Still alive ?

Shrike88

My personal opinion: With their behavior so far, Razbam have disqualified themselves. Also in terms of the quality of their modules. For me it's simple: I won't buy anything from them in the future either. This is the only way we consumers can do something / defend ourselves when everything else no longer works.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

My personal Opinion after watching this for near 2 Years now:

I'll buy every module from Razbam.

When they are out of EA and Bugfree.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB DDR4-3600 MHz, Gigabyte Aorus Pro-P B550M, Zotac RTX 3090, Varjo Aero

Source link?

If that were the case it would be very serious and ED should consider withdrawing the license from RazBam.

Pls don't come up with the excuse again: "but you can't buy an EA module"

It is a question of seriousness and professionalism.

First paragraph of the interview and I think ED doesn't care.

But nothing was said about a not clear timeline in that interview. The timeline is following: Only 4 OB updates left and the AV8B should be finished. That was the promise from end 2019 iirc...

Edited by Cornelius

First paragraph of the interview. But I think ED doesn't care.

I don't get why it is hard for everyone here to accept that this is how it is and move on and enjoy what you have atm and enjoy it more when they add some new features. RB is not any better than ED themselves when it comes to communication with the community. The Hornet and Viper are in the exact same boat yet those pilot have been able to accept and move on, time you all should too!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't get why it is hard for everyone here to accept that this is how it is and move on and enjoy what you have atm and enjoy it more when they add some new features. RB is not any better than ED themselves when it comes to communication with the community. The Hornet and Viper are in the exact same boat yet those pilot have been able to accept and move on, time you all should too!

Because it is complete anarchy.

It would be enough to be clear.

Selling something carries responsibilities towards buyers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Panavia Tornado GR4 is a real need for DCS

I listened to the above podcast.

I believe the concepts expressed have been misinterpreted.

Mirage and Harrier are not considered test projects for the RazBam team, but these modules are derived from training tools for the military.

Moreover it doesn't seem to me to have been told that they don't want to finish the modules, but that it's a matter of "continuous integration" with respect to the source code produced by ED, which as we all know is constantly evolving.

These are completely different concepts.

Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So the transcript is wrong? (Can't understand a single sentence in that interview)

"The Mirage and the Harrier are considered as a training project for the team. These modules allow them to master the development tools in the DCS environment. The MiG-19 is their first aircraft that was developped without this mind set."

RB is not any better than ED themselves when it comes to communication with the community. The Hornet and Viper are in the exact same boat

You intended to say ED is not any better? Also regarding the rest:I strongly disagree.

Edited by Cornelius

So the transcript is wrong? (Can't understand a single sentence in that interview)

"The Mirage and the Harrier are considered as a training project for the team. These modules allow them to master the development tools in the DCS environment. The MiG-19 is their first aircraft that was developped without this mind set."

You intended to say ED is not any better? Also regarding the rest:I strongly disagree.

That was a summary. If it was word for word it would be very long

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

It is true that RazBam is lacking on many points (especially on transparency about planning where chaos reigns), but to misrepresent their statements and then accuse them of things they have never declared seems to me very incorrect.

That was a summary. If it was word for word it would be very long

It seems to me a (very personal) interpretation of the writer.

Listening to Zambrano's words the concepts are totally different.

Harrier and Mirage were born as military trainers, then "converted" into the DCS world.

The Mig-19 was born only for DCS (so it was born "only for gaming").

They also never said they didn't want to finish these modules.

The concept is: they can complete tomorrow as well, but with workarounds that don't follow the stream of source code published by ED.

So it would last a few days and then everything would break.

Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It is true that RazBam is lacking on many points (especially on transparency about planning where chaos reigns), but to misrepresent their statements and then accuse them of things they have never declared seems to me very incorrect.

Yes, misinterpretation is incorrect. Misinterpretation: failure to understand or interpret something correctly.

But nobody did that on purpose. Especially not tugais who wrote that summary on the whole interview, who is more from the "razbam-fanboy" side, as he made all this good publicity for free. I can't check it either, so for me it's a "he said - she said". His version makes more sense for me, if you look at the past and present situation.

Regarding the timeline:

But nothing was said about a not clear timeline in that interview. The timeline is following: Only 4 OB updates left and the AV8B should be finished. That was the promise from end 2019 iirc...

Merry Christmas fellow Simmers.

[...]

Last year we made a promise to complete our modules, this is STILL our top priory moving into Q1.

[...]

These aircraft are still being worked on and will continue to be our focus moving into 2020, the all new bug tracker now shows you what we are working on, the state of testing and when the will be released to Open Beta.

