[MERGED -OLD BUGS] Forum Cleanup

RAZBAM_ELMO

- The "Cockpit Pressurization Lever" has a strange behaviour, as if hidden positions existed.

- The "Navigation Lights" is fine, but the "Cockpit Temperature Select" is rotating the wrong way with respect to the left/right button.

- The "ARK-5 NEAR Frequency Band Selector Switch" is not moving, like the FAR-related buttons and knobs which don't seem to work as expected.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-missing auto-dampening when deflection angle of gyroscope mirror is more than 13deg.The piper will be oscillating at bottom edge of field of view in range 45min (up-down) by speed 20deg/sec.Feature.

2.Scale on right side of ASP head is aiming angle scale(not diving angle)It is auto controlled(angle setting) by ballistics"GUN-RKT" mode and manually in "BOMB" mode."GUN"=0 deg,"RKT"-according ballistic box(block)and "BOMBS"-according bomb chart.Big bug.

3.Target range introduction-manual (OPTIC)mode and auto (RADAR)mode.So when we have set RADAR,we can not introduce target range manuallly(OPTIC) and reversely.Bug.

4.Red light "BREAK OFF"must be ON,when target range is 600m and less in both mode(OPTIC-RADAR).Bug.

5.Ballistis change-when we change ballistic from GUN to RKT and reversely,only aiming angle will be changed(scale automatically set the angle) and nothing more.Bug.

6.Piper movement-IRL is movement very steady.Movement in sim is like rabbit on the field when is hunted.ASP-5N has two gyroscopes.First is inside ASP head and second, so-called NULL-SET gyroscope or ZERO-gyroscope is in avionics bay behind cockpit.The task of NULL-SET gyroscope is dampening of movement of piper in space.We can see piper in field of view up-to 5-6g-load and angular speed up-to 30deg/sec.

7.CAGE-UNCAGE-when CAGED the mirror of gyroscope is mechanicaly fixed and el.motor of gyro is not powered,so angular speed and complementary correction angles are not calculated.

UNCAGED-el.motor is powered, mirror of gyroscope is free and spun and start calculate.

When auto or manual dampening is used ,ASP does not provide any calculation.In training video No.9 you can see total nonsense,when ASP is in UNCAGE mode for bombing,RKT firing and GUN firing,but piper is glued to boresight.After switching to GUN, piper come to life.This is from fairy tale imperium.

8.ASP-5N as well as the other gyro gunsights in DCS(ASP-3.ASP-21,K-14,EZ-42) is not real-time gunsight ,so we need 3-5 sec of synchronization of piper with target.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like 6th preset channel doesnt work (example 134 in MiG its 100):

zUKBO0Ll.jpg

kgIZtKal.jpg

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hey team,

I noticed today in MP with a friend that after i had him locked up and had the lock on the gunsight even after turning opposite way and turning radar off, it still had the aiming guide around him when i turned back nose hot with radar off and sight mode back to sight vice radar. Bug?

V/R,

Ohgr

VCVW-11 "Vapor"

USN AE 2001-2015

Heatblur Tomcat Tester

Track please.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Thks

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

There is a thread for requesting keybinds in the main MiG-19 forum.

- The "Cockpit Pressurization Lever" has a strange behaviour, as if hidden positions existed.

- The "Navigation Lights" is fine, but the "Cockpit Temperature Select" is rotating the wrong way with respect to the left/right button.

- The "ARK-5 NEAR Frequency Band Selector Switch" is not moving, like the FAR-related buttons and knobs which don't seem to work as expected.

I have no problems using the near/far knobs to select the frequency range with the mouse, or the near/far switch with the mouse either. You need to set the ARK5 in ANT mode to be able to rotate them

Hi Tango,

The reticle is limited between 20 and 50 degress, but it´s true that it should move when the sight is in AG mode. We will check this.

Hi Overstratos

sorry,but do you mean seriously this?I would like to know, how do you get this ASP to the A/G mode ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mirrored bindings for taxi and landing light switch

mpNJygul.jpg

Those two buttons are reversed in cockpit of MiG-19.

The swich Up is landing (here is as TAXI key), down to taxi light function (here as Landing).

Landing:

Nowy-1JPG_qwaxaqe.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Hi Overstratos

sorry,but do you mean seriously this?I would like to know, how do you get this ASP to the A/G mode ?

Yes, in real life the depression angle of the ASP-5N is limited between 20 and 50 degrees. We will test the behavior of the sight to see if something is not working as it should.

I have no problems using the near/far knobs to select the frequency range with the mouse, or the near/far switch with the mouse either. You need to set the ARK5 in ANT mode to be able to rotate them

Thanks, that narrows down the bug, so apparently these knobs don't work correctly when the mode is not on the ANT position. That's definitely very weird (I don't believe that the actual device blocks all those knobs depending on the mode, or couldn't find the limitation in the flight manual - except maybe the special case of the frequency tune in compass mode by default of a better implementation).

Also, the behaviour is different with the mouse vs if the user maps the controls to a controller or to the keyboard.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Yes, in real life the depression angle of the ASP-5N is limited between 20 and 50 degrees. We will test the behavior of the sight to see if something is not working as it should.

Hi,what is depresion angle according to you?,And where I do set it?I am still looking for in cockpit to get ASP-5N to A/G mode?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Put in as many mappings as you want supporting whatever combinations you like... but please include mappings to allow me to operate the lever realistically without any kind of auto positioning or bump up/bump down. I prefer the two inputs for three position system where I have a 3-position switch which is off when at the center position. But a three inputs for the 3-positions is ok because I can still provide my own scripting to make it work with two inputs.

I already had to provide my own script to make the flap switch follow my Warthog Throttle flap switch. It would be nice if all DCS aircraft with three position flap switches had control mappings to support the Warthog instead of me having to write a custom script for most of the aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

G: The current fully automated "idiot mode" (which I will promptly unmap)

Yeah, G is an easy mode but the pilot did whole procedure with lock the gear. Quite ok for me what we have now ;) (for me not big problem). Maybe its not a bug but suggestion for the future.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

How about...

LAlt+G: Toggle gear lock.

LShift+G: Gear lever down one step

LCtrl+G: Gear lever up one step

G: The current fully automated "idiot mode" (which I will promptly unmap)

Put in as many mappings as you want supporting whatever combinations you like... but please include mappings to allow me to operate the lever realistically without any kind of auto positioning or bump up/bump down. I prefer the two inputs for three position system where I have a 3-position switch which is off when at the center position. But a three inputs for the 3-positions is ok because I can still provide my own scripting to make it work with two inputs.

I already had to provide my own script to make the flap switch follow my Warthog Throttle flap switch. It would be nice if all DCS aircraft with three position flap switches had control mappings to support the Warthog instead of me having to write a custom script for most of the aircraft.

+1 on the landing gear, I think there is an easy mode for the module, but most users would prefer a realistic command for the realistic mode (like in the MiG-21bis, for example).

+1 on the 3-way mapping too! In fact I'm wondering if the 3-position management of the throttle wouldn't be useful as a generic feature in DCS, in which the user would be able to map the behaviour on any group of 3 commands? Of course, if that's only for one brand of controller (which becomes outdated), perhaps it doesn't make sense.

I hope gear to neutral and the landing gear lock get there own bindable keys

Yeah, absolutely need that.

You can cut corners but make a module more 'user friendly' - but then again, things like this and soon we have 'Auto-start' where we just press one button and the plane magically starts. Oh, wait... :doh:

But seriously - landing gear should work like in the real thing, I don't want buttons and switches flippin' themselves :)

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer