Next patch for the Hornet?

AstonMartinDBS

As I have said before I think ED needs to expand its internal beta testing group.  I have repeatedly volunteered my time to no avail.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

personally, i dont mind waiting for the clouds until they're ready and bug-free. but couldn't the hornet be updated in the meantime?there are a couple of game braking bugs right now, that many of us would enjoy seeing fixed. also the new hornet features look exciting and would sweeten the wait for those breathtaking clouds 😃

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HILOK said:

there are a couple of game braking bugs right now, that many of us would enjoy seeing fixed. 

The new hornet features and clouds will be great for sure, but I'm hardly waiting for the fixing of exactly those bugs.

2.7 update will be a huge step for DCS and I understand, that ED doesn't want to release anoter 2.5.6.x patch. So we have to wait and respect EDs deliberated decision.

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• ED Team
13 hours ago, hotrod525 said:

ED could release a "Cloud Patch" and chance's are, that most of the community if not the "whole" will be super happy. Just like it happen with 2.5.

But most of us do understand that you folks need time to get the things done properly 🙂

No, not possible, we have a lot of changes and tweaks centred around the clouds, but we also have major updates for other stuff, like the hornet for example. 

16 hours ago, Jerec said:

Delaying the patch again and again doesn´t  automatically mean, that more bugs will be fixed or more features will be added!

It´s a matter of credibility! 

No one wants a patch as quickly as possible! But patience has it limits!  Better thing would be not to announce a date! Telling us, the patch will be released, when it´s ready, would be a better thing than always cancelling release dates! 

So no one believes that the patch will be out next week! 

We can not make everyone happy no matter how we share dates, however sharing our plans from the start and being open and honest about changes as soon as they happen is the best way for us we have found. 

thanks for being patient 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 4/7/2021 at 2:42 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The longer patch cycles have been really good for us testing wise, and personally feel it is much better now than ever, but yes we understand some want it as quickly as possible. 

It has been much improved since then. And as you can tell, the community is a lot calmer and doesn't complain as much as some might have anticipated. Remember this time last year? Every patch must have set you and the community into panic mode, because essential stuff broke. Keep it up, you're on the right track.

Edited by Slant
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

On 4/7/2021 at 8:47 AM, Jerec said:

Delaying the patch again and again doesn´t  automatically mean, that more bugs will be fixed or more features will be added!

No one wants a patch as quickly as possible! But patience has it limits!  Better thing would be not to announce a date! Telling us, the patch will be released, when it´s ready, would be a better thing than always cancelling release dates! 

Man sometimes I sympathize with ED... The irony here is what you ask for is counterproductive to the larger goal you say you want. Its an absolute truth in software development that strict adherence to frequently updated incremental releases is horribly inefficient. If what you want is the best game as fast as possible, shut up and let them work.

There will always be delays in development. Sometimes you plan well and release as planned, sometimes you don't. If you have to waste a week getting an incremental patch ready for public release before it logically makes sense from a development perspective, that week is wasted. It is spent only on that incremental release and has negligible bearing on the final product.

And btw, the whole "everybody knows that" or "nobody believes you ED" thing  is Trumpy and unpersuasive. I'm honestly not trying to pick on you, just noting that relying on inaccurate broad characterizations like you have, particularly when they are obviously untrue (I disagree with almost every sentence you wrote and I suspect many others feel the same). It distracts from the point you're trying to argue rather than augment it.

Just chill a bit. Even if the community agree with your viewepoint the incentive you create for ED is to reduce the amount of information they share regarding their development plan. There will always be delays and the product features will also change, forcing strict adherence to the information they release will not change that, it will only change the amount of information they release.

• Like 4

just a dude who probably doesn't know what he's talking about

On 4/7/2021 at 4:47 PM, Jerec said:

I completely disagree with you, speak for yourself but not the other DCS users.

Eagle Dynamics are in this for the long run, they’re not going to release a half baked module and then sit and count their money. Software development is difficult, you can’t stick to strict release schedules all the time, if ever. If a developer always hits its deadlines with all the features in place, they’ve probably already finished their project before they announce the release date. 

The Hornet is in development, if you can’t stand the incremental nature of the early access model, then don’t buy into it. 

2 hours ago, Q3ark said:

... If a developer always hits its deadlines with all the features in place, they’ve probably already finished their project before they announce the release date...

hehehe... this sounds wrong... didn't they hit their deadline?

If a developer always hits deadlines, probably lieing about how long it will take 🙂

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52