[OLD BUG REPORTS] Cleaning and Organization of old posts

RAZBAM_ELMO

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You realy believe that i search now the Forum of the last years for this Statement ? :lol::thumbup:

Well... yes. When you make a statement the burden of proof is on you. I don't remember such thing either.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

You realy believe that i search now the Forum of the last years for this Statement ? :lol::thumbup:

Well, yes.

When I say the the dev "promised" or said something, I try to back it up with a link to the post. If not, I add "I could be wrong" or "if I recall correctly", so the reader knows to take what I say with a grain of salt.

Most of the time when someone say that the devs have promised something, it's just that they said that they will implement it, with no time-frame or promise.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Even in their flightmanual the wride that they are working on it!

APP MODE AFTER GLIDESCOPE CAPTURE

1. ILS GUIDE. Visible only when both localizer and glideslope have been captured. It moves in relation to the FPM showing both glideslope and course deviation. To maintain a perfect approach, you have to place the FPM inside the box. If the deviation from either glideslope or course is too large, a flashing triangle (not shown) will appear indicating that a course/elevation change is required.

2. SYNTHETIC RUNWAY. The synthetic runway symbol is an aid for locating the real runway, especially during low visibility conditions. It is only visible when: a. The INS is on. b. The airport is the current fly-to waypoint. c. The runway data (heading and glideslope) were entered .

2 d. Both localizer and glideslope have been captured

Not functional at the moment, only possible by placing the “Landing” waypoint in the Mission Editor.

(PAGE 99)

Since when is the Mirage out of beta ? Since April 2017 !!!

Edited by Schlomo1933

Just wanted to notify you guys on something, when in TWS (not STT) the Mirage 2000 will lose radar lock of someone that does a roll. If this is correct than leave it, if not, now you know.

M2K TWS locks JF-17, JF-17 does two 360s (just straight aileron roll, no other inputs, keeping a straight line) and M2K loses lock. Should be easy enough to try an reproduce. I believe the range was 15-30 nautical miles.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oKOGQyRM6aEifEm38Miw_Wumn5-9mWJU/view?usp=sharing

Here is the track file, but unfortunately, its a lot of JF-17 bug testing and I'm also not the mirage pilot. So I don't know how much good it does.

Ok, so I updated today and now the radar reticle is flashing half the time, I can’t select the magics only the 530, both the tdc slews and the tws switch work in the options but not on the radar itself and I can’t get he radar to see more than 80. Not flown in a few weeks so I don’t know of there has been a change in procedure.

A bit frustrating to say the least.

Anybody else having this issue?

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I don't know what a radar reticle or tws is. The Magics are selected by the three-position switch on the throttle handle.

The 160, 320 nm ranges are accessible by bumping cursor at the top of the VTB but not by the console range selector switch. I don't know if that's correct.

Hello!

I am quite new to DCS (i.e. I don't have the whole history of former M2000 versions...) but I love the plane as it is now! Thanks for the amazing work, it feels so real...

Here are some slight bugs or defaults that might be worth being taken into account in the future if you think it is interesting:

- Preset radio frequencies on V/UHF have a 1 digit offset: CH1 is on 00, CH2 is on 01, etc...

- Radio freq. repeater should show the preset channels when they are in use, instead of the full frequency (i.e. if you are on CH1, it repeats 1, and if you are on 234.5 it repeats 234.5).The only way to check the full preset frequency is to press the READ button on the radio box. On the UHF preset channels can not be checked easily (hard coding).

- There is an important sound missing: when the AP ALT mode is desactivated, there should be a "DONG" sound confirming you that you are no more in that mode (especially if it has been induced by a trim action).

- The IFF "fault" signal is always present (the round circle with black and white sectors) i.e. it says is not working properly. It should be fully black when working properly.

Thank you!

Hi,

Found an anoying bug with RWR (again...).

Against JF17, when being spiked and locked the symbol "KL" is centered on the RWR (see attached picture).

Probleme is: I am not at the merge, actually the bandit is on my 11' 20NM away.

So, it is impossible to know from where the bandit come from and notch properly those PL10...

Can we have a hotfix on this one please ?

Cheers

Can we have a hotfix on this one please ?

The same issue with the harrier.

It may be a JF-17 regression, as a similar bug was reported as fixed on 7th Dec

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4130643#post4130643

Perhaps check with another module i.e. A-10C, etc., and/or report the overly strong RWR signal in the JF-17 forum including a track file.

i9 9900K @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Are you a real Mirage 2000 Pilot ? Or maybe a mechanic ?:D

Preset radio frequencies on V/UHF have a 1 digit offset: CH1 is on 00, CH2 is on 01, etc...

IIRC, it's fixed in the open beta vesion, no more CH00.

Radio freq. repeater should show the preset channels when they are in use, instead of the full frequency (i.e. if you are on CH1, it repeats 1, and if you are on 234.5 it repeats 234.5).The only way to check the full preset frequency is to press the READ button on the radio box. On the UHF preset channels can not be checked easily (hard coding).

Is it like this in the real aircraft ?

There is an important sound missing: when the AP ALT mode is desactivated, there should be a "DONG" sound confirming you that you are no more in that mode (especially if it has been induced by a trim action).

The dong is present in some cases, even when the auto-pilot is not engaged (pressing the auto-pilot standby when auto-pilot is deactivated) so this functionality might be WIP :).

The IFF "fault" signal is always present (the round circle with black and white sectors) i.e. it says is not working properly. It should be fully black when working properly.

You seem to know better than me on this :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

It may be a JF-17 regression, as a similar bug was reported as fixed on 7th Dec

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4130643#post4130643

Perhaps check with another module i.e. A-10C, etc., and/or report the overly strong RWR signal in the JF-17 forum including a track file.

What do you mean by JF-17 regression ?

It is bugged, don't know what to described more.

Edit : Ramsay, can you confirm that your RWR in the Mirage works well with JF17 locking you up ?

Edited by Moody1204

On the plus side the JF17 RWR is broken too. So he wont know you are locking him up most of the time.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

If you look closely at the picture, the repeater is displaying

FF P 010

or something like that...

So it's only the green radio on the bottom line.

2000c.jpg

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

When the last missile is the Magic, at least 50% of the time I can not fire it.

Is it me doing something wrong or it's a bug? It has never behaved like that before.

Also, the radar being able to keep lock targets through mountains, is that normal?

Today, while flying mission 10 of the campaign, I tried to enter the waypoint altitudes manually during startup. One of the waypoints required 26000 feet, but if I tried to input that number into the PCN it didn't take. I tried with 25000 and it went throught alright. I then went back to try some other values, even 25001 is rejected, as is the equivalent altitude in meters. So it seems 25000 feet is a hard maximum for PCN altitude inputs. Is this correct?

Today, while flying mission 10 of the campaign, I tried to enter the waypoint altitudes manually during startup. One of the waypoints required 26000 feet, but if I tried to input that number into the PCN it didn't take. I tried with 25000 and it went throught alright. I then went back to try some other values, even 25001 is rejected, as is the equivalent altitude in meters. So it seems 25000 feet is a hard maximum for PCN altitude inputs. Is this correct?

Yes, waypoint altitude are supposed to be topographical altitude, not your flight plan altitude. You have to handle that yourself.

In western Europe, no topographical altitude is above 25 000ft.

I wonder though if Indian Mirage 2000H got a custom INS with higher limit ? :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi