SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View

SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View  

49 members have voted

1. 1. SERVERS that use/alow ACMI-Tac-View

• Ahhh...I trust everyone, use Tac-View on every Server
    • No...WAY!!!! You cant trust anyone...Get rid of Tac-View on servers!
    • Rotate the usesage from day to day of Tac-View on servers
    • Tac-View is for the birds, I dont use it!

Coolt simple had a good day, it has nothing to do with disabled LUA ;]

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll explain my point to you a bit clearer then ,

no offence , but your the most paranoid regular I know in HL.

It wasn't long ago you were sounding out every guy that lagged as a print screening cheat.

Now your trying to make out that everything is easier now LUA export has been disabled.:smilewink:

It seemed easier to shoot you down the other day but im sure that has nothing todo with TacView or does it.:alien:

Mr. Frost1e

Ahhhh, no offence taken but your making a moutain out of a sand box. Whats the problem with Tac-View being disabled. There have been many acusations of using Tac-View, I just started a post about it. Mind you this is the first time I have addressed the TAC-VIEW issues publicaly. Frost1e I am far from paranoid, im just interested in finding out about how the comunity thinks about Tac-View. I will tell you again to read the fourm rules, theres a fine line between discussion and your opinion "Stick to the topic" dont worry about me and how hard or easy it is to kill me. Some players can just keep "Rideing the Bubble" go ahead, see what happens when former squad members "Nark" out other former friends. I realy dont care if the whole world of HL uses Tac-View or any other exploit as a cheat it will not discourage me or my will to become a better "VIRTUAL" pilot.

P.S. If I can see a guy warping I dont call out "Printscreener" I say "DIE WARPER" get it right kid.

Edited by cool_t

Coolt simple had a good day, it has nothing to do with disabled LUA ;]

Ok, how do you know? How does anyone know if anybody was using Tac-View as a cheat? We dont, right? Its all just speculation and he said she said deal. Realy ask your self "Do you think that with even the posibility that one can use Tac-View as a cheat" and there is "No way to prove it" should it be baned from high profile servers? If I was an owner of a server I would not even take that risk.

:thumbup:

Why are you always lecturing people about the "rules"? I find your posts mostly unintelligible, and unworthy of response in most cases, but if someone wants to call BS on something you say- the best you can do is make veiled threats about something you have no power to enforce? Please. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

But- I DO know how YOU fly your plane- and it's hardly skillful in the technical sense. I doubt that you are "falling victim" to Tacview exploiters.

Personally- I am against lua exports because of the potential contained therein. Anything that might allow a client or a server Admin for that matter (like in a squadron war setting for example) to see things they normally cannot see in real time= bad.

Does that mean I think it's some widespread problem? No. I simply prefer that the data is not made available to people that might CHEAT with it.

I hope the exports are left off, but the [owners] can do as they wish. I'm not interested in some boycott or whatever. I'm just going to fly. If someone is misusing an application- it will come out sooner or later.

Most online servers that have both aspects of the mission have always favored the air to air players. Currently there are 3 (possibly 4) servers that include both a2a and a2g, and the VAST majority fly a2a preference in those servers. If you only have 2-3 people in the bomber wing, and the server(s) have 20,000 units on the map and 19,999 of them are SAMS or a/a capability, how much work do you think is going to get done? Personally I think the mission designers who put these missions up in the first place delve WAAAAY too deep into the mission building. These same servers are basically called air-quake servers. People just want to go online and score kills in these servers and thats it. You wont catch me doing a2g in a server that features both aspects unless Im on comms with a team.

+10

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Why are you always lecturing people about the "rules"? I find your posts mostly unintelligible, and unworthy of response in most cases, but if someone wants to call BS on something you say- the best you can do is make veiled threats about something you have no power to enforce? Please. Sit down before you hurt yourself.

But- I DO know how YOU fly your plane- and it's hardly skillful in the technical sense. I doubt that you are "falling victim" to Tacview exploiters.

Personally- I am against lua exports because of the potential contained therein. Anything that might allow a client or a server Admin for that matter (like in a squadron war setting for example) to see things they normally cannot see in real time= bad.

Does that mean I think it's some widespread problem? No. I simply prefer that the data is not made available to people that might CHEAT with it.

I hope the exports are left off, but the [owners] can do as they wish. I'm not interested in some boycott or whatever. I'm just going to fly. If someone is misusing an application- it will come out sooner or later.

