[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

Of course, I set the APP mode and the appropriate ILS frequency, I know that the synthetic field appears when you have a WP landing at the airport, but I think if you only have the TACAN frequency and the ILS would have to be working properly, no?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, I set the APP mode and the appropriate ILS frequency, I know that the synthetic field appears when you have a WP landing at the airport, but I think if you only have the TACAN frequency and the ILS would have to be working properly, no?

Currently it isn’t working as expected (as you already noticed).

IRL the TACAN has no part in synthetic runway.

You would have to:

- set threshold coordinates in PCN (coordinates, heading, glide slope)

- set ILS frequency and use APP mode (obviously)

- set QFE on altimeter

The synthetic runway would be standard size and not matching exactly the actual runway.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Okay but the ILS indications in the HUD?

PS: Thanks to all

Just put the FPM in the box and forget about the rest for now.

But from what I have been told, and from what I read, the pilots would rather use the needles on artificial horizon head down.

Anyway, it’s still CAT 1 ILS: 550m/ 200ft minima.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

It just doesn't work

As asked, please post a track or mission file, otherwise we are just guessing.

Here's a track of me landing a Senaki with a 8 knot headwind in 2.5.5.34864

Comments

The ILS HUD indication (as modelled) is a raw ILS error indication, not a flight director - so if you don't anticipate it's motion, you'll over shoot the localizer/glide slope.

Senaki RWY 09 = 89°M, so I look to line up the TACAN needle on 89°M and adjust my heading +/- 10° to correct for the ADI ILS needle.

I keep overshooting the center line but get there in the end (there's a light crosswind).

2.5.x Issues to be aware of

• Mission lighting and weather was made for 1.5, so isn't optimised for 2.5

• Ground wind speed and direction was adjusted to get RWY 09's ILS to work in 2.5.x

• The runway's approach lighting is almost invisible in 2.5

... the mission still serves it's purpose.

M-2000C, ILS Landing, Senaki-Kolkhi, Bad Weather, 2_5_5_34864.trk

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Did you placed in the Mission Editor a landing waypoint on the airport you want to land?

In DCS, this is needed to be able to see the synthetic runway.

Unfortuantely, Razbam implemented it only in that way, and not in the way it works in the real aircraft.

ILS should work without that, jsut dial in the correct frequency and turn it on.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I don't have any type of ILS brand either in the HUD or in the artificial horizon. It just doesn't work

L̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶u̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶D̶I̶ ̶I̶L̶S̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶l̶e̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶.̶

Edit: I'm wrong, the ADI needles are just hard to see.

4eeVRxc.jpg

The HUD indication (and ILS audio) is working though, so you can use the 'box' left/right arrows for guidance and when they are gone you know you are near the localizer center line.

Tested Senaki-Kolkhi, DCS 2.5.5.34864

Edited by Ramsay
Checked track for pilot error

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Same for me. Happened a couple of times. Sometimes just a little shudder, sometimes a complete fireball. Strikes me as somewhat unrealistic.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Hi all again

Video:

Unfortunately your video doesn't show the briefed (LAlt+B) wind speed and direction, so it's not possible to tell if Kutaisi RWY 08 ILS is transmitting.

Kutaisi ATC is on Channel 15 on both V/UHF and VHF radios.

Edit:

Joining the "Georgia Reign - Dynamic PVE WAR - v3.0.65" server and taking a Mirage slot at Kutaisi - wind was 6m/s towards 188°T and RWY 26 is the active ATC runway i.e. ILS is turned off on RWY 08.

Note: the mission uses dynamic weather - so wind conditions may have been slightly different when you recorded your mission.

In my case, RWY 08 had a 1.8 m/s headwind, which triggered ATC to turn off 08 ILS and switch to the opposite (wrong) runway - it's an unfortunate bug, introduced with the new (2.5.x) Caucasus map, that effects multiple airbases/modules.

Edited by Ramsay
See if the server you used is up and check if Kutaisi ILS is operational

But why did they turn off the ILS?

In this case it's a bug.

In other instances it's correct

• sometime the Markers share frequencies (with different morse ID's) i.e. Krymsk 04/22, Krasnodar-Pashkovsky, etc. and are used for different NDB approaches.

or

• there's 2 sets of ILS equipment that share the same frequency i.e. Vaziani 13/31

For an airport with a single ILS, there's some debate on whether DCS ATC switches RWY directions at the right wind speeds, but DCS is what it is (it used to change @~7kts tailwind) and while this bug for moderate headwinds is present, the debate is moot as IMHO it breaks ILS for most missions with realistic/moderate weather.

AFAIK using a localizer "backcourse" approach isn't a common procedure, so IRL you'd be guided by ATC/radar or divert to an alternative airport.

Tonight I was hoping to hop into the Mirage 2000C once more. However, I could no longer select the radar dogfight modes, irrespective of whether the 530D, Magic II or guns were selected. When I checked the controls for the joystick, I could no longer find 'special mode forward' and 'special mode aft'.

Where have these gone? What has changed?

EDIT: resolved, key labels changed following a recent update.

Edited by Cyrus

Hello!

Can somebody help me, please, to fix this problem?

ce31a302f2dc.png

This problem does not always occur, but only when the sun shines from the side of the tail.

Then, in the event of a turn or any other maneuvers, the sun continues to blind the mirror and is corrected only by restarting the mission.

The same thing happens if at night someone shines headlights from the side of the tail (for example, another plane at the airport.) :(

I the same problem, but I cant find the changed/new keymapping either.

Following keybinds are modified:

- Special Modes FWD to Weapons SystemCMD FWD

- Special Modes AFT to Weapons SystemCMD AFT

- Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons SystemCMD Depress

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Hola, desde la ultima actualización hecha hoy, no consigo que funcionen los MAGIC, ni siquiera me deja seleccionarlo en el tablero , sólo me deja seleccionar el 530. Alguien sabe que puede haber pasado ?

Probé a volver a instalar el módulo pero sigue igual.Tampoco funciona en las misiones rápidas. Gracias.

Following keybinds are modified:

- Special Modes FWD to Weapons SystemCMD FWD

- Special Modes AFT to Weapons SystemCMD AFT

- Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect to Weapons SystemCMD Depress

Thank you so much Shimmergloom667 :thumbup:

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb