SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View

SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View  

49 members have voted

1. 1. SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View

• Ahhh...I trust everyone, use Tac-View on every Server
    • No...WAY!!!! You cant trust anyone...Get rid of Tac-View on servers!
    • Rotate the usesage from day to day of Tac-View on servers
    • Tac-View is for the birds, I dont use it!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with tacview but allowing the export of world data from lomac at the client end that causes the potential problem and it would be very difficult to tell if someone is using the data.

What a lot of BULLSHITS i see here.

Tacview DO NOT work in live.

it's a tracks only.

there is NO WAY to cheat with it.

For the guys who believe that, go to Vyrtuoz website, and ask to guy who CREATE tacview. and you know that cheat with it is impossible.

And for the people who know my "secret" techniques, it's GREAT, before i do only ET maddog and now people know how evade it easily.

That's forced me to be a better pilot that i was.

and now i have others tricks,

Tacview is a Gift for the Lock on community.

So stop Bullshit, if You are weak someday, don't find stupid answer ( that's count for me too)

And For your information Cool_t when you got shot down very high it's because someone see you high and give information by TS.

That's people call a team ;)

Have a nice fly.

Edited by Mugatu

If they want to cheat let them, I say. Allways have. cheats never rise to the top regardless.

Let me give some of the newer pilots some advice.

Play the game to the best of your "Own" ability. Whether other people cheat or not is irrelevant. Otherwise you will not enjoy lock on Online and end up just being another statistic. You will suspect all losses and all good pilots as cheats. Thats no fun. it just makes you bitter and unable to learn. Cheats, if there are any will either fade away or be found out and banned. Remember, Tacview can and is studied by the best pilots too. They can tell if someone has an unfair advantage.

Ok, so basically what you are saying is to go ahead and let the cheaters win, right? You can ban someones IP address all you want, all he/she has to do is reset the modem, and you ban the spectrum and everyone with that row of IP addresses who play LOMAC online cant in your server.

I suspect cheats all the time and I have good reason to...its because Ive been playing this game for 5 years now and Ive seen it all. How many times have I been spammed by ET's in the face? Exploited? You yourself allow ECM macros in your server, when your squad motto is "Fight Hard Play Fair". Point is, if you allow it, it becomes a problem elsewhere, and if you allow THAT, what else will you allow? A macro of the print screen key?

Im a person who doesnt really believe in zero tolerance, but there has to be zero tolerance of cheats until issues are fixed.

• Like 1

No game will ever be 100% cheat free - period! Luckily most cheaters lack something non-cheaters don't; whether it's skill, lack of SA, enough dedication or plain sense... They are more of a nuisance if you ask me, than a real problem.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

All i see is the same, what i saw in my years here.

Once back in days, and because im such a person, i believed in honor, in fairplay, in a community in respect to eachtoher, killing but also dying in respect, ability to handle problems or security issues toghether and in sportsmanship.

And one thing i will never change, my believe that flying is Art and comes from heart and has nothing to do with settings, hacks or tricks.

So in that naiv believe i always raised my voice if things were or seemed fishy or were a serious problem.

Back in days, as Yoda realeased that Lockon-On exploit Video, many were angry, cuz they said...now its an instruction for all to screw the gameplay online totally.

I supported that announcement, still believing its good, and only thats the way to make things better - for all.

But how things seem in this world, if you cheat, then you are the bad guy of course, if you speak bout cheating you become a whiner or complainer. So everyone keeps mouth shut until private privacy is not touched.

Everyone is asking for proof but not willing and able to see.

Fearing to admit or fearing to realize.

Keeping the shiny reality up for any cost, but not risking headache.

Just politics and reputition.

Once somone said...dont waste your time...you will give them your hand, they will give you the finger....

and it looks like, he was right.

Instead of being able to handle or discuss a serious securtiy issue toghether it turns like always in competitve arguments, attitudes and debates with bad taste.

Everyone seems to have an explanation or his point, but noone is able to

solve things as community.

Not sure if egos drive ppl most...or fear that others may be the worse ones..

Everyone is hiding behind and masking weakness, not realizing that this weakness might be the best strenght.

Buttom line: I will stop sharing things i know. Will stop giving hints and pointing on public problematic zones. I will not take part in this hopeless discussions in forums anymore and dont wanna be subject of all this.

I give it up. I´m not willing to sacrifice myself for nothing.

I dont care ..who hosts how...who cheats how...who knows better or not... nothing will change...nothing.

therefore... i will fly my old philosphie again .... kill them and they become your friends.....dont speak with words.

