ATTENTION: SPOILERS! - F-14B CAMPAIGN REFORGER PART I+II FEEDBACK THREAD - Read at your own discretion.

IronMike

2 hours ago, IronMike said:

could you try the non supercarrier version please? you can simply load it manually from the campaign folder - that would help a lot.

thank you all!

I will try the non SC version next. I tried flying the SC version again today, and I get the same result. I CAP between steer point 2-3, for almost an hour. All of the F-14's that launched the TALD's, have landed, on the carrier, and the F/A 18's just circle and do nothing. I am not sure at what altitude I am supposed to be at, as there is no assigned angels mentioned anywhere, but I am between angles 30-35 through out the mission. I just quit the mission once I realize nothing is going on.

EDIT:

Tried the non SC version, and get the same results. I CAP between 2-3, The flight of F-14's that launched the TALD's, land, and the F/A 18's, (VFA 83) do nothing but just loiter in circles.

How long is VFA 83 supposed to wait, to start their attack after the TALD's are launched?   I have given them almost an hour each time. I am on channel 1 on both radios. Is that the problem? I am hearing no instructions from Wizard.

Edited by Castor Troy

On 4/26/2021 at 12:51 PM, Castor Troy said:

I will try the non SC version next. I tried flying the SC version again today, and I get the same result. I CAP between steer point 2-3, for almost an hour. All of the F-14's that launched the TALD's, have landed, on the carrier, and the F/A 18's just circle and do nothing. I am not sure at what altitude I am supposed to be at, as there is no assigned angels mentioned anywhere, but I am between angles 30-35 through out the mission. I just quit the mission once I realize nothing is going on.

EDIT:

Tried the non SC version, and get the same results. I CAP between 2-3, The flight of F-14's that launched the TALD's, land, and the F/A 18's, (VFA 83) do nothing but just loiter in circles.

How long is VFA 83 supposed to wait, to start their attack after the TALD's are launched?   I have given them almost an hour each time. I am on channel 1 on both radios. Is that the problem? I am hearing no instructions from Wizard.

I am having this same issue.

Thank you so much for the tests. It is greatly appreciated. I think I know what might be the issue. It is possible that something about TALDs changed and the weapon ID is not recognized in the triggers anymore, so I need to find a new way to let the hornets know to attack.

I will try to have a hotfix for it uploaded by the end of the week, so you can continue with the campaign. My apologies for the inconveniences, and thank you so much again for lending your time to help test it.

• Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

19 hours ago, IronMike said:

Thank you so much for the tests. It is greatly appreciated. I think I know what might be the issue. It is possible that something about TALDs changed and the weapon ID is not recognized in the triggers anymore, so I need to find a new way to let the hornets know to attack.

I will try to have a hotfix for it uploaded by the end of the week, so you can continue with the campaign. My apologies for the inconveniences, and thank you so much again for lending your time to help test it.

Great! Looking forward to continuing the campaign. Thanks for all you do.

Dear all, please download the hotfix for mission 5 here. Apologies again for the inconveniences and thank you for the great feedback and help!

• Thanks 2

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

• 2 weeks later...

--- ATTENTION! SPOILERS for mission #3 ---

Does mission #3 work for you? The 29 I intercepted did not attack heli.

Edit: works fine now

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

vor 6 Stunden schrieb draconus:

--- ATTENTION! SPOILERS for mission #3 ---

Does mission #3 work for you? The 29 I intercepted did not attack heli.

Does the heli get destroyed, though? In my recent playthrough (last Friday), it was.

According to my Tacview, the MiG doesn't fire missiles or guns, but the helicopter gets destroyed anyway. I checked the Tacview file from an older, pre-2.7 playthrough, and it's exactly the same. 

I suppose this is a gameplay concession, because a "real" missile might not hit and wreck the whole mission flow.

On 5/11/2021 at 3:24 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

Does the heli get destroyed, though?

No. I followed 29 until it was too close to the land so I turned to the mother then and trapped.

It was already my second attempt at this mission in 2.7 (SC version). And it worked for me in 2.5.

Edit: works fine now

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Am 11.5.2021 um 23:39 schrieb draconus:

No. I followed 29 until it was too close to the land so I turned to the mother then and trapped.

It was already my second attempt at this mission in 2.7 (SC version). And it worked for me in 2.5.

I checked again, the mission works fine on my end in 2.7 SC. 🤷‍♂️ Do you get all the triggers up until when the intercept is supposed to happen?

