What doesn't work in P-47?

wizav

Water injection system.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

Flying without Prop

You mean, that does work. I have flown several times with no prop, no cowling, and maintained speed, and smooth flight! :megalol::megalol::megalol:

Listed in the bug section.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

I set up a basic 1v1 with usually a German 109 or 190 "easy" for practice and while the longstanding issues of the AI still remain, I noticed what seems to be a unusually high "headshot" percentage.

On any given night of lets say 10 1v1 encounters, 8 will end in the pilot being insta killed.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the Jug, a recent tweak in any number of patches or my imagination.

missing half the K14 gun-site controls.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

I set up a basic 1v1 with usually a German 109 or 190 "easy" for practice and while the longstanding issues of the AI still remain, I noticed what seems to be a unusually high "headshot" percentage.

On any given night of lets say 10 1v1 encounters, 8 will end in the pilot being insta killed.

Don't know if this has anything to do with the Jug, a recent tweak in any number of patches or my imagination.

Hi

I have noticed the same trend also.

With the Jug built like a tank and with good rear protection, and a anecdotal war reputation for bringing the pilot home.

It does seems incongruous to me that the pilot gets “iced”, more times than mechanical damage takes you out of the fight?

I don’t have empirical evidence of this, but it sure seems so.

I would love to hear of others experiences.

Gas generation not modeled properly, looks like turbine is connected to engine rpm only, so turbo will work even when engine is off.

If you run out of gas in flight, it has no impact on turbo rpm,still fully operational.Turbine just don't care.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Hi

I have noticed the same trend also.

With the Jug built like a tank and with good rear protection, and a anecdotal war reputation for bringing the pilot home.

It does seems incongruous to me that the pilot gets “iced”, more times than mechanical damage takes you out of the fight?

I don’t have empirical evidence of this, but it sure seems so.

I would love to hear of others experiences.

Yeah pilot killed 3 times last night

The ridiculously dark cockpit that makes glancing at gauges in combat nearly impossible

No drop tanks

The ridiculous bug where you can't fill your main tank to the max

Oxygen pipe behind the seat leads to nowhere

Edited by Brigg
Forgot stuff

Gas generation not modeled properly, looks like turbine is connected to engine rpm only, so turbo will work even when engine is off.

If you run out of gas in flight, it has no impact on turbo rpm,still fully operational.Turbine just don't care.

Just a thought, and I don't know if this is right or not, but an engine is just an air pump. If the RPM of the prop is still turning the engine over then air will still be forced out of the exhaust and turn the turbo. I'm not saying that is what is happening here, but its an interesting thought.

Cheers.

Yeah pilot killed 3 times last night

I was on the LMDF server last night and saw something like that happen twice and couldn't figure out what happened. Twice a P-47 got bounced and the Gerr killed each 47 with a short burst with no apparent damage to the AC.

Just a thought, and I don't know if this is right or not, but an engine is just an air pump. If the RPM of the prop is still turning the engine over then air will still be forced out of the exhaust and turn the turbo. I'm not saying that is what is happening here, but its an interesting thought.

Cheers.

Not nearly enough to spin loaded turbocharger.

Turbocharger will spin via airflow through compressor and turbine but no way to be able to pump 60" of MP

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team

It is modelled. It seems to me, that debugging thing was not removed before EA. :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

I was on the LMDF server last night and saw something like that happen twice and couldn't figure out what happened. Twice a P-47 got bounced and the Gerr killed each 47 with a short burst with no apparent damage to the AC.

Yeah it might of been me. What would be interesting is if it happens on other servers as I didn't realize till yesterday that LFDM doesn't use IC check