Ok, so you do feel a bit the way I do about Tac-View and just as alot of other people, thats a start.

As far as my TACTICS go, (and I wont get personal because I folow rules) You should get in a F-15c with me and trail, you will learn alot. Obviously its seems that I need to turn the heat up again and quit spanking arround close to the ground.

Please by all means join us on line reguardless of how dumb or how elementry my tactics are or how you think I am.

Ill give you even more of an advantage ILL NEVER SHOOT DOWN an A-50 or AWAX in any server im in.

No disrespect to all, but the host will ALWAYS host what they want. Our crap opinions does not mater squat. Basically making this thread obsolete IMO. I wished it could be better for you guys. But it’s not.. I have given up in MP Sessions a long time. Tried to came back to familiar faces.I Actually, I miss the 77th servers when they where up....

I disagree. Perhaps you missed it earlier in this thread but the 169th currently has a 7 day trial without data export and the 104th also currently has data export disabled. Both as a direct result of this thread.

Cheers!

How many people are really worried that they are getting shot down constantly because someone multitasking with separate programs on another monitor? Seriously, how can this even be considered a cheat or hacking?

Unethical? Yes. But a major cheat that completely unbalances the game? No.

In a TDM server, intentionally Tk'ing awacs and switching sides has a greater effect on the game. (Lemming flight will have a hell of a time opperating that fancy thing called a radar)

Print-screening has a greater effect on the game. (So lame anyone can do it)

Sitting on comms with teammates has greater effect on the game. (God I wish we had built in VoIP)

Drinking a fine double malt scotch while flying has a greater effect on the game. (While maybe not a scotch, alcohol has been consumed by a vast majority [of legal age of course] while flying online)

The point is, you guys have blown this way out of proportion of the seriousness of the "problem". Which would probably entail a very small fraction of those who play this game, if of course people actually take advantage of luaexport enabled.

• Like 1

Drinking a fine double malt scotch while flying has a greater effect on the game. (While maybe not a scotch, alcohol has been consumed by a vast majority [of legal age of course] while flying online)

This can really helps :D I know about this, more and more often I use it to play :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

....You should get in a F-15c with me and trail, you will learn alot. Obviously its seems that I need to turn the heat up again and quit spanking arround close to the ground....

:huh:

That's rich.......;)

As the Arabian Proverb states - "Arrogance diminishes wisdom". Maybe something to ponder over a wee dram of Single Malt :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Most online servers that have both aspects of the mission have always favored the air to air players. Currently there are 3 (possibly 4) servers that include both a2a and a2g, and the VAST majority fly a2a preference in those servers. If you only have 2-3 people in the bomber wing, and the server(s) have 20,000 units on the map and 19,999 of them are SAMS or a/a capability, how much work do you think is going to get done? Personally I think the mission designers who put these missions up in the first place delve WAAAAY too deep into the mission building. These same servers are basically called air-quake servers. People just want to go online and score kills in these servers and thats it. You wont catch me doing a2g in a server that features both aspects unless Im on comms with a team.

No disrespect to all, but the host will ALWAYS host what they want. Our crap opinions does not mater squat. Basically making this thread obsolete IMO. I wished it could be better for you guys. But it’s not.. I have given up in MP Sessions a long time. Tried to came back to familiar faces.I Actually, I miss the 77th servers when they where up....

+10

Me thinks you are uninformed. In the case of 169th I can say that the mission was made after client feedback to please everybody at the same time. Unfortunatly like everything else, most of the time what people (sometimes those who scream the loudest) want isnt what is best for all.

They wanted more AWACS cover more SAM coverage, and everytime someone screamed one team had more defenses, the more defenses were added (rather than removed), and the cicle would restart from the other team.

After a few hours of SEAD (its rather frustrating before you take enough time to discover what and how to hit, but it gets donne), or anti AWACS I have watched the team on the opposing side scream they had no cover that it was unfair, etc etc over and over again.

-"oh my god we are blind now"

-"You awacs is replaced faster than ours"

-"You got better AWACS defenses than us"

-"all we do is to defend AWACS"

yadda yadda yadda...

bolox... I flew for the 2 sides and I know better. Try the same.

I will repeat... cover your assets, use the radar and dont rely on AWACS or SAM's too much. (they might be gone by the time you join ;) )

Frankly If I had time and talent to design missions I would put only essential defenses at key locations and no AWACS or put their orbit farther away no matter who screams the loudest.

