Producer's Note #3 - Basic Flight

Kusch

PN3

Hi Smith,

DUAS-V (on Mi-24s:thumbup:, Su-22s, Su-25s, think the same on BS) is two pairs of blades looking like arrowhead on a boom on the nose. Those are airflow direction sensors to the weapon computer: the horizontal pair is for the AoA, the vertical one is for the side-slip sensing. With this info combined with the radio (or baro) altitude and pitch&roll from the gyroscopes, the computer will know the position and angles of the weapon system's axis you're using to aim and calculates the current range of target (the theory is that we know one angle and one side of a rectangular triangle) without a laser rangefinder:). As a result you will see the CCIP on the HUD or the turret will move the gun for the right direction to hit. The computer can also release bombs automatically with this calculating method.

You see it is the technology of 70s with analogue computers but believe it is as precise as a brain surgeon:D

I hope it was simple;) At airshow static displays where we ain't have no dictionaries and questions are the same for hours, we sometimes explain that as a simple ion blaster, phaser gun or so... There must be some refreshing changes, hm?

Bye!

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

Watching the video, it becomes more and more obvious that Black Shark will REQUIRE trackIR to enjoy it...

I cannot imagine trying to do all of these maneuvers while trying to manipulate the view with the hatswitch.

Damn... another item that I need to convince the girlfriend to put on our budget!

Any of the beta testers flying the helicopter without trackIR?

And if you broke DUAS-V is like flying totally blind? Or only affect to the weapons sytems.?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Watching the video, it becomes more and more obvious that Black Shark will REQUIRE trackIR to enjoy it...

I cannot imagine trying to do all of these maneuvers while trying to manipulate the view with the hatswitch.

Damn... another item that I need to convince the girlfriend to put on our budget!

heard of free track...?

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

man! this is starting to look pretty amazing. I can't wait to try out the chopper for myself. The sim-mod team has made radical changes to the game's look as well. However....the only thing in that video that leaves room for improvement is like AIRBASE activvity. Like ppl walking around the hangers, fuel trucks driving around and so on. But good job ED! its cming along.....surely coming along very well. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

heard of free track...?

Thats what I use. This is mine befor I Fine tuned it. Works just fine. Changed my life in gaming :pilotfly:

in FS9

and in ArmA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So50ZhZbZoY

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

I don't have a TrackIR and can fly Black Shark just fine :)

Those who have TrackIR even in Lomac/FC wax lyrical about how effective and wonderful they are, and I suspect the potential immersion factor in Black Shark is even greater thanks to the 6 DOF cockpit . . . . but don't worry, you can fly without one.

What will be virtually impossible, however, is flying without a HOTAS. I have an X45 and that's just about sufficient . . . for deskspace reasons I'm currently using a Logitech twist-stick, and it's almost impossible to fly an effective mission with it. There's just not enough buttons to deal with the flight controls AND the weapons system controls.

And there's only one hatswitch - at which point things do get interesting without a TrackIR.

And accurate yaw controls of some form are vital too. The X45 rocker switch isn't quite accurate enough . . .

• ED Team

I agree with BGP. While it is perfectly possible and enjoyable to fly without TIR (although it makes for a better experience), it is not required. On the other hand, I strongly suggest having some sort of rudder input (not keyboard).

• Like 1

I agree with BGP. While it is perfectly possible and enjoyable to fly without TIR (although it makes for a better experience), it is not required. On the other hand, I strongly suggest having some sort of rudder input (not keyboard).

On that, I only have the Logitech twist stick (extreme 3d pro)...

I have a feeling (like BGP said) that this will not be sufficient either.

Thanks for the answers guys!

wow! looks like I finally need to bother mapping and making a profile for my X-45 when BS comes out. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

PM3

And if you broke DUAS-V is like flying totally blind? Or only affect to the weapons sytems.?

The weapons computer will not work. You need to adjust the HUD moving crosshair manually to hit the target. Of course you must determine the range by your Mk.1 Eyeball rangefinder:). You can also use the fixed crosshair: with proper practice it will be faster. There are aiming angle charts for different weapons, ranges, airspeeds, ground speeds, winds etc.

But with 128-round rocket bursts each in a 4-ship formation aiming probably ain't a factor...

Video

BTW, guys,

are there such a forest area in the BS world to make some rides like this one?

I gonna do it like that somewhere :joystick:. Maybe in a city; buildings can hurt... It'll take some restart needed first times:D

I hope there are such forest areas as seen in the video, 461. That was great flying! :D I think we'd all like to give that a go.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

I've seen that vid before - it's a combination of an extremely agile chopper and an unbelievably talented pilot.

The Bo105 is, if anything, more agile than the Ka50 . . . . it's smaller, lighter, no targeting systems, cannon, armour . . . .

I'm reluctant to fly that way even in Black Shark with a chopper that isn't real!

There are forests with clearings that you can duck in and out of, yes. Flying NOE in the Ka50 can be fantastic fun ;)

. . . it also showcases the Ka50's damage model . . . because you ARE going to crash while practicing. Lots :D

• Like 1

What will be in next Producers Note?

:book:Page 2 in this thread...:music_whistling: :D

Next up... In-flight navigation using HSI, ABRIS, PVI-800 INU, INU update reference points, NDB beacons and HUD navigation symbols.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

I've seen that vid before - it's a combination of an extremely agile chopper and an unbelievably talented pilot.

The Bo105 is, if anything, more agile than the Ka50 . . . . it's smaller, lighter, no targeting systems, cannon, armour . . . .

I'm reluctant to fly that way even in Black Shark with a chopper that isn't real!

There are forests with clearings that you can duck in and out of, yes. Flying NOE in the Ka50 can be fantastic fun ;)

. . . it also showcases the Ka50's damage model . . . because you ARE going to crash while practicing. Lots :D

Pah, crash my arse, not for a least the first 3 months of owning it, it will take me that long to get the startup procedure correct so I can actually spool the engines and take off :joystick::music_whistling::thumbup:

I can't download the video, both FTP servers seem to be offline, and the http link redirects to the front page :(

You could try to dl it from Virtual Jabog 32 server here: http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php?section=downloads&subcat=28&file=861&PHPSESSID=f6dd09c0f947a118700b9fb14d218d15

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Pah, crash my arse, not for a least the first 3 months of owning it, it will take me that long to get the startup procedure correct so I can actually spool the engines and take off :joystick::music_whistling::thumbup:

There will be a semplifyed startup for all none sim nuts :thumbup:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/