So, what are we looking forward to next year?

In 2020 we aim to have all our modules finished with all new Sounds packs for the Mirage and Harrier[...]

Edited by Cornelius

So it would last a few days and then everything would break.

I somehow doubt fixing all the cockpit knob axis bugs and button binding bugs and label bugs and buttons doing the WRONG THING bugs that are ALL OVER the AV8B cockpit would suddenly stop working after ED released a patch.

Let's not pretend that there aren't things they could be working or showing progress on for these modules that would in no way be impacted by changes made to the DCS engine by ED.

The AV8B is the definition of minimum viable product. Everything mostly works enough to get it out the door but beyond that you're on your own. There's no polish or attention to any detail to it at all.

So, what are we looking forward to next year?

In 2020 we aim to have all our modules finished with all new Sounds packs for the Mirage and Harrier[...]

I give them slack with the 2020 schedule (regardless of Covid etc) but I can not give any slack about finishing Harrier. No, I don't care so much for Mirage as I know it is already in great condition. But Harrier is lacking so much features and capabilities, and has major core functions broken that it needs priority.

They promised not to release any other module before completing these others (M2K, AV-8B, MiG-19P) and that I hold as well them accountable. No F-15E or MiG-23MLA before those are ready.

And MiG-23MLA is my favorite aircraft of all.... Cant wait to fly it, so anybody should understand how much I want to do so, and regardless that I am ready to push it further in time to see first those three completed.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

I think it doesn't matter was it a testing as first module or not, the key is that they did great job eventually with Mirage. The France air force suggested improvements and they got them.... Job well done!

The main problem is that RazBam simply is terrible in community communications. No much anything, no info about bugs or what they are doing etc. So community gets rumors, fear, negative posts and such and wagon is loose and ready to dive in a pit....

They use to make videos about their progression, until few whined all about it, and thus stopped doing them to us. If there is any information from developers, it must be first in this forum and pinned to top. So anyone can find and check it. They didn't do that.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

They use to make videos about their progression, until few whined all about it, and thus stopped doing them to us. .

I think this is a big problem, lot of people here in this thread and on the forums are doing exactly this (you know who you are), which is very unmotivating to read as a dev. Yes RB should do better at communications but then still people here don't need to whine every day about how terrible they thinks something is...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I believe that RazBam should first of all share an updated roadmap with us as soon as possible. First of all for the Harrier, which is the oldest module and with several things to fix / complete.

None of us would feel "betrayed" if we were told that to complete the Harrier we'll have to wait until q2 of 2021, for example. The concept is that transparency is more important than a rescheduled deadline.

Certainly it is not even conceivable to keep moving deadlines every time.

But if it happens, let them tell us clearly and explain the reasons.

Again: transparency!

Imho a positive thing must be considered: if the Harrier will be subject to the same validation process as the Mirage, involving real pilots and armed forces, the module must necessarily be made more stable and almost 100% complete.

It would also be wise for RazBam to reply to us here directly in the thread to expose their point of view.

Bye

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Razbam shared roadmaps hundred times, promised hundred times dates and promised hundred times that they are working "full steam and everything will be finished soon".

Everytime they were not able to fulfill anything they said, so another roadmap will help exactley nothing.

There has been way too much talk over the years and zero to none walk.

The only thing that could help to get their reputation back, would be to do all that promised things.

So as I said before, just forget about Razbam. I was really upset about how they treat their customers and especially the Harrier. You alone and we all can't change anything. We can only vote with our wallet. So I'm not spending anymore time on Razbam and they will never see a cent from me again.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Just be advised guys Razbam do not like constructive criticism or questioning their resource base ability to sustain and resolve the issues with this module.

I have mentioned a few of the long running bugs and new ones recently on their discord, to alert them and ask as they largely ignore these forums. We've had the owner of Razbam state that he doesn't like to post on here because he cannot control the comments/contents hence why everything goes on their Facebook these days (than in itself should ring alarm bells).

Long story short i longed onto my discord over the weekend and noticed that the Razbam symbol had disappeared, tried to rejoin and said i was banned! What a disgrace, no message, no nothing from them just removed like my opinions and genuine bugs ive reported over the years don't matter. i'm glad i live in a country that allows free speech, clearly Razbam do not want this or equally welcome customer feedback.

The more Razbam try and silence their genuine, and long standing customers, who equally have been around this genre for nearly 30 years the more they are going to fail as a business.

Appalling behaviour - ED need to really start holding this third party dev to account for their quite shocking disregard to genuine issues and zero customer relations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Just be advised guys Razbam do not like constructive criticism or questioning their resource base ability to sustain and resolve the issues with this module.