Then would add a script to rotate the mission from the moment any essential mission objectives had been met, like the destruction of EW, awacs or the removal of defenses at the home base of either side, or exaust avaiable aircraft limit.

To be babysitted by AWACS or SAM's as if they were self sufficient is an utter and total mistake/nonsense.

In essense, my point is:

Mission builders do care what you have to say, but the collective player opinion on how it should be donne is what causes the simptoms your complaining. The community needs to be educated by the means of common sense from the designers (i.e. not being democratic at all :D ).

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

How many people are really worried that they are getting shot down constantly because someone multitasking with separate programs on another monitor? Seriously, how can this even be considered a cheat or hacking?

The point is, you guys have blown this way out of proportion of the seriousness of the "problem". Which would probably entail a very small fraction of those who play this game, if of course people actually take advantage of luaexport enabled.

Well spoken! Disabling exports will steepen the learning curves of the new guys. And it makes it harder to identify those people that cheat using other means, like loading up 6 ETs and such.

Frankly If I had time and talent to design missions I would put only essential defenses at key locations and no AWACS or put their orbit farther away no matter who screams the loudest.

Then would add a script to rotate the mission from the moment any essential mission objectives had been met, like the destruction of EW, awacs or the removal of defenses at the home base of either side, or exaust avaiable aircraft limit.

What can we do to give you time and talent :smilewink:

There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ever lasting paid vacations? :D

naaa... Im too damm busy at the JOB (new custumer contracts), I havent even had much time at weekends but to be more commodist and only play LOMAC in the 2 hours before I go to bed (rather exausted). Even the chick I have been dating with complains (she has been having weird timetables too) as we have difficulty finding time to meet (good thing she wants me BAD though LMAO :D )

Edited by Pilotasso

My PC specs below:

In one server you get a repeated cycle of AWAX on, AWAX off.:D

:megalol::megalol:

Excellent Frost1e-San :thumbup:

:megalol::megalol:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Can you honestly say that joining a mission +10 hours into it that you have a full compression of what has gone on in those previous 10 hours you weren't playing the game? Which ground assets are intact, which have been destroyed, and which are simply reloading under a bridge. Lockon sadly doesn't give you a sitrep when you join a game, rather you must learn this by being killed on the ground or shortly after take-off, or even the slight chance a player will comment on the status of the AB in text chat.

I agree wholeheartedly with hitmans statement on the principle that there is more than SEAD to A2G operations. From a A2A fighters perspective thats all they really care about. Yeah I do enjoy taking point-defense sams in my A-10, but really its just to get to that pretty convoy of T-80s down there. Not to mention a whole host of other missions which are rarely played out online. No-one should miss the joy of droping a GBU-27 from the Sim-mod A-10 on a bridge, bunker, or what have you.

In the end though, the deciding factor in how this game is played online are the new people who stick around for a while but never really joing a squad. The one's who sole interest in this game is to blow stuff up. They are the same crowd that jump in the 3sqn server and leave because they start at least 200 km from the nearest enemy base, or they don't hear the sweet sarination of the Awacs lady immediatly.

Anyways back on topic

Tacview = good

Hax0rs who techically might not exist = bad (technically)

As far as my TACTICS go, (and I wont get personal because I folow rules) You should get in a F-15c with me and trail, you will learn alot.

It would simplify my profile, to be sure. I wouldn't need to map out my TDC, or my lock/ unlock function.

Please by all means join us on line reguardless of how dumb or how elementry my tactics are or how you think I am.

Ill give you even more of an advantage ILL NEVER SHOOT DOWN an A-50 or AWAX in any server im in.

I'm online all the time, homie. :D

• Like 1

LOL whats an AWAX? :huh:

Its a high asset vehicle that gets waxed often! :D

In one server you get a repeated cycle of AWAX on, AWAX off.:D

thou shall become a true master of thy arts! :D LOL

My PC specs below:

I think the better solving it is recording of Tacview tracks by server. After each mission this track is put on web-site by script. Like here for example.

Peter has been paid without robbing Paul :smilewink:.

Tried today - no signs of local ACMI files. Though server ACMI are available for download.

May be someone try to implement this scheme on other servers?

"...Я вижу тебя сквозь сетку прицела,

Сквозь дымку от залпа ракет,

Я вижу тебя пока еще целым -

Винтовку, чалму и бешмет"