Cya in the skies.

PS: ..and Groove , das Bier in Bayern geht dann wohl auf mich. :beer: ...just made my glass fully full

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No game will ever be 100% cheat free - period! Luckily most cheaters lack something non-cheaters don't; whether it's skill, lack of SA, enough dedication or plain sense... They are more of a nuisance if you ask me, than a real problem.

I beg to differ...some do show skill. [MyGot] has been hacking games for many years now, since CS came out many many moons ago. Some decent good players, but man they ruined many good games for me...ArmA and Americas Army for starters. Still play em but its hard for me to keep up with em.

Ok, so basically what you are saying is to go ahead and let the cheaters win, right? You can ban someones IP address all you want, all he/she has to do is reset the modem, and you ban the spectrum and everyone with that row of IP addresses who play LOMAC online cant in your server.

...You yourself allow ECM macros in your server, when your squad motto is "Fight Hard Play Fair". Point is, if you allow it, it becomes a problem elsewhere, and if you allow THAT, what else will you allow? A macro of the print screen key?

You let the cheaters win by letting it get to you. We deal with it as best we can and fly for enjoyment. We definitely do not sit back and do nothing. Come on, let that glass be half full :)

If you ban an IP range someone can ask to have their specific IP address let through.

In the many, many hours of flying on the 169th server I have very rarely seen ECM macroing. It is very insignificant and not really worth mentioning. As RVE AS said, you can take the info from the export file and use it to cheat in other ways besides Tacview. It's too important a tool to stop using when people who would use Tacview to cheat will find other ways anyway.

Deal with what we have and move on, but by all means I think it's a good thing to ask these questions and detail how people cheat in MP LO. Maybe DCS will be able to improve on these flaws based on these discussions.

I dont let cheaters get to me when I play. I rarely get any chance to play online now since Im in school most of the time working on my degree, and its extremely aggitating to get shot down by exploiters. It wasted that much of my free time, which in most cases, is roughly 30 minutes + to get to where I need to go to get scores only to be macro'd, print screened, and ghosted. No it doesnt get to me, it wastes what little time I have to play down the drain. Because of that, I find it very hard to want to come online nowadays, its very hard for me to join a squad because its pointless in most cases. Ive wanted to go a2a for many months now, even tried joining up with squads to learn how to do these...but its just a waste of my time because of what is allowed in-game.

I CAN adapt and overcome...I dont have the time or patience to do so anymore because of exploiters. I dont know about TACVIEW being used as an exploit and I dont care. I am thinking really hard on retiring my A-10 after this RedFlag event this saturday because I cant learn anything new or productive anymore, its no longer fun online with all the exploits.

This may all sound like whining to you, but its the cold hard truth to a majority of the community here. If it is a cheat, exploit or anything else that can be classified as an unfair advantage, and can be dealt with properly via server admins, then perhaps the admins need to take charge and deal with them properly.

hitman , i think in many things you are right but worng too.

yes it is frustrating to see somebody bounce off your missle just by warping into space and play with starship glactica, especially when it took a while to get a good missile out or make the right move to even get it out at all. it frustrates me very very often that skill is not needed anymore to win the fight. yes the cheater has won the game, even the psychic war against me when he sees my missles or even bounces of.

thats a fakt nobody in this community can denie, but what happens when you have an admin who uses this way of cheating. some people know who i have in mind but thats past and i do not care.

i can only say hitman, train to kick the cheaters asses and show them that no possible cheat in lockon will get you down besides one, your foe.

show them who has the guts to win a fight no matter what comes and for me it is allways a victory when i see somebody bounce of or fly unusual, cause he addmits to everybody that he is weak, so weak that he needs help from screenshots.

to tell the truth, it is fun to get these cheater out of the sky

ok, tackview is a good tool, but most of us fly in squads and we use the prog there all. where else then in a squad you can fly like in real life, nowhere cause HL is a chaos house when we take a look at it in a tactical aspect.

we do not need tackview in MP in HL

see ya in the virtual skys

It has nothing to do with tacview but allowing the export of world data from lomac at the client end that causes the potential problem and it would be very difficult to tell if someone is using the data.

You don't understand anything mugatu lol

there is NO problem with Tacview, i defend tacview cause it's a great tool to learn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vae Victis

well here's a thing... in some 3-4 years that I flew IL-2 series I never hurd of people suspecting someone cheating... that sim is definitely cheat free...

