F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

Kev2go

F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)  

679 members have voted

1. 1. F/A18E/F Super Hornets block 1 and BLock 2 E/F ( lot 26)

• Yes, its a feasible as a potential future module
    • No

1 minute ago, EA-18G_BlockII said:

yeah im talking about this 

so it was canted as well? @SkateZilla

image.png

USN Cancelled it before receiving, IIRC.

Unit was originally supposed to be part of Block II upgrades, but USN Delayed it to Block III to divert funds to the F-35 Program.

FPU-13 Fuel Tank, Fitted with AN/ASG-34.

Budget cuts in the Hornet Program, removed a lot of Block III Extras.

IIRC Boeing is still developing the pod for potentional FMS Market orders, and if the USN Changes their mind again.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 3 weeks later...

I dont know if theres any..Faq about this question but, will the super hornet ever see the light of day in dcs? Honestly i feel like it would be such a great addition. Honestly it IS fine if it cannot be added due to not enough information, not currently your interest BUT i do think it should be added personally.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Killshot0597 said:

@upyr1If you didn't know there is a G.91 module being developed by Inda Foxt Echo, Leatherneck's F-8J, Flying Iron Simulation's A-7E, Mig-23 by Razbam, Mirage F.1 by Aegres. Pretty good and diverse roster of early to to mid cold-war era modules under development! 

I have the f-1 and plan to buy the rest. I would love to see the Korean era get some more attention. In my books the early cold war period ends in 1953. 

On 8/9/2021 at 5:20 PM, Killshot0597 said:

Also of note is a Mig-17 by Red Star simulations. With Red Star Simulations they are aspiring to be a 3rd party and aren't official yet, so at the very least treat their Mig-17 project as a mod as of now.

I am happy about that now we need a Thud.

I would have no problems with a super hornet either. 

Edited by upyr1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 7:51 AM, Tincan2424 said:

I dont know if theres any..Faq about this question but, will the super hornet ever see the light of day in dcs? Honestly i feel like it would be such a great addition. Honestly it IS fine if it cannot be added due to not enough information, not currently your interest BUT i do think it should be added personally.

TL;DR: The Super Hornet could be made to Lot 29 as the AESA radar wasn't introduced until Lot 30. But, the Advanced Crew Station in Block II restricts us to a Lot 25 Hornet. The Higher-Order Language also restricts us to a Lot 24 Hornet, which has the old Green displays that we know the Legacy Hornet has. So either we get a Lot 24, or we wait until the HOL is unclassified enough for the Super Hornet to be made (Until it is, we don't even know the MFD displays of the Super Hornet).

On 3/16/2023 at 11:23 PM, EA-18G_BlockII said:

@SkateZilla a little bit off topic but it seems the US wasnt really fond of JHMCS2 and still sticking with the 1st gen JHMCS on deep upgraded fighters such as F-15EX, F/A-18E/F Block 3?

so why not just adopt the Scorpion HMD at this point?  

that itself was superior to JHMCS gen 1 and the  ANG already adopted those years ago on thier F16's and A10's.

Or is Thales stealing any more of the market from Elbit a no no ? 

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

26 minutes ago, Kev2go said:

so why not just adopt the Scorpion HMD at this point?  

that itself was superior to JHMCS gen 1 and the  ANG already adopted those years ago on thier F16's and A10's.

Or is Thales stealing any more of the market from Elbit a no no ? 

Does the Scorpion have AIM-9X capability? Because the A-10C IIs Scorpion has no AIM-9X capability (The A-10 we have can't carry AIM-9Xs) and I don't think I have seen a Scorpion HMD symbology color that isn't green.

2 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

Does the Scorpion have AIM-9X capability? Because the A-10C IIs Scorpion has no AIM-9X capability (The A-10 we have can't carry AIM-9Xs) and I don't think I have seen a Scorpion HMD symbology color that isn't green.

AFAIK thats only becuase Aim9X's haven't been integrated on A10's. Its not a fighter, its a subsonic ground attack aircraft thats been operating in uncontested airspace . So it hasn't been a priority.

Wheras ANG previously had mostly block 25-32 modernized F16's even as ANG gets more block 40 and block 50' hand me downs from USAF they want to replace JHMCS with Scorpion HMD on those  well. 