Edited by Jayhawk1971

I found another small booboo in mission 6 (SC version) in 2.7 (the "Bombcat" mission):

All works fine, but on return to the carrier I found an AI F-14 had parked smack in the middle of the landing area on the flight deck, right on top of the wires: shut down, wings swept, canopy open. On the "Stennis" (Truman).

I have found the culprit: it was the wingman from the F-14 flight that attacked Senaki. What a jerk! 😉 

Edited by Jayhawk1971

On 12/19/2020 at 2:07 PM, IronMike said:

What does the trick here for me, is to react quick. I usually get both while they still fly out. But then again, I am very primed for the event to happen, so it doesnt really count I guess would be fair to say. The problem with taxi is, that it takes too long. Almost 3 minutes or so. I might see if I can change that order up a bit, so you get noted while they are almost done with taxiing. Thank you for the feedback. Also, please note that I hotfixed mission 5, you will need it to progress. My apologies for the inconvenience.

The migs never take off for me. just stuck flying around waypoint 2-3 😟

zprwsp-6.png

mission 06 wingman loadout problem, wingman carrying two drifferent aim-54, wingman carry 54-C on station 3, 54-A MK60 on station 6.

coop mission naming problem, F-14B_Campaign_Mission6_COOP6.miz, will, as with other missions it should be COOP4?

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

On 5/14/2021 at 2:39 PM, Jayhawk1971 said:

in mission 6 (SC version) in 2.7 (the "Bombcat" mission):

All works fine, but on return to the carrier I found an AI F-14 had parked smack in the middle of the landing area on the flight deck, right on top of the wires: shut down, wings swept, canopy open. On the "Stennis" (Truman).

#6 went without problems for me... until the crash after esc>quit @2.7.1.6709

dcs.log

Thanks guys, still fiddling around with mission 5, to fix that weapon in zone trigger that just won't work anymore.

The Tomcat shutting down smack middle of the landing area is weird, but likely a carrier/AI/DCS bug - there is practically nothing we can do about it. If it happens repeatedly than it is an AI/carrier bug worth reporting to ED; I haven't seen anything like that myself yet.

Thanks @Alphabet_Ghost - I'll check the loadout.

Heatblur Simulations

• 1 month later...

Mission 03 - DCS Crashes at Loading

Am I the only one experiencing that ? When loading mission 03 (following mission overview/editor) DCS will crash during loading. It happens at each trials. My latest version of OpenBeta has no mods.

Any ideas ?

OS: Windows 10 64-bit | CPU: Intel i7-7700K @4.2GHz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders 11GB | RAM: G-Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4/3600MHz | SSD: 480gb Corsair HyperX | MoBo: EVGA Z270 Stinger | Oculus Rift | HOTAS Warthog

11 hours ago, 5EVC Tiger said:

Any ideas ?

Please upload your \saved games\dcs.open beta\logs\dcs.log

On 7/27/2021 at 8:40 PM, 5EVC Tiger said:

Mission 03 - DCS Crashes at Loading

Am I the only one experiencing that ? When loading mission 03 (following mission overview/editor) DCS will crash during loading. It happens at each trials. My latest version of OpenBeta has no mods.

Any ideas ?

Did you maybe cross-copy versions that could include an old mission file? If you want try to navigate to your mods/aircraft/f14/missions/campaigns and op reforger folder and try launching the mission from the file itself, and see if that works.

Additionally, make sure for example that you are not trying to load the Supercarrier version if you are not owning it, etc.

Heatblur Simulations

Mission 2 Issue.

So, I've just spent 90 minutes doing a pretty cool BARCAP - successfully tanked off Arco, then intercepted the IL-76. Returned to racetrack, then got the call to intercept the boats. Headed to the bearing I was given, and descended to 5000'. Thought I should go a bit lower to get a better look, so descended to 1000'. After a few minutes of nothingness, thought I'd better head back up to 5000' in case I'd broken a trigger. Jester then says we should head to 1200', fly bearing 315, and use PAL to try to get a lock. I do so, continue to fly for 20 minutes, then hit the shore of the land in front of me.

No boat. An hour and a half of mission behind me, and I can't progress.

What did I do wrong? Btw, I don't know how to RIO - is that necessary for this campaign?

Edited by GunSlingerAUS

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

7 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Btw, I don't know how to RIO - is that necessary for this campaign?