Because all your left with is to maddog bullets! :D

You don't understand anything mugatu lol

there is NO problem with Tacview, i defend tacview cause it's a great tool to learn.

I dont know why your insisting on tacview. I dont know if it can be used that way, honestly I never even tried it. However I do know anyone with script knowlege will always develop his own means to devise super SA. Be it simple export to a second screen or LCD etc etc the possibilities are almost endless. Everybody knows this, and I wonder why you even bother talking about it as if it was the ONLY way to achieve the same end.

Edited by Pilotasso

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

The only "cheats" that annoy me is when you have a bandit dead to rights, within the NEZ, and their aircraft does a funky chicken warping out of frame and your missile has no chance of hitting.

Strangely enough I haven't seen all that much ECM macro as I used to. Maybe its from not flying as much is some servers or maybe its those people no longer fly.

At anyrate, if someone wants to use tacview in real time while trying to fight somebody, I would generally think that would take more effort than just fighting by one-self, and if they can actually fight better while doing that, more credit to em. That being said, its an unfair advantage of Situational awareness gathered through inappropriate means.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

So, how much cheating actually takes place in organized servers or squads? I would guess cheating is more likely to occur in random Hyperlobby servers than at respectable places (squad servers, matches, ladders etc.), but I don't fly enough combat to really know...

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

I dont let cheaters get to me when I play. I rarely get any chance to play online now since Im in school most of the time working on my degree, and its extremely aggitating to get shot down by exploiters. It wasted that much of my free time, which in most cases, is roughly 30 minutes + to get to where I need to go to get scores only to be macro'd, print screened, and ghosted. No it doesnt get to me, it wastes what little time I have to play down the drain. Because of that, I find it very hard to want to come online nowadays, its very hard for me to join a squad because its pointless in most cases. Ive wanted to go a2a for many months now, even tried joining up with squads to learn how to do these...but its just a waste of my time because of what is allowed in-game.

Sounds like you're EXTREMLY unlucky.:( Ive flown alot of HL in my "Lockon Career" and I rarely encounter any cheat. From time to time one sees some guy warping, but hey, thats no proof of anything, is it. ECM macros are rare and Ive never encountered a bandit which seems to have perfect SA and dodge all my missiles. Usually when I die, I know what I did wrong and change to the next time.

People are very qiuck in yelling CHEATER!, coz they thought they were invincible. I even got accused of ECM-blinking when I was using normal ECM (coz of the blinking nature of a ECM strobe on the Russian HUD...

But then again, im not saying that these cheaters do not exist. Sure, someone surley faced one on HL or whatever, but I think they make up <1% of the people flying LO.

Edited by X-man
  • Like 1

2075291193_EDSig.png.650cd56f2b9a043311112721c4215a47.png

64th Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 135.181.115.54

:huh: 1v1 or TCL is the place to "speak" this kind (didnt i shot and gunned u b4? :music_whistling:) ...PS: it was a joke, dont turn it in "im better bla bla pointings "..cuz then...Welcome ... :devil: and what are "Moves" ?:megalol:

kiss kiss .. Peace

PS: i was talking bout your lovely maddoging one 120 in each corner thing , hehe

I dont get it? Your mig pulled some nice moves when we were knife fighting.

Ill accept your congratulations on my 1 120 maddoding in each corner, thanks. Its not easy to Mach 1.4 in the desending serpent while spofing ET, R-77s, Ers, Ems, and R-73s.

Its all about the pilot anyways, spraypainting my tactics with watercolors does not help in BVR or in a knife fight.

What a lot of BULLSHITS i see here.

So stop Bullshit, if You are weak someday, don't find stupid answer ( that's count for me too)

And For your information Cool_t when you got shot down very high it's because someone see you high and give information by TS.

That's people call a team ;)

Have a nice fly.

Ok so now some one called me out, ok thats mega cool!!! I thought it was the SAM that called me out? Like ICE said who ever does the exploit thing will not make it to the top anyways.

I realy think that your over extending your emotions, DO YOU HAVE THE TAC-VIEW TRACK of that engagement? Lets see how you took off from the air field and put your nose right on me. I would love to be able to do that to some one that is up at 45,000ft at Mach 2.

So, how much cheating actually takes place in organized servers or squads? I would guess cheating is more likely to occur in random Hyperlobby servers than at respectable places (squad servers, matches, ladders etc.), but I don't fly enough combat to really know...

It goes far beyond my knoledge, but when you get good, I mean realy good, it doesnt matter.

