[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

The RWR fix was due to my error, had a model version screw up when fixing a different bug and it reset the RWR connector to the model that was causing the error. I didn't realize this until after it was released.

I am truly sorry about this. I have already made sure that the fix is in the repository to be pushed out on the next update.

So what happend?

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its fixed with todays Open Beta hotfix :thumbup:.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Its fixed with todays Open Beta hotfix :thumbup:.

Hurray!! :cheer3nc:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

is it fixed in beta only?

Changes go to Open Beta first and if there no major bugs, ED push the update to the release branch later.

• Open Beta is on 2.5.5.40647, 05 Dec 2019

• Release is on 2.5.5.39384, 15 Nov 2019

Note: recent "release branch" updates have been once per month.

Release history can be found in this thread :

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2249076#post2249076

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Hi there,

When I lock using SVI, the radar display works well with target clearly locked, all associated tracking information and speed vector, however, I do not have the square in the HUD on the target which make things pretty hard!

Funny thing is that I have the small square on the HUD so that I know where to point my nose...

Do you guys have the same problem ? Has this been reported already ?

Aorus Z690i, 13600K @5.5ghz, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3600 C16, SSD WD SN850 black, HP Reverb G2, Virpil WarBRD + MongoosT50 CM2 grip

I'll explain like this:

1. Using autopilot to steer to heading 000 on HUD (and HSI)
  2. It stops at HUD heading 006
  3. HSI Shows 000
  4. Switching to true heading, HSI now shows 006
  5. HUD has jumped to 012
  6. F10 Map showed 007

Cold start, hot start, air start, they all show this. Latest Open Beta, and this is the Caucasus Freeflight.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Bah shit. Just remembered I was using sedenion's Indication Fix, and thats the cause.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=255177

Sorry, nothing to see here.

Any chance a moderator can melt this with his above thread?

Good evening! I've got a problem with the open beta version of DCS more precisely with the mirage 2000, I just want to precise to you that I already did a complete reinstallation of DCS, two repair process, and I had the same problem with the steam open beta version.

First, when I turn on the red tactical floodlights, I can't turn it off. Then when I switch the night vision switch on the JVN position, the tactical lights are supposed to become green, in my game, it just turns off every light.

The second problem is the RWR, I only have the superior half working, all of the lower half isn't showing anything. It's like the rwr is divided into two parts, one is showing something, and the others don't work, so when a contact is on the delimitation of the two parts, it is cut.

I had a problem with the nvg too : Even with the nvg installed on the helmet I could not use it, but after a reinstallation of dcs and a repair, I can use it anew!

I recorded the two problems that I have, I think it will be easier to understand! (https://youtu.be/tmgnnU8NOHM)

Thanks and good flights!

Edited by ShurikJR

[...]

The RWR and red light not switching off problems were fixed in last week's thursday update, check that your DCS version is 2.5.5.40647, you can see it in the bottom right corner of the main menu.

For the NVG switch, it is working as intended AFAIK, where did you see that the lights are supposed to turn green ?

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

I launch DCS today for the first time for 1 or 2 weeks and I did the update. It resolved all of my problems so that's nice!

The floodlights were still red in the previous version, so a friend told me that those lights are supposed to be green. When I was switching the NVG switch on JNV, all of the cockpit lights were turned off. With this new update, floodlights are green and the RWR problem is fixed.

I think he mean, by setting the last waypoint to "landing" in the Mission Editor... This is indeed an old request, which I join, with some others old requests.

Fact is that the ILS and TACAN are not (and worse: cannot be) preconfigured for mission start. An automatic ILS and TACAN preset according the "landing" waypoint configured in the Mission Editor would be a nice feature.

No thats not what i mean....

when i set a flightpath in mission edititor with a landingpoint at an airfield with ils i can see the synthetic runway in the hud .

but when i make a flightpath while in flight by setting up the waypoints "in flight" manualy the synthetic runway never appears.

No thats not what i mean....

when i set a flightpath in mission edititor with a landingpoint at an airfield with ils i can see the synthetic runway in the hud .

but when i make a flightpath while in flight by setting up the waypoints "in flight" manualy the synthetic runway never appears.

If I'm not mistaken, this has never worked, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.

GPU: PALIT NVIDIA RTX 3080 10GB | CPU: Intel Core i7-9700K 4,9GHz | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3000MHz
VR: HP Reverb G2 | HOTAS: TM Warthog Throttle and Stick

If I'm not mistaken, this has never worked, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.

Yes, it never did work as intended.

Yes, you should be able to get synthetic runway on airport configured in PCN in flight, provided there is an ILS.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi