Early Battle of Britain birds?

aldox

i just saw an interview that Nick Grey did and he said that after the mosquito Ed is intrested in a Battle of Britain scenario and since we already have the map all we need is some early spits or even hurricanes and emil bf109, is there any info on this floating around the forum?

Edited by aldox

At this time we have yet to hear anything other than that interview.

Personally speaking I would like to see the Normandy/1944 West Front populated with further Aircraft even if they were AI before we move onto another campaign.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

We need planes for Channel map but I haven't heard anything new. Mosquito FB Mk.VI had first fly in 1942.

Edited by Lucidus

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

Would love it, but as a VR user, a combination of VR and large formations of German bombers over the channel map, the sims going to chug like hell, we need better optimisation of VR with large numbers of assets to be useful for VR, can’t speak for non VR performance. So I’m hoping all focus can be put into implementation of Vulkan and hopefully better performance utilising hardware next, then go for these fantastic scenarios, because a Battle of Britain scenario would be wonderful, there’s something so pure and beautiful about the MkI spit, and also the Hurricane, not the best aircraft but none the less highly effective in the scenario, it would be a dream for me, but there’s lots of work for them still to do to be able to offer this effectively in DCS.

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

i am sooo tired of BoB... i would much rather see something new .... North Africa/Mediterratian/Pacific Islands... the channel and bob are just beaten to death IMO

• Like 2

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

At this time we have yet to hear anything other than that interview.

Personally speaking I would like to see the Normandy/1944 West Front populated with further Aircraft even if they were AI before we move onto another campaign.

This.

They haven't finished delivering the kickstarter aircraft yet, not even in early access.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

i am sooo tired of BoB... i would much rather see something new .... North Africa/Mediterratian/Pacific Islands... the channel and bob are just beaten to death IMO
Good!! That's more for the rest of us :lol: .

We've never, ever, seen any BoB properly done, and DCS platform would be perfect for that. When it's there don't buy it, but I want a full BoB scenario with Spits I, Hurricanes, and Emils done properly and I believe I'm not the only one willing to see it.

S!

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

They haven't finished delivering the kickstarter aircraft yet, not even in early access.
Only the 262 is remaining now and we got more aircraft than planned in the way. I don't get what's wrong with you spreading those stupid messages like a politician in campaign.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

Good!! That's more for the rest of us :lol: .

We've never, ever, seen any BoB properly done, and DCS platform would be perfect for that. When it's there don't buy it, but I want a full BoB scenario with Spits I, Hurricanes, and Emils done properly and I believe I'm not the only one willing to see it.

S!

maybe you are right... I am just having trouble envisioning what BoB done properly would look like enough to get me excited about it. I just *feel* like i have flown over the channel so many times in different sims. If I understood what a DCS BoB would offer different I might get super jazzed for it too. I am curious though.. What would a properly implemented BoB look like for you? Are we talking a dynamic timeline across the blockade/SeaLion/Blitz? Or is it sandbox channel battles with a full BoB plane set?

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

maybe you are right... I am just having trouble envisioning what BoB done properly would look like enough to get me excited about it. I just *feel* like i have flown over the channel so many times in different sims. If I understood what a DCS BoB would offer different I might get super jazzed for it too. I am curious though.. What would a properly implemented BoB look like for you? Are we talking a dynamic timeline across the blockade/SeaLion/Blitz? Or is it sandbox channel battles with a full BoB plane set?
If you know what DCS: WWII offers differently than any other prop sims before there is your answer. If you don't know maybe you're right and it's not for you, but let the rest of us dream about it some day :smilewink:.

Now you say, I feel different. It's not like I haven't flown there ever, but being so arcade compared to DCS my feel is like I've never really flown any of the aircraft, maybe Spit IX in DCS being the only, and at a distance (Mk.I to IX distance), giving us some taste of it. I mean, yeah I've kinda flown (not recently, TBH) some of that but without really "flying" at all, no engine management, not real feeling of the aircraft, no nothing despite the stories we all have read about Spitfire quirks, Emil handling trickiness or Hurricane real advantages and disadvantages over German fighters. All of that is DCS or nothing since we can already see what it is to really fly one of these thoroughbreds and not the arcadish games we had in the old times.

S!

i'll give you that... No previous BoB ever came close to the immersion of our handling and click-pits. I was thinking more along the lines of scenarios... forgetting that what makes DCS different is very much the planes themselves.

S!

• Like 1

I'd like to see BOB, Then a switch to extend into Germany (would only take a few AI - B-24, B-26, B-25, Lancaster, Maybe a Halifax) and 3 night fighters- Mosquito,P-61, Bf-110 and a few new day fighters - P-38, 410, 163.

At the same time Pacific can be continued as it is being done now.

I think modders are filling in a bit too for Normandy - Typhoon and Meteor off the top of my head.

Some aircraft will be usable in more than one theater as well. Maybe not the correct version but we are used to that.

• ED Team
Only the 262 is remaining now and we got more aircraft than planned in the way. I don't get what's wrong with you spreading those stupid messages like a politician in campaign.

S!

First part good, second part, not so good, please be nice to each other, thanks!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

:lol::lol: I feel you pain mate, sorry for saying something that had to be said. Blame me for it, and a bit on the new forum.

S!

Ala13_ManOWar. Well said. As a big time fan of world war II aviation sims.... I could say I flown the other Sims that I've done Battle of Britain and I think a DCS version will be amazing...... I honestly would like anything world war II in DCS minus the 262 ... It's not to say I don't want the 262. I would just rather it come way after a whole bunch of other aircraft. That's just my opinion.

I can't wait to fly any of the BoB classics in DCS level. Hurricane of course since it's so generally underrated due to their sparse role later in the war but for its time I guess it wasn't that bad of a fighter. But what about Spit I, should be an interesting experience with their early variable pitch propeller but no constant speed. Not to mention either way early Bf109s with their known quirks and also early engines before komandogerat. It all should be challenging from a pilot's perspective, and definitely we haven't taste any of that in DCS level™.

S!

Strictly speaking for a two-position prop pitch Spit you're looking at pre-Battle of Britain; Fighter Command initiated a crash program to get all De-Havilland two-position airscrews converted to CS (which could be done with field kits) in June of 1940:

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/06/battle-of-britain-1940-constant-speed-propellers.html

Dunkirk era, certainly would fulfill your desire but by Battle of Britain proper... not so much.

Strictly speaking for a two-position prop pitch Spit you're looking at pre-Battle of Britain; Fighter Command initiated a crash program to get all De-Havilland two-position airscrews converted to CS (which could be done with field kits) in June of 1940:

http://spitfiresite.com/2010/06/battle-of-britain-1940-constant-speed-propellers.html

Dunkirk era, certainly would fulfill your desire but by Battle of Britain proper... not so much.

Where all of Mk.Is already converted to Rotol props by July?? Interestingly enough I haven't ever really realised that from a modellers perspective, I keep seeing deHavilland props well in September pictures to say the least.

S!

Where all of Mk.Is already converted to Rotol props by July?? Interestingly enough I haven't ever really realised that from a modellers perspective, I keep seeing deHavilland props well in September pictures to say the least.

S!

Read the article... short version, DeHavilland figured out how to convert their two-pitch airscrews to constant speed via a kit. So all the DeHavilland aircerews you see in pictures of Spitties (in frontline squadrons) from the Battle are CS units.

Read the article... short version, DeHavilland figured out how to convert their two-pitch airscrews to constant speed via a kit. So all the DeHavilland aircerews you see in pictures of Spitties (in frontline squadrons) from the Battle are CS units.
I'm on it. Thanks for the info :thumbup: .

S!