I have mentioned a few of the long running bugs and new ones recently on their discord, to alert them and ask as they largely ignore these forums. We've had the owner of Razbam state that he doesn't like to post on here because he cannot control the comments/contents hence why everything goes on their Facebook these days (than in itself should ring alarm bells).

Long story short i longed onto my discord over the weekend and noticed that the Razbam symbol had disappeared, tried to rejoin and said i was banned! What a disgrace, no message, no nothing from them just removed like my opinions and genuine bugs ive reported over the years don't matter. i'm glad i live in a country that allows free speech, clearly Razbam do not want this or equally welcome customer feedback.

The more Razbam try and silence their genuine, and long standing customers, who equally have been around this genre for nearly 30 years the more they are going to fail as a business.

Appalling behaviour - ED need to really start holding this third party dev to account for their quite shocking disregard to genuine issues and zero customer relations.

That’s what happens when you constantly nag and nag and nag. You should have more patience. yes it’s been out for a while.... Whatever.... ED modules go through the same process, maybe this Sim’s EA structure isn’t right for you..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That’s what happens when you constantly nag and nag and nag. You should have more patience. yes it’s been out for a while.... Whatever.... ED modules go through the same process, maybe this Sim’s EA structure isn’t right for you..

Clearly by the way you are trolling after i leave a post on this and other issues you are in some way either affiliated with Razbam or are some fan of theirs. Let's keep things in perspective this is not nagging, far from it, i have patience however this does not excuse the fact that Razbam do not engage with customer feedback - look at the community bug tracker and then come back to me on each point!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

PS you may also want to read through some other users comments here, your clearly not aware of the history or have enough hours in the Harrier in competitive mulitplayer pvp to understand the issues. Its a great module superficially but it really depends on your skill set and knowledge as to how its shortcomings are a plenty.

The primary issue however is the lack of Razbam to engage with their customers and reply when genuine issues are raised. They would just rather silence them. Time here is not the issue, the communication is.

DCS & BMS

PS you may also want to read through some other users comments here, your clearly not aware of the history or have enough hours in the Harrier in competitive mulitplayer pvp to understand the issues. Its a great module superficially but it really depends on your skill set and knowledge as to how its shortcomings are a plenty.

The primary issue however is the lack of Razbam to engage with their customers and reply when genuine issues are raised. They would just rather silence them. Time here is not the issue, the communication is.

Using "competitive multiplayer" as a point for your argument isn't really a valid one in DCS. This game isn't balanced for the multiplayer experience as the jets are supposed to be modeled as close to the IRL counterpart as they can make them. Whether or not that makes them good or bad online is irrelevant.

No need for any personal discussion, its quite simple:

• The Harrier misses A LOT of its functionality.
  • Nearly nothing can't be done according NATOPS, because A LOT of the systems are working wrong, not correct, are missing something or are bugged.
  • Overall, there are a lot of bugs since years, many of them are not even aknowledged by Razbam.
  • They went silent on the official Forum because they can't control the comments.
  • If you bring up any of the shortcommings on their Discord, you get kicked and banned.
  • Roadmaps are brought and then forgotten.
  • Promises are made and then broken.
  • Razbam modules are far away from the quality all other modules have in DCS.

That are facts and no personal opinions.

So this have nothing to do with EA. EA is fine, but Razbam is abuseing it and uses that term as apology for their own shortcommings. That probably works for a year or two, but not forever.

Especially when the announce one new module after the other while there three modules out are still missing a lot of things.

There is one thing Razbam did not realized: We paid already 100%, they are in charge to deliver the yet missing percent.

Threads about ranting at Razbam appear here every two to three months. Nothing new:

Is RAZBAM or ED reading this section or the Bugs section?

Time to start putting disclaimers on?

How finished is Harrier? The reason was that there were many features that were not a

Any concern over Harrier development?

Is this a dead module?

why^2?

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I certainly don't want to get mixed into personal discussions, but in defense of Hawkeye_UK, Razbam's AV-8B module is not in EA anymore.

In my book, that would mean that the module is completely finished (apart from occasionally having to fix some small stuff that inevitably gets broken due to conflicts with new updates from ED). Maybe they went out of EA too soon, but at the moment the AV-8B just isn't complete. I know this because I visit this forum, but someone new could decide to purchase the AV-8B because it is stated as finished module on ED's E-shop.

Also no EA mentioned in the main DCS menu screen

2020_09_01_09_45_36_Digital_Combat_Simulator.thumb.jpg.6c721b437581dbfb8e3e18316953971d.jpg

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH