ADMIRAL189'S CORNER - INCOMING SHIP MODELS

Go to solution Solved by ivan-ivanov-1902,

I'm very stoked for the additional Royal Navy stuff, between Admiral, Currenthill, and Hawkeye, they're creating little masterpieces for the Maritime freaks amongst us 😄

On 7/16/2023 at 3:47 PM, Admiral189 said:

Am I hearing you right Eddie by saying they're feeding the sailors in port using private companies? That means they're using minimal personnel on the ship in port. That is not heard of here in the US. The cooks work 12 hours a day at sea and they always cook in port. 

Thanks Avoid! 

I got your votes guys. Thanks. Sovremenny 7 - Adams Class 5

I watch Warship TV on Youtube and I can see foreign nations and UK ships enter and exit ports all the time. A site to see. You all should check it out. Also, i'm not promoting this channel. I just like watching it.

Now you know why I was rooting for the Sachen class 😄

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

21 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Currently, I am finishing up the Albion Class LPD with support vessels. Stay tuned!

Digital-Combat-Simulator-Black-Shark-Scr

Awesome - can never have enough amphibious ship assets 👏. Especially, thanks for also doing the accompanying landing craft - very useful for Falklands/ Malvinas War re-creation. Just missing the Fearless-class LPD's (HMS Fearless & Intrepid). Was hoping Razbam were going to add to their South Atlantic assets pack? Maybe can add to the back of your very long list of requests 😀

I think many of us fail to understand that the purchase of said models, is normally at the creators expense, I know I've forked out between $300-500 modding for ArmA3 and DCS on various assets, most of these ships are about $75-150 a piece, it's by no means cheap.

I try to buy during flash sales because I'm a cheap - ass - charlie 😄

Unless the creator receives sufficient donations, then a lot of requests will remain simple requests .

@Toan, there's a fairly nice model here, but it needs a lot of TLC, things like the Harpoon launchers are Billy basic, and look <profanity>e 😄

https://3dexport.com/3dmodel-french-aaw-frigate-forbin-266047.htm

• Like 5

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

7 hours ago, toan said:

Thanks Oban ! 👍 I believe Admiral has a good Exocet launcher and missile, which he used for his superb Aquitaine frigate. 😉

That he does indeed !

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

On 7/2/2023 at 9:39 AM, Admiral189 said:

Good Morning All. Thanks for the kind words. It shows your human. I hope you all are doing well. 

Unfortunately, I'm still down but recovering slowly. Trying to regain my strength. Whatever I caught doesn't want to let go. Right now I'm out of sync with modeling ships. It's been really difficult to concentrate with this cold lingering over me. However, I have managed to work on a couple of mods. HMS Albion, HMS Bulwark, and the new UK TYPE 31 Frigate HMS Arrowhead. I think we can soon close out all the UK Ships. These mods have been sitting for close to a year along with many many more models. 

The USS Lewis Puller is complete. I just need to add the additional 3 liveries. I didn't know there were 5 vessels in her class. 

One key thing about modeling ships, aircraft, and military vehicles. If you're not focused on modeling. You will soon get distracted and move on to something else. That's exactly what happened in this case. Either way. I'm trying to get back into it!!

You all take care. Stay Healthy!!

What ever happened with the merlin?  The link

has been deleted

On 7/14/2023 at 9:40 AM, Admiral189 said:

Hello Jbhbhb, The Akizuki and Atago Classes are in DCS already. They're a WIP. I'm sure there's no model of project 23560 Lider out yet. 

So the mods that were chosen the most were the Adams Class Destroyer and the sovremenny-class destroyer. There's a tie between the two. I will give a deadline of Sunday, July 16th for the tie to be broken. Thank you all for your patience!

https://postimg.cc/bZgsV0SW/167bea16

Those are WWII destroyers aren't they?  The modern ships have not been done for DCS yet I believe.  

Hi Crud, the Adams class destroyers were in service during the cold war period, in the 60-70's, and the Sovremenny during the 80's.... 😉 Concerning the "modern ships", there are great Mods for the T45, Aquitaine, Gorshkov ships, etc.   Enjoy ! 😀

Hey Toan, I haven't forgotten the Forbin. 

Right now I'm working to finish the HMS Albion with support craft. I will release them sometime this week. I have been working behind the scenes trying to finish the USS Fitzgerald as well. Sovremenny Class Destroyer will probably be released before the USS Fitzgerald. Sovremenny is next in line. 

Pepin1234 I haven't forgotten the Tarantul Corvette.

As a reminder to you all. I can only create the AI Ship mods when I'm able to please have some patience. Thanks.

Snapshot of the day. Three Arleighs working together in DCS. Sejong the Great will be the next Arleigh Burke Class Destroyer added to DCS.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5

Hey Guys. I'm pushing the limits of DCS to see what it can handle.  Currently, the Allure of the Seas AI Cruise Ship mod file size is close to 200 kb. Runs fine on my PC but it may or may not cause issues for you all. Just giving you all a heads-up. I have toned down the lights as they were too bright.

Screenshot-07-27-2023-19-35-14.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Hey Guys. I'm pushing the limits of DCS to see what it can handle.  Currently, the Allure of the Seas AI Cruise Ship mod file size is close to 200 kb. Runs fine on my PC but it may or may not cause issues for you all. Just giving you all a heads-up. I have toned down the lights as they were too bright.

OMG 😍 Looks gorgeous 👍 PartyTime :cheer3nc::punk:

Edited by NRG-Vampire
  • Like 2

sign-pic4.jpg

Good Afternoon Everyone. 

I have released the Cruise Ship Allure of the Seas and the LNG Ships Pack.

There are two versions of the Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship. One version has dimmed lighting. It can be located in the ATSs Mod Shapes folder.  

The Commercial Mods can be located here: Admiral189 DCS World Mods

The Allure of the Seas is an Oasis-class cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. As of 2018, the Oasis class ships were the largest passenger vessels ever in service, and Allure is 50 millimeters longer than her sister ship Oasis of the Seas, though both were built to the same specifications.

Mozah is a Q-Max LNG carrier operated by Qatargas II. The vessel was built in 2008 by Samsung Heavy Industries and is tied with her sister ships for the largest LNG carrier in the world. The vessel is part of a contract for 14 same-size ships with maximum particulars to berth at Ras Laffan terminal in Qatar.

The LNG Ship below is a generic Liquid Natural Gas Ship

Edited by Admiral189
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Admiral189 said:

Some of you probably have pretty good Helicopter flying skills. I would love to see if one of you can do what this USCG MH-65 Dolphin is doing. Hovering just fwd of the Allure of the Seas while the ship is in motion.

Here is my try @Admiral189  Thanks as always for the great mods.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Some of you probably have pretty good Helicopter flying skills. I would love to see if one of you can do what this USCG MH-65 Dolphin is doing. Hovering just fwd of the Allure of the Seas while the ship is in motion.

I'm up for the challenge, but I'm not very invested into the Mission Editor, totally n00b!

What nationality do I find this ship under?

Cheers!

EDIT: Never mind. Was gonna have some fun, and I guess it doesn't like Echo Bay. 😁

Edited by MAXsenna

14 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Good Afternoon Everyone. 

I have released the Cruise Ship Allure of the Seas and the LNG Ships Pack.

There are two versions of the Allure of the Seas Cruise Ship. One version has dimmed lighting. It can be located in the ATSs Mod Shapes folder.  

The Commercial Mods can be located here: Admiral189 DCS World Mods

The Allure of the Seas is an Oasis-class cruise ship owned and operated by Royal Caribbean International. As of 2018, the Oasis class ships were the largest passenger vessels ever in service, and Allure is 50 millimeters longer than her sister ship Oasis of the Seas, though both were built to the same specifications.

Mozah is a Q-Max LNG carrier operated by Qatargas II. The vessel was built in 2008 by Samsung Heavy Industries and is tied with her sister ships for the largest LNG carrier in the world. The vessel is part of a contract for 14 same-size ships with maximum particulars to berth at Ras Laffan terminal in Qatar.

The LNG Ship below is a generic Liquid Natural Gas Ship

Hi Admiral, this is brilliant.  I have used some unused DDS files in the Allure Of The Seas mod to make an Oasis Of The Seas livery.  I've also fixed the markings on the liferafts for Allure Of The Seas to reflect the correct callsign.  

On another note, I'd like to bring up a few items about the Constellation-class frigate.  I've been working on making the name markings on the stern more legible and fixing the misalignment of the hull numbers.  Also, about a month ago, they named the 4th ship of the class USS Lafayette so I hope to send you a livery of that soon.  Lastly, I believe that the Naval Strike Missile's orientation is incorrect.  Purportedly, the missile is supposed to roll 180 degrees after leaving the launch tube and travel toward the target with the engine inlet facing the water, not the sky.  I believe I learned this from Currenthill.  

Thanks once again for your contributions to the DCS modding scene.  

• Like 1

Thanks, HighMaintenance. 

That's great. Can you send me your Allure of the Seas update textures? Thanks.

Regarding the Constellation missile flight, we don't have the control to make them turn but we can make them launch higher or lower when leaving the launchers. DCS Game engine controls all the missiles. As a note. We just animate and code the missiles, ships, guns, and so forth. The Game Engine does the rest.  Now I can make another constellation livery. 

I currently have some DCS Ghost on my PC because my files keep getting corrupted for some reason and I have to start over. So I only add a few mods to DCS at the moment mainly for testing.

Thank you all for your interest in the DCS AI Ship mods. 

• Like 10

Hello all, The Admiral was kind enough to allow me to play around with some updates to his USS America LHA-6 MOD. I've expanded the Mod to include all 4 of the planned ships, updated the sensors/weapons to current standards, I think,🤔 and created 3 different spawn layouts for the deck. Standard, Sea Control and Air Assault. While meant for Ai play players can spawn and takeoff from the deck. My attempts at landing did not end well and I've not even tried a vertical landing but it should work. Ai landings work to a point but are still a wip. If you would like to help in some of the final testing please PM me. Any brave Harrier pilots that can confirm player landing are possible and that I'm just a really poor pilot would be helpful. 

Any many thanks to the Admiral for all the great ships  👍

Screen_230801_022130.jpg

Screen_230801_022223.jpg

Screen_230801_022152.jpg

Screen_230801_022245.jpg

Screen_230801_022300.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks, Beldin,

Everyone, Beldin has put in a lot of hours updating and editing the America layouts. He has done a really great job with the landing spots. Please PM him if you would like to test it and give him some feedback. Thanks. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Admiral189 said:

Thanks, Beldin,

Everyone, Beldin has put in a lot of hours updating and editing the America layouts. He has done a really great job with the landing spots. Please PM him if you would like to test it and give him some feedback. Thanks. 

Admiral, are we going to see the new USS America Class Ships? They look amazing!!

Timex 3