No, it's a SP campaign but it's good to know what RIO can do to know what to command and expect of Jester.

I suggest you refly the mission. I don't remember it being that long. You just missed the boats. Read the texts carefully to know their path to predict their position and do a search.

It's been a few months since I flew it so I don't know if it works perfectly as designed atm.

16 hours ago, draconus said:

No, it's a SP campaign but it's good to know what RIO can do to know what to command and expect of Jester.

I suggest you refly the mission. I don't remember it being that long. You just missed the boats. Read the texts carefully to know their path to predict their position and do a search.

It's been a few months since I flew it so I don't know if it works perfectly as designed atm.

I followed the radio instructions perfectly. I watched a video online of someone else doing it, and they jumped into the RIO seat to get the TV camera to find the boat - I have nfi how to do so  😞

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

3 minutes ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

I followed the radio instructions perfectly. I watched a video online of someone else doing it, and they jumped into the RIO seat to get the TV camera to find the boat - I have nfi how to do so  😞

PAL or pulse should find it if you fly low enough and also slow enough to give yourself time. The trigger works, if you fly

Spoiler

within 5nm of the boats, his advice iirc is triggered 15nm from the boats,

so you were already close, but somehow managed to miss it. Jumping into the RIO seat and using TCS (not hard to learn), helps, but is not required.

Heatblur Simulations

On 2/3/2021 at 11:48 AM, IronMike said:

You need to be fairly well lined up behind and close indeed. And correct,

Hide contents

none of the refuels in the campaign are mandatory (but ofc reward you with more fuel for the mission if you do them).

^^I do not say that in the campaign though, so that players challenge themselves a bit. The campaign is also set up in such a way, that by doing these 9 missions, at the end you end up more confident and more trained in the Tomcat - from a casual player's perspective.

A little late to the party here, but I'm a pretty new DCS player and even newer Tomcat owner. Just want to shout out how much I appreciate this. This campaign was totally badass and I was so driven to want to do it "by the book" that I forced myself to do the refueling that I normally avoid like the plague.

I have two young children and usually prefer spending my limited time in the game doing a bit more exciting stuff. Boy was I wrong. I haven't even managed a full refuel but just the satisfaction of being able to take enough fuel (multiple times) to complete missions and RTB was like nothing I've ever experienced in a game.

Not to mention the carrier quals to start it off! My carrier landing attempts in the Tomcat ended in a funeral 9.9 times out of 10. With this campaign I learned how to do a case 1! It's no SHB but it gets my ass on the deck in one piece. RTB and caught a wire in every mission. Well nearly every mission but no spoilers. Awesome stuff! Great campaign. Can't wait for part 2! 

• Like 2

On 8/12/2021 at 4:34 AM, gnomechild said:

A little late to the party here, but I'm a pretty new DCS player and even newer Tomcat owner. Just want to shout out how much I appreciate this. This campaign was totally badass and I was so driven to want to do it "by the book" that I forced myself to do the refueling that I normally avoid like the plague.

I have two young children and usually prefer spending my limited time in the game doing a bit more exciting stuff. Boy was I wrong. I haven't even managed a full refuel but just the satisfaction of being able to take enough fuel (multiple times) to complete missions and RTB was like nothing I've ever experienced in a game.

Not to mention the carrier quals to start it off! My carrier landing attempts in the Tomcat ended in a funeral 9.9 times out of 10. With this campaign I learned how to do a case 1! It's no SHB but it gets my ass on the deck in one piece. RTB and caught a wire in every mission. Well nearly every mission but no spoilers. Awesome stuff! Great campaign. Can't wait for part 2! 

Nothing could make me happier than to read that you enjoyed it! Thank you for the kind words. (It makes me double as happy because you describe exactly the kind of experience we wanted you guys to have with it.) 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

• 3 weeks later...

It seems I'm the only one who is having issues with mission 8.

SPOILERS FOR MISSION #8 AHEAD!

For me that Mig is coming out of nowhere. I can't get a visual (I'm in VR) and the player only has a few seconds from been alerted to going KABOOOM. I'm not even sure whether a missile hit me or I got destroyed by some sort of a mission timer. I tried this mission twice but absolute no luck.

By the way, this mission (and I think another one or two in the campaign) are very fps heavy in VR to say the least (I think at least one of the culprits are all those fires on the ground).

Otherwise I think it's quite a nice campaign (having played past mission 8 yet).