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/digital-battlespace/us-air-national-guard-adopts-scorpion-hmd-for-f-16-pilots/

Even some European operators of F16A MLUS  ( which run common M series software tape that USAF  block 40thru 52 do )  have been replacing Jhmcs with scorpion, and have access to AIm9X

https://www.key.aero/article/aim-9x-belgian-f-16s

https://www.key.aero/article/belgian-air-force-f-16s-transition-jhmcs-scorpion-hmd

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 weeks later...

@SilentSparrow The purpose of this thread is sharing classified information discussing feasibility of Super Hornet in DCS, the fact that its development would delay modules that are more interesting and would bring more to the game than "Hornet, but a bit bigger" is most certainly a valid argument against making it a priority (if the necessary data to start development was even there of course), especially considering insane amounts of work that would have to be put into it to make it a reality.

ED (or third party devs) should be able to hear opinions both for and against to be able to gauge community interest before making business decisions and threads like this are as good a place for sharing those opinions as any

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 8:05 AM, Dr_Pavelheer said:

@SilentSparrow The purpose of this thread is sharing classified information discussing feasibility of Super Hornet in DCS, the fact that its development would delay modules that are more interesting and would bring more to the game than "Hornet, but a bit bigger" is most certainly a valid argument against making it a priority (if the necessary data to start development was even there of course), especially considering insane amounts of work that would have to be put into it to make it a reality.

ED (or third party devs) should be able to hear opinions both for and against to be able to gauge community interest before making business decisions and threads like this are as good a place for sharing those opinions as any

This is so much more than "Hornet, but a bit bigger". It actually can simulate post-2006 Naval Ops accurately with early Super Hornets and late Legacy Hornets (We have the F/A-18C Lot 20 in DCS). One way you might see this is that in Raven One, Baltic Dragon can finally give VFA-91 the Super Hornets that were described in the book. And anyways, the Su-34 and J-8PP don't neatly fit in any niche in DCS (J-8PP especially).

@SilentSparrow J8PP is more interesting than Super Hornet because it is the first domestic Chinese fighter in game, even if it has American instead of Israeli domestic avionics, and technologically it's somewhere between Mig-23 and Mirage 2000.

Su-34 isn't happening ever, but if it did it would be pretty cool because it's basically Strike Flanker.

Both are much more interesting than slightly different Hornet that doesn't bring anything new to the game.

How can people demand Super Hornet when we already have late legacy one and we still don't have naval Phantom

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

@SilentSparrow J8PP is more interesting than Super Hornet because it is the first domestic Chinese fighter in game, even if it has American instead of Israeli domestic avionics, and technologically it's somewhere between Mig-23 and Mirage 2000.

Su-34 isn't happening ever, but if it did it would be pretty cool because it's basically Strike Flanker.

Both are much more interesting than slightly different Hornet that doesn't bring anything new to the game.

How can people demand Super Hornet when we already have late legacy one and we still don't have naval Phantom

J-8PPs literally an American jet basically. The Su-34 base maaaaaay happen as its radar is unclassified. J-8PP surely is NOT interesting.

24 minutes ago, SilentSparrow said:

J-8PPs literally an American jet basically. The Su-34 base maaaaaay happen as its radar is unclassified. J-8PP surely is NOT interesting.

The Su-34 radar is unclassified?

10 hours ago, Dr_Pavelheer said:

How can people demand Super Hornet

Very easily, we don't have one, so people want it. It's simple.

• Like 6

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

On 5/25/2023 at 10:53 AM, Dr_Pavelheer said:

They are really walking a slippery slope with stuff like the j8pp. 

Screenshot_20230527-154551_Samsung Internet.jpg

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

• 4 weeks later...

Any chance at all that we may see an FA-18E/F Super Hornet update or a completely new mod? I mean... They did that with the A-10A/C, and now we've went from an F-15C to an F-15E Strike Eagle. So it's only fair that us US Navy veterans get to see a Superbug someday soon.

• Like 1

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

Any chance at all that we may see an FA-18E/F Super Hornet update or a completely new mod? I mean... They did that with the A-10A/C, and now we've went from an F-15C to an F-15E Strike Eagle. So it's only fair that us US Navy veterans get to see a Superbug someday soon.

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

I think fairness should not be a part of it. It's business. If ED can make it and sell it, then they might do it in the coming years. We are not even sure if they can make the earliest production version of the Rhino (which should have more or less the same capabilities as the legacy hornet we have in-game). 

Oh, and they have to get their hornet out of EA first 🙂

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 2