post screens and vids without permission? I thought the features are all in the latest build and nothing will change until release? Can we expect a huge media blowout or do you want to keep something in secret until release?

Just friendly questions.:) (always want to see more from this sim...)

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

• ED Team
Will DCS and its Advanced Flight Models include realistic simulation of weather? And more specifically the interaction between machine and nature with regard to things like wake vortex?

Will we feel the bumps as we pass through another aircraft's wake?

Will wake vortex be an issue if you are following a larger aircraft?

Will a crosswind affect the wake of an aircraft on a take-off roll that you have to think carefully about which side of the runway you as the wingnut line up on?

How much of an impact on the engine and its operations will things like OAT have?

Etc etc etc..

Apologies if it's already bee asked!

Wake vortex did not implemented in BS because of lack of time. The only new thing in athmosphere we managed to pull into BS is new turbulence model. I think it will be a pleasunt surprise especially in multiplayer game because it is true SPATIAL model but not a TIME model. Moreover, it provides spatial correlation (varying with altitude) close to measured real turbulence correlation.

OAT and pressure do affect the engine because the model of engine is true thermodynamics based model controlled by the modelled fuel governor having the same control rules and limits real governor has.

We don't want to stop at this point... )

Edited by Yo-Yo

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team

The snapshot of vector field layer. Stochastic vortexes, enjoy please.

ScreenShot_069.thumb.jpg.1c9939c71c1051af3bddbf108274ae58.jpg

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team

It's an additional vector for a wind vector. Every point has its own vector.

The picture is dynamic of course. It's a snapshot.

• ED Team

Don't mix - there are no wake vortices in BS.

The picture is for wind turbulence only.

The point is that now the turbulence is not a time function for shaking but time-spatial function synchronised for MP.

It's an additional vector for a wind vector. Every point has its own vector.

The picture is dynamic of course. It's a snapshot.

Nice, will we as players be able to enter some kind of debug-mode so we can actually see this in the game? It would be great if we could see the air movement to be able to actively seek out and feel the different turbulence :)

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Don't mix - there are no wake vortices in BS.

The picture is for wind turbulence only.

The point is that now the turbulence is not a time function for shaking but time-spatial function synchronised for MP.

Sounds like you primarily integrated the part of the weather-system, that is most crucial for flying a helicopter at NOE. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Are particles (smoke, vapor trail...) influenced by this velocity field?

Regards!

Not yet. The effects of new generation are planned to support athmosphere. Current generation has no means to do it.

To make the pill sweeter I can say that each element of airframe and rotor blade gets its own wind vector though they are strong correlated at the distances between the elements.

We do not plan to support visualisation like at the screenshot because it is for debugging purposes only.

Edited by Yo-Yo

• ED Team
Sounds like you primarily integrated the part of the weather-system, that is most crucial for flying a helicopter at NOE. ;)

You are right. It was the first step we had time to do. I hope the model will be developed further.

Edited by Yo-Yo