[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Real controls are proportional where more switch deflection goes faster than less switch deflection.

For those DCS users with only digital controls you get only a yes/no input. What would be nice is an accelerating switch input. This allows fine control with short presses and gets faster the longer the switch is held. The other options are to globally change the digital sensitivity which might make people unhappy that top speed is limited or a sensitivity option which is another option that can't be changed moment to moment.

Yeah, not happy either, would like to get it slower OR that it accepts the lock even if not perfectly on the contact.

Preference for a slower movement of course.

If I'm zoomed in it's almost impossible, so I have to zoom out witch makes it possible but hard to read. Reminds me of track ir, the closer you get to instruments the more sensitive it gets, for that reason I might drop track ir for that plane

Marc..

Real controls are proportional where more switch deflection goes faster than less switch deflection.

What would be nice is an accelerating switch input. This allows fine control with short presses and gets faster the longer the switch is held.

Yes, that would work well

Marc..

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am running using Steam build in open beta branch.

I'm playing through the vanilla campaign again.

it's all fun until I have to land. This is new and wasn't happening the first time I played these missions.

I set the plane to APP, I set TACAN and ILS and then the framerate goes to absolute pooh for the whole descent. As soon as the wheel touch the tarmac, framerate is back to normal.

Something's happened I guess in the last update.

Update on this, it's just whenever I go lower than around 6,000 ft.

If my plane is losing altitude, my framerate dips. As soon as I pull the stick and get it to gain altitude, framerate is back to normal.

It doesn't feel like rendering at all. Feels like CPU, as if the flight model was suddenly getting a lot more complex.

It’s not only at airfields. I went far away in mission 4, at some point you have to intercept two L39’s and two helicopters. It’s in the middle of nowhere and every time I dip the plane under around 6,000 ft, frame rate drops massively. It’s not objects. I can look in any direction and it still is the same. I suspect something in the flight model is making the cpu go crazy.

The numbers are still flashing when switching modes and similar thing is also happening in Harrier in several places. Which suggests something is not right in Razbam's code responsible for drawing text (some uninitialised variables are used).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I am actually using the area around Vaziani to calibrate my system for a 'worst case' framerate scenario. It is indeed a little depressing.

If you take a look at my specs I have a decent system. However as you may be aware with the NVidia GTX platform it seems that the only solution to get a smooth experience is with vsync locked in at 60hz or more.

When the framerate goes below 60fps you get bad stuttering, below 50fps it becomes unplayable.

So I fly around low (angels 3 or less) towards Vaziani, turn on TGP and zoom in. To get >50 fps in this situation I need to put the objects distance factor to 'low' and MFDs at 256 resolution.

At least now I can play the Georgian Hammer campaign.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

• 2 weeks later...

Some secured/guarded switches can be operated even though guard is active/set.... See Sceenshots.

- FBW Channel 5 Switch

- Autopilot Test Switch

- FBW Test Switch

- A/B Emergency Cutoff Switch

- Engine Emergency Control Switch

- FBW Gain Mode Switch

And some linked animations of cover and switches are not synced while closing the guard/cover so switches "breaks" through the cover for a moment. For e.g. closing the "Pitot heat switch cover" and the "Pitot heat switch", and opening the "engine start switch cover" and the "starter fuel pump switch".

doVO39q.gif

Sync problem

5OUm2Sp.gif

iJfhwvY.gif

Edited by birkenmoped

for example... switching the VOR ILS freqency from 108.00 to 108.95 (going backwards) the animation of the selector doing nearly a full rotation to reach the .00. Also on the TACAN freq selector and the U/VHF freq selectors while using the dail going from highest to the lowest number ...

IzHFiJM.gif

JYapTGP.gif

ebOzWyO.gif

sorry for my bad english... dont know how to explain better

Edited by birkenmoped

Does this have to do with this (as part of the official patch notes today):

- Mirage M-2000C: springloaded switches doesn't work. You can download fix here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303199/

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com