In game ( DED , HUD and MFDs) Brightness.

Walid

hello

i have issue with in game brightness ( DED , HUD , MFDs) some times it is be high and clear to see it with full details ( Screen shoot 1,2,3 ) and some other time it is be hardly clear to see any details ( screenshots 4,5,6) and i notice that in mission editor if i start game form rumble with cold start

the brightness be so high and clear and if i start from hot start or on air the brightness be so low and hard to see any details .any idea how to fix the brightness to be high.

1.thumb.jpg.24478b09bf63269815ee60c28bca3505.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.afe52d779fe26fe0172171c50222826e.jpg

3.thumb.jpg.83f8ce92a6a75ec2637718db01ccaa1b.jpg

4.thumb.jpg.87a1b23affd65979967ace4b1a34d5b9.jpg

5.thumb.jpg.c55914917d39d9b0ef6afe2ac8225355.jpg

6.thumb.jpg.35e03d041e4dd8175e5a2a639c74dd90.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.efcb346dc2aa130903aeef314594055e.jpg

8.thumb.jpg.a8b955640a0ac4bdec847b11f1def176.jpg

The HUD and DED look pretty clear to me in all pictures. As for 4, 5, 6, you're starting hot, at night, so the cockpit lighting is automatically set for night. You can manually increase it. For the MFDs, use their Brightness rocker switch (I think it's the bottom left one).

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I only see that on picture 4 there is a low brightness on MFDs, bottom left button says brt on it, use that :P

And EHSI brightness can be adjusted too, left click the CRS knob and then scroll it to increase brightness.

The rest looks fine.

• 3 years later...
10 minutes ago, VDV said:

Skywalker, pls could you make a pic, i cant find it.

thx

Look in the manual where the internal lighting panel is and you'll find it very easily. Perhaps even a lot quicker than waiting on someone to reply. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, VDV said:

Skywalker, pls could you make a pic, i cant find it.

thx

nullThe knob right in the middile of the picture.

I strongly suggest you to read the manual slowely and carefuly, there is so many things to learn. You can't just keep on coming here and asking for each thing. Use search tool in the pdf viewer for fast searching.

image.png

• Like 2

• ED Team
8 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

nullThe knob right in the middile of the picture.

I strongly suggest you to read the manual slowely and carefuly, there is so many things to learn. You can't just keep on coming here and asking for each thing. Use search tool in the pdf viewer for fast searching.

image.png

The forums are for people to come ask for help, you have done so as well and it's ok and welcome. Thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

skywalker22, thank u but why so rude?

I have 2 kids and I dont have so much free time to fly and learn.... Yes, i am reading the manuals, but i cant read them all and cant remenber all,  thats why im asking here, whats the problem? 

Why i just cant "come here and asking"..... because you say that? Sorry, but i disagree with you.

In the end, thats the one of main reasons of exististing of forums - to keep people discussing and helping each other, isnt it?

Have a nice day!

Edited by VDV
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, VDV said:

I have 2 kids and I dont have so much free time to fly and learn.... Yes, i am reading the manuals, but i cant read them all and cant remenber all,  thats why im asking here, whats the problem? 

Why i just cant "come here and asking"..... because you say that? Sorry, but i disagree with you.

In the end, thats the one of main reasons of exististing of forums - to keep people discussing and helping each other, isnt it?

Have a nice day!

While i agree with NineLine that the forums are there to ask questions and get help, imho Skywalker has a little bit of a point there too: such basic questions like "where is that button?" are easy to answer yourself by opening the manual (or Chucks guide), hitting ctrl+f and typing in the name of the button you look for. And i honestly don't think it was meant to be rude by him, but be more in line with "give a man a fish, and he has food for a day. Teach him how to fish, and he got food for a lifetime". While it is okay to ask it here, it is a good habit to learn how to answer such very basic questions on your own.

If you can not remember (same happens to me) where buttons are, maybe draw the basic cockpit shape on a sheet of paper (really just the outlines) and mark the buttons you often forget. Maybe use different colors for lights, radio, navigation and such. The brain has an easier time remembering if you act things out or write them down by hand. When i learn cold start procedures for example, i click the button in the cockpit and then reach with my hand where that button would be if i sat in the cockpit right now. That wires it in my brain. Learning something abstract like a position of something in a virtual non-existing space is hard for our brains, so maybe try to also have somehing "real" to attach that memory to. Like said a drawing of the cockpit, or even a sticky note on either the left or right side of your monitor - depending on where that button is in the cockpit. Hope that helps!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, VDV said:

Have a nice day!

Sorry if you read that way, it wasn't meant to be rude what so ever. But just what @Schlingel mit Kringel wrote, to learn best is to do something on your own. Anyway, if you want to master F-16 and other stuff here in DCS, you will have to spend lots of hours infront of the pc, if not, you will not get the whole story of it.

Cheer up, and enjoy. And you sure can keep on coming here, we will be all glad to help you out.

• Like 2