Open Mod Manager

sedenion

12 hours ago, skypickle said:

Thank you for making this mod manager as well as your clear introduction here:

I am not the author of the tutorial youtube video.

12 hours ago, skypickle said:

A group I fly with has a github page with liveries here:

https://github.com/JTF13/Liveries

I tried adding it as a network repo but the TEST gives a 404 error. I also tried the https link from the github page

https://github.com/JTF13/Liveries.git

and still get this

[15:08:24]  HTTP GET request: https://github.com/JTF13/Liveries.git/JTF13.xml
[15:08:24]  HTTP GET failed: HTTP_RETURNED_ERROR 404

Open Mod Manager expect specifically formated XML file to interpret repository content, it cannot do anything with a .git repository file.

To create an online repository, you need:

1. Create Package files for each mod/liveries (Tools > Package Editor)
  2. Upload all Packages files in an available online location
  3. Create repository XML file that list all available packages with proper parameters and optional data (Tools > Repository Editor)
  4. Upload the XML file in an available online location

You'll found a quick (and elusive, sorry) tutorial about Repositories in this post with additional/updated information here

I advise you to first learn to create packages, testing them to verify all work fine, then once you'll have a local library with all packages you'll be able to quickly create a repository XML file via automatic generation from library content.

Edited by sedenion

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I would like to have the kneeboard folder inside DCS empty  ( it is full of navigation charts that I do not use). The problem is that I'm not really adding anything new, just deleting content, so  I'm creating a route that leads to an empty section, and that doesn't work.

?Is this possible to do? I hope I explained myself, thanks!

2 hours ago, pabletesoy said:

Hello,

I would like to have the kneeboard folder inside DCS empty  ( it is full of navigation charts that I do not use). The problem is that I'm not really adding anything new, just deleting content, so  I'm creating a route that leads to an empty section, and that doesn't work.

OMM is designed to add new or replace existing files, not to delete existing file.

Edited by sedenion

Hello,
With a little setup and config, this will do what you request.

https://dcskneeboardbuilder.com/

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks MAX, this option  forces me to use knneboardbuilder during the game?
It doesn't need to run when you play. It's works like a mod manager only for kneeboards, you can use it to add new and remove the default kneeboards. That's what you wanted right?

KBB is not being managed very actively. New aircraft are sometime not recognized, and sometime crash KBB if you try to add them. 

You can use OMM to manage kneeboards in '.\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}' folder within Saved Games as its own Software Context. Then just manage your kneeboard content as with mods, adding what you want, removing what you don't want.

But as Sedenion stated, you cannot remove the charts from the kneeboard with OMM. If you really want to, you could delete them from the installation folder, but every update will just install them.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

16 minutes ago, Captain Orso said:

But as Sedenion stated, you cannot remove the charts from the kneeboard with OMM. If you really want to, you could delete them from the installation folder, but every update will just install them.

Yep, that's the first thing I do on every update, i.e. remove all those irritating airfield kneeboard files in Caucasus and Nevada. I really wish ED would dump them and allow users to manually put them in if they want to.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

KBB is not being managed very actively. New aircraft are sometime not recognized, and sometime crash KBB if you try to add them. 
You can use OMM to manage kneeboards in '.\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}' folder within Saved Games as its own Software Context. Then just manage your kneeboard content as with mods, adding what you want, removing what you don't want.
That is true, but it was just updated to support the Apache and the Mirage F1 though.

12 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

That is true, but it was just updated to support the Apache and the Mirage F1 though.

True, but after how long?

AlaskanGrizzly did outstanding work on KBB, of that no one can honestly contend. From his posts since starting the project, all of AG's free time has been taken up by a growing family and challenging career. I personally cannot expect him to keep up with DCS developments under these circumstances, and there are a whole slew of new aircraft on the horizon.

Maybe they will all be accepted by KBB as right from the get-go. Maybe not.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

True, but after how long?
AlaskanGrizzly did outstanding work on KBB, of that no one can honestly contend. From his posts since starting the project, all of AG's free time has been taken up by a growing family and challenging career. I personally cannot expect him to keep up with DCS developments under these circumstances, and there are a whole slew of new aircraft on the horizon.
Maybe they will all be accepted by KBB as right from the get-go. Maybe not.
Fair points, but wasn't one of the updates to the app, that ED had changed something about the structure, so new modules were not "discovered", but that was fixed now? Gotta re-read his last post.
But we're venturing off topic now. My bad.
Cheers!

Just delete it from the folder.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

Giving this another try today.  The only problem that I am having is that at some point the window appears 'off-screen'.  I have a 5120x1440 over a 1920x1080 monitor setup in a T shape.  I think it is getting confused and using coordinates that are off to the left and right of the bottom screen.  Right now it is off to the left.  And when I click on the MM's taskbar button, it slide in from that bottom left towards the center of the top screen, but does not appear at all.