Us "Sitting Duck" Frog pilots alway suspected you glamour boys were doing the dirty;) ... only kidding,

IMO, cheaters deserved to get named and shamed, then banned, even on the main forums.

Sad to think that some of our most valued and trused pilots on lomac, are seriously thinking of hanging up there joysticks because of those cheaters, hope you ED boys are heads up on this problem and trying to combat the exploits.

I dont know why your insisting on tacview. I dont know if it can be used that way, honestly I never even tried it. However I do know anyone with script knowlege will always develop his own means to devise super SA. Be it simple export to a second screen or LCD etc etc the possibilities are almost endless. Everybody knows this, and I wonder why you even bother talking about it as if it was the ONLY way to achieve the same end.

Why i insist ?

Cause i'm not selfish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tacview is a great way to learn and increase skill.

If people don't defend acmi, it will no longer have any server who allow it.

And people who just start Lock on MUST have the same chances that old pilots has.

all i read here is : ME......, ME .......... blablabla.

I think that acmi is a gift for lock on COMMUNITY

and i don't want that some guys angry against acmi for some dirt rumors leads to the end of using acmi in HL.

If i'm a bit good in LO, it's from a large part with the help of acmi.

And i don't want that new comers have no way to learn.

I don't want servers fulls of noob cause there is no challenge.

Strongs opponents makes you stronger too.

My 2cents but i never give up for acmi.

PS: stop giving ideas for people who could make these cheats ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vae Victis

Ok so now some one called me out, ok thats mega cool!!! I thought it was the SAM that called me out? Like ICE said who ever does the exploit thing will not make it to the top anyways.

I realy think that your over extending your emotions, DO YOU HAVE THE TAC-VIEW TRACK of that engagement? Lets see how you took off from the air field and put your nose right on me. I would love to be able to do that to some one that is up at 45,000ft at Mach 2.

:megalol: Man u say ur a tough pilot with mega secret extra moves but obviousely u can not understand that u can still be hit by a mach 3.5 R77 even at 47000 feet at mach2 :music_whistling:

I saw the SAM vertical smoke and i scanned and u were too fast to maneuver u spofed an ET but the Adder got you....just review your acmi and ull see that SAM was firing just before my noze goes high...

U like killing awacs and sneaking behind enemy lines to attack from behind so dont be surprised if the ennemy kills you :thumbup:

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Perhaps this could be a suggestion to the next release of tacview. Make it so that tacview can not be running while Lock On is running. No idea how the tacview scripting is made, but if they can create a script that allows people to supposively cheat, I'm sure the next tacview can have a script that wont let it and lock on run at the same time but wont let tacview run without it.

i have lately really enjoyed the use of tac-view0.92,

and have to say it is amazing and a credit to the author.

the ability to see what the hell happened,

and then easily rewind and review from what ever angle or

aircraft and whatever moment in time is brilliant.

have recently been experimenting with running a lockon server,

selecting record track instead of hitting fly when starting a mission to create a track file .

i have been recording the tracks on the server for our amusement/education,

and then replaying the tracks in fast fwd to aquire the all important tacview file.

when joining a server,

does the client have this option to select record track?

if this is the case, individuals joining servers without tacview enabled,

would then be able to make a tacview file from the track they record themselves.

unless i have missed something,

wouldn't this be the ideal solution to keep things honest.

Edited by G3

yeah the trick of record a Trackfile is well-known

and the record ability is made by the computer not by the server.

No-one can disable this.

But that really piss off (sorry for word but it's the only one here) to review all even in accelerated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vae Victis

i have lately really enjoyed the use of tac-view0.92,

and have to say it is amazing and a credit to the author.

the ability to see what the hell happened,

and then easily rewind and review from what ever angle or

aircraft and whatever moment in time is brilliant.

have recently been experimenting with running a lockon server,

selecting record track instead of hitting fly when starting a mission to create a track file .

i have been recording the tracks on the server for our amusement/education,

and then replaying the tracks in fast fwd to aquire the all important tacview file.

when joining a server,

does the client have this option to select record track?

if this is the case, individuals joining servers without tacview enabled,

would then be able to make a tacview file from the track they record themselves.

unless i have missed something,

wouldn't this be the ideal solution to keep things honest.

I think this the best solution and the 104th Phoenix is thinking about going back to that orginal setting. This eleminates the possibility that people are using this to thier advantage live on the server. It's pretty silly to say that it "Can't be Done" after all it is just code :book:. If you want to view your tactview you simply just have to play back the track. If you are really concerned about an engagment or just want to learn, the extra time shouldnt be an issue.. right? :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]