HMAS Melbourne R21 (1980)

Hello All,

==================================================================

NOTICE:  (April 7, 2021)  HMAS Melbourne v1.1 is updated on ED's User Files for download.

==================================================================

HMAS Melbourne II (R21) is released.   You will find it with all of my liveries and mods here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/sort-is-date_desc/user-is-Bungo/apply/?PER_PAGE=100

** Be sure to download all the download parts **

(I had to split it up to overcome the 300MB upload limit on the User Files)

Launches the Hornet, Tomcat, Harrier, and the A-4E-C (EFM Only), and any helo you care to use.. There will be 3 variants included:

• HMAS Melbourne (Fixed Wing) - This is the main variant and will launch and recover all the aircraft mentioned above.  It has a workaround to enable the A-4 Skyhawk to launch with any payload as, at 43m long, the catapult is very short (Nimitz class is ~115m in sim).
  • HMAS Melbourne (Fixed Wing - WIP) - This is the same as above wbut with the catapult actually at 43m.  The Tomcat and Hornet will launch from it with varying degrees of success.  It's purpose is for me to try to get the A-4 working with the native length catapult definition.  Use at your own discression.
  • Majestic Class STOVL - a fictional ASW/LPH variant without the bridle arrestor, mirror landing aid, catapult and arresting gear.

Will include the following liveries:

HMAS Melbourne (Fixed Wing) (inc WIP):

- 1970s with yellow markings on flight deck

- 1980s with red markings on flight deck

- 1960s with solid yellow and white flight deck markings

- ARA Veinticinco de Mayo (V2)

- NAeL Minas Gerais (A11)

- HMCS Bonaventure (R22)

- HMS Centaur (R06)

- HMS Warrior (R31)

Majestic Class STOVL:

- HMAS Sydney (R17) - Fictioinal upgrade to an LPH

- HMS Albion (R07)

- HMS Bulwark (R08)

RAN 805 Squadron liveries for all these and HMAS Vampire and Vendetta for the battle group can be found here:

Bungo's DCS Skins and Ships

The Oliver Hazard Perry Class was the basis of the RAN's Adelaide class, so they can be added for some variation to the battle group.

Regards

Bungo

m15.jpg

m13.jpg

m12.jpg

m16.jpg

m18.jpg

m6.jpg

m7.jpg

m8.jpg

m10.jpg

m11.jpg

Screen_210113_205241.png

Screen_210115_193143.jpg

Edited by Bungo
Releasecx the mod, so updatig the OP
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 5

Hey Bungo, looks brilliant mate, well done. BTW, is the S-2 Tracker available as AI in the game or statics? Where do you get it from?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Not sure of the lineage of the S-2, so It's not mine to say if it can or can't be released.  It's not included with the Melbourne.

Ok, all good. Would be good to discover who did the S-2, then add a RAN Sea King to complete the Air Wing.

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

@Bungo first of all, congratulations for your amazing work !

Now i'm really curious about one thing... in real life could this ship launch a fully loaded Hornet or Tomcat ? they are really heavy planes and the Melbourne is a late WW2 project.

Can't wait to play a mission with the A-4 Skyhawk with this carrier !

Edited by TempestRiser

I have a Sea King on the back-burner.

skmax1.thumb.png.1a769439ea0acdb73da3f2c0b9c8f890.png
Sweet!!!!!

Finalmente, o pessoal dos moderadores estão compreendendo que se formos esperar que ED lançe alguma coisa diferente para nos, amantes do game, estaremos perdidos.  A aviação naval teve um grande desenvolvimento ao longo dos anos 60- 70 e 80, participando de varios conflitos ao longo destes anos. Tive dois modulos antigos que ED quebrou os codigos que foi o F9F Panther , o F8U Cruzader , mas eu gostaria de ver estes mods ativos de novo. Tenho esperança de poder voar o  SeaKing, um excelente helicoptero que faz falta no DCS.

Torço para que o nosso amigo Bungo, finalize o seu trabalho para a nossa alegria.

Muito obrigado, amigo e va em frente com os seus projetos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bonnie's catapult lived on in Melbourne after she was decommissioned.

So is HMS Warrior the angled deck after the conversion that would become ARA Independencia or is it the straight deck that served as HMCS Warrior?

Also, could you do a skin for HMCS Magnificent? She would be closer to Warrior than Bonnie was.

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

HMCS Magnificent was a straight through deck for all of it's service life as far as I can tell.  I don't have arrestors for a straight through deck.  I could make something, but not for the inital release.  Nothing to stop people from adding liveries if they wish.  The more the merrier.  I can produce a template for anyone interested...eventually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1