Here is the Users config.xml.  You can see that is far left at 0, but below my top monitor's vertical resolution of 1440.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Open_Mod_Manager_Main>
  <icon_size pixels="16" />
  <legacy_support enable="1" />
  <warn_overlaps enable="0" />
  <warn_extra_inst enable="1" />
  <warn_miss_dpnd enable="1" />
  <warn_extra_unin enable="1" />
  <quiet_batches enable="1" />
  <window left="0" top="1597" right="774" bottom="1937" foot="170" />
  <recent_list>
    <path>K:\Documents\+ My Game MODS\Farthest Frontier\Farthest Frontier.omc</path>
    <path>K:\Documents\+ My Game MODS\DCS OpenBeta.omc</path>
  </recent_list>
  <start_list enable="1">
    <file>K:\Documents\+ My Game MODS\DCS OpenBeta.omc</file>
  </start_list>
</Open_Mod_Manager_Main>

Here is what it saved after I close it via the taskbar button when it was 'invisible'.

<window left="0" top="0" right="505" bottom="340" foot="170" />

I opened it again, and moved it to about  left="3700"  top="300" on the top monitor.      And this is what it saved after I closed it

<window left="0" top="300" right="505" bottom="912" foot="170" />

BTW, what is that 'foot' attribute?

Thanks!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

17 hours ago, Snacko said:

<window left="0" top="0" right="505" bottom="340" foot="170" />

I opened it again, and moved it to about  left="3700"  top="300" on the top monitor.      And this is what it saved after I closed it

Ok.  Long story short, in some case (for exemple when you shutdown computer while the application is minimized in task bar), when the application exit and query the system for its own position, the returned values are inconsistant and buggy. To prevent to save such inconsistant values, I implemented a very (VERY...) rudimentary safety system that check a valid range of value and replace any value outside this range by the "safe" 0 value.

The valid range is 0-2000, so if you placed the window at a X or Y coordinate greater than this value, the invalid X or Y (or both) value will indeed be saved as 0. So, for your specific desktop configuration, "0" is not nessecarly a "safe" value anymore and ineed when you place the window on your bottom screen, the X value is probably saved as 0 while the Y one is properly saved.

I should definitely elaborate a more complex and smarter safety mechanism...

17 hours ago, Snacko said:

BTW, what is that 'foot' attribute?

This is the height of the bottom frame (package image and description) of the application window.

EDIT:

I managed to correct the problem by simplifying things since Windows already have some automatic placement mechanisms. In case of inconsistant values, I let Windows choose itself where to spawn the windows.

You can download fixed version here :
https://github.com/sedenion/OpenModMan/releases/tag/1.0.3

Edited by sedenion
  • Like 1

Great!!  It seems to work perfectly!!  Thank you!!!

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

Where do I actually put the mods? Do I use DCS main folder or DCS saved games folder? manual mods go in the saved game folder.

Do you have created a Software Context ? Please look at this tutorial and tells which step is confusing for you :

41 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Do you have created a Software Context ? Please look at this tutorial and tells which step is confusing for you :

That's what I'm trying. But it doesn't tell me what to do specifically with DCS.

Dcs is in two folders saved games. And dcs world in steam. 

Dcs main is in steam. While mods are in saved games/dcs

i7 13700k @5.2ghz, GTX 3090, 64Gig ram 4800mhz DDR5, M2 drive.

This is how i set mine up, my dcs  main install is in 'f' drive and i put open mod manager in the 'f' drive to.

OMM1.jpg

OMM2.jpg

Hope this helps

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

3 hours ago, Gunfreak said:

That's what I'm trying. But it doesn't tell me what to do specifically with DCS.

Dcs is in two folders saved games. And dcs world in steam. 

Dcs main is in steam. While mods are in saved games/dcs

Open Mod Manager allow you to target both Locations within the same Software Contexts, or to create multiple Software Contexts... in fact, everything is very modulable and customisable, that's probably why you have some troubles. Don't fear to create some dummy Software Context to test and understands how things works.

Notice that, the Software Context main folder can be created anywhere you want and even moved later... it is only a "container" to store configurations, mods, backups etc.

1. -> First create a Software Context, names it "DCS Word" with a Target Location pointing to DCS main installation folder.
  2. -> Once created, select the "DCS Word" Software Context you just created, then you can add a new Target Location pointing to DCS saved games folder.
  3. -> You now can store installable mods in the Library folder of each corresponding Target Location (Main install folder, or Saved game).

Your Software Context folder should appear like this:

• 🗀 DCS World Mods
    • 🗀 Target Main Folder
      • 🗀 Library <- Here you store installable mods
      • 🗀 Backup  <- Backup data stored here
    • 🗀 Target Saved Games
      • 🗀 Library <- Here you store installable mods
      • 🗀 Backup <- Backup data stored here

Edited by sedenion
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping I could ask for some help here with Open Mod Manager.  I used to run OVGME when I lived in the city with hi speed internet and it worked great, no issues.  Then I moved to the country an hour away from the nearest city.  I am running on a cell tower basically.  And when I tried to use OVGME I would partially download the file and then it would fail.  I would restart and it would start over from the beginning again.  I would have to do this many many times to complete and sometimes I just gave up because it was taking way too long to do.  I got a url to the files and downloaded to my pc and had no issue using that method.

Now we are using this new version and I am getting the same issue, partial file error then have to restart from the beginning.  Is there anyway that I can select something to restart from the point the download failed?  Rather than at the beginning?  And is there a way to manually update?  I tried but was unable to see a method.

Thanks for any help

Tracer