[REPORTED] Cannot load DSMS with new weapons

csatlos

Anyone else having issues loading DSMS after re-arming with new AGM-65L or APKWS munitions?

Doesn't matter how many times I try LOAD ALL or LOAD DSMS, the DSMS page still has several red pylons. I'm also unable to manually set the red stations to the correct APKWS munition through the INV page.

Anyone else having issues loading DSMS after re-arming with new AGM-65L or APKWS munitions?

Doesn't matter how many times I try LOAD ALL or LOAD DSMS, the DSMS page still has several red pylons. I'm also unable to manually set the red stations to the correct APKWS munition through the INV page.

Negative, have had a successful load of the DSMS after selecting the new weapons - from initial request from the ground crew, to rearming requests of same or different weapon types during a single session with multiple sorties.

It wasn't required when I performed initial and following rearms - but did you try clearing the weapon profiles from the profile page in the DSMS, and then try reloading the DSMS (or load ALL)?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yeah, no issue here, if you can save a short track showing what's going on we can check it out, but right now I am not seeing it.

Thank you for the info. Based on your comment, I tried removing both A-10C and A-10C II modules, reinstalling them, and then doing a full (slow) repair. It now seems to work on some servers but not all. Perhaps the issue is related to the mission design?

Attached is a.trk file from a server where the DSMS reload did not work properly after doing a re-arm with ground crew and showing the GBU-54 missing as an option from INV page.

multi-nevada-day Gepard Valley v2.42-20201001-064252.trk

1127037077_1-AfterGndCrewReload.thumb.png.f77ffb8779cee3b9efcf3ec3dc359eaf.png

664952202_2-PerformingLOADALL.thumb.png.33c50f22ea8f94f4bdb1c8bef7e9bb7d.png

1353393992_3-LOADALLcompletestillred.thumb.png.2b485e867bb36581379054efbc4b549f.png

249346263_4-GBU-54notfoundonINVpage.thumb.png.039c941c4a71b075951d4417e27a4bbe.png

• ED Team
Thank you for the info. Based on your comment, I tried removing both A-10C and A-10C II modules, reinstalling them, and then doing a full (slow) repair. It now seems to work on some servers but not all. Perhaps the issue is related to the mission design?

Attached is a.trk file from a server where the DSMS reload did not work properly after doing a re-arm with ground crew and showing the GBU-54 missing as an option from INV page.

Hi

I can only reproduce in your mission, is there modified loadouts or files of any sort?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

This has been a problem for ages.

When the "Prepare Mission" function is used from the Mission Editor (*), a bunch of additional folders appear in the mission file (and consecutively in the track file), like "CDU", "DSMS", "IFFCC" and some more.

With this "DSMS" folder present in a mission file, reloading the DSMS with anything other than the initial loadout always results in this type of error.

Within a mission, there's nothing you can do about it.

As a mission designer, make sure that mission files don't include the "DSMS" folder. As a user, if you can access the mission file (in Singleplayer), you can open it with any tool that can open Zip files, remove the DSMS folder, save it, and afterwards you're good to load whatever weapons you please. ;)

(*) There's at least one case where this happened in a mission from Baltic Dragon during testing; when he said he didn't use "Prepare Mission", I trust that he didn't. But I've never figured out what other action would cause the DSMS folder (and others) to be saved into a mission file.

This has been a problem for ages.

When the "Prepare Mission" function is used from the Mission Editor (*), a bunch of additional folders appear in the mission file (and consecutively in the track file), like "CDU", "DSMS", "IFFCC" and some more.

With this "DSMS" folder present in a mission file, reloading the DSMS with anything other than the initial loadout always results in this type of error.

Within a mission, there's nothing you can do about it.

As a mission designer, make sure that mission files don't include the "DSMS" folder. As a user, if you can access the mission file (in Singleplayer), you can open it with any tool that can open Zip files, remove the DSMS folder, save it, and afterwards you're good to load whatever weapons you please. ;)

Amazing. This totally was the issue. I opened the mission file with 7-Zip and deleted all the "settigns" folders like DSMS, TAD, TGP, SADL, etc. Reloaded it on a server and now it works like a charm. Thank you very much Yurgon.

Hi

I can only reproduce in your mission, is there modified loadouts or files of any sort?

thanks

Thanks BIGNEWY for looking at this. I suppose this is still a bug (???) and not intended functionality but does not appear related to A-10C II.

• ED Team

Reproduce and reported

mission planner / prepare mission issue

thank you

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

DSMS Faulty in Mission Editor

Hello, i spotted this problem in the A-10C 2 aswell as the legacy version.

Upon loading the mission editor and placing either A-10 and starting to fly, my DSMS page ALWAYS shows something in red and in general, the loadout is wrong.

I already tried:

1. Re-Loading the DSMS
  2. Trying to laod the station via the INV menu

Sometimes e.g. with the new laser-guided rockets, i don't even have the option for "rockets" in the INV page neither. This really is game-breaking for me. Making a new mission or replacing the plane within the misison doesnt help.

As you can see in the attachement, on station 2 there should be nothing (yet it's red) and the other two red station should be both LG-Rockets

And when i load an entirely empty plane it shows the previous loadout all in red???

91623452_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_10.02-19_12_22_69.thumb.png.00c18c84f0a723aadfb7f7e8061e1e0f.png

2062133740_DigitalCombatSimulatorBlackSharkScreenshot2020_10.02-19_21_43_83.thumb.png.423e29d119cf65c07c26c7b5f553cb5e.png

Take a look at this thread, in particular post #9 This worked for me as I was having a similar issue to you.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=287604

System:

I9 9900KS 5.0GHz : 2080Ti : MSI Z390 GODLike : 32Gb Vengance 4000MHz DDR4 : Samsung 970 1TB Evo Plus, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB : ViewSonic 4K 32"

Windows 10 : HOTAS - Warthog : TPR Pedals : HP Reverb Pro