DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

Why not

a) talk to the wife and get her to give you the time needed

b) make yourself a learning plan and learn the aircraft before flying the campaign

c) do it right to start with. A little planning/preparation before the mission can and will go a long way ;)

You will find that when b) is accomplished, and provided a), c) becomes much more enjoyable and in addition you get to complete things faster.

Indeed, the simulation has a very steep learning curve, and the lack of savegame is very disheartening for newcomers. It is also disheartening for peoples (like me) which can not spend several contiguous hours because they have some family responsibility (the Wife Agreement Factor !). Therefore, I play in a frustrating way, using time acceleration (and “warp” in other Sims, for example).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Engine failure due to sand: Possible feature ?

Hello,

I am currently reading an A-10 book about pilots during Operation Desert Storm. Normally desert sand is no good at all for most jet planes because of wear and abrasion, but not for the A-10's turbofan enginesDesert sand actually "cleans" the engine system and so the sand present in Iraq and Kuwait it ok for A-10's.

However an idea popped into my mind about engine wear in general.

I don't think this feature is implemented in DCS-A-10C. For example bird strikes killing engines, or grass getting whopped into the turbofan engines, or dust, small rocks, etc, etc...

I think if DCS could implement such a feature it would make the sim even more realistic. I know that the engines are placed so that no foreign object can get into the turbofans, however, I'm sure it's still possible during great winds, or dust storms, etc...

This wear would result in less power, and so the pilot would have to manage carefully the plane in order to be able to land or take off again.

And last of all, what about St Elmo's fire (during thunderstorms)? In the beginning chapter of this great book there is a story of A-10 pilots ferrying from USA to their base during Operation Desert Storm and going through thinderstorms.

Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo%27s_fire for those who don't know what I'm talking about.

"Always check your 6 o'clock if you want to live!"

There could be in navada though. Lol

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why not

a) talk to the wife and get her to give you the time needed

b) make yourself a learning plan and learn the aircraft before flying the campaign

c) do it right to start with. A little planning/preparation before the mission can and will go a long way ;)

You will find that when b) is accomplished, and provided a), c) becomes much more enjoyable and in addition you get to complete things faster.

d) Implement a "save" function in the game.

"Do it right to start with." Really? Very poor form. I don't think that it's right for you to lecture us on how to prioritize our personal lives in order to accomodate a computer game. Quite the opposite, actually. Even in the middle of the night i have had to lose a 2 hour mission in Black Shark because I was on call. It is very frustrating, and it's not because I wasn't "do[ing] it right."

Even trying to perform a workaround by saving a track doesn't work, because tracks are completely broken too, and have been for a loooong time!! Every track I've played back has lawn-darted me into the ground after five minutes or so.

Should I have to prioritize my life because your program is busted?

Absolutely not.

Fix the program.

Edited by 3poch
  • Like 1

"Do it right to start with."

Really? Very poor form. I don't think that it's right for you to lecture us on how to prioritize our personal lives in order to accomodate a computer game. Quite the opposite, actually. Even in the middle of the night i have had to lose a 2 hour mission in Black Shark because I was on call. It is very frustrating, and it's not because I wasn't "do[ing] it right."

Even trying to perform a workaround by saving a track doesn't work, because tracks are completely broken too, and have been for a loooong time!! Every track I've played back has lawn-darted me into the ground after five minutes or so.

Absolutely not.

Fix the program.

I agree, a simple save-state type functionality would do so much for the enjoyability of this game.

Save feature wuld be really cool, however I guess there are more such things to do and that feature together with dedicated server will be not soon.:{

I remember Save feat in FC1 - it was buggy and sometimes worked sometimes didn't do what it was suppose to do.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

"Do it right to start with."

Really? Very poor form. I don't think that it's right for you to lecture us on how to prioritize our personal lives in order to accomodate a computer game. Quite the opposite, actually. Even in the middle of the night i have had to lose a 2 hour mission in Black Shark because I was on call. It is very frustrating, and it's not because I wasn't "do[ing] it right."

Absolutely not.

Fix the program.

You didn't quote GG's line completely therefore changing the context. Please never work in the media, with omissions like this you could possibly start a world war. ;)

"c) do it right to start with. A little planning/preparation before the mission can and will go a long way ;)"

That's not bad form at all, that's very reasonable and he's hardly lecturing.

He actually made some constructive helpful tips for those it applies to.

Is that track error you're having a common issue? I've never had any problems with track files or playing track files.

Edited by element1108

Options testing screen needed

To say there are several commands with this game is an understatement. I'd like to see a quick screen I can go to when mapping/changing my options. For instance if I was to assigned zoom or throttle or chaf or flares to a button on my Joy, I have to load up a mission to test it out. Why not a quick screen with just you a-10 on, no textures, to test your mappings?

I may have missed it but in game no way to change your options.

It's not working properly at the moment, but if you press a key/button that's bound to an action while on the controls screen, it'll jump to that position in the list of controls. So it is actually pretty easy to test that your controls are mapped the way you think they are.

Again, not working properly at the moment in beta 4. Seems best in the "all controls" list, when the list is filtered it doesn't seem to jump to the right spot.

Mission Overview - Freqencies

Would be nice to have in all missions listed the frequencies of the airport you are starting off at, and the end point as well. Tanker/Awacs freqs listed in the initial overview.

Some of us skip the mission planner and jump right in.

Gives you threats, weather etc etc.. usually even in the mission planner it doesn't tell you where you start or end... or divert bases or anything like that?

• Like 1

---

May your takeoffs equal your landings!

Declaring an emergency..

Noticed there was no comms to the ATC when I was hit and trying to land a badly damaged hog, there was no way of telling them to stand by for an emergency landing, to clear us straight in etc..

This planned?

Would also be nice to see some fire trucks out there :)

• Like 1

---

Would be nice to have in all missions listed the frequencies of the airport you are starting off at, and the end point as well. Tanker/Awacs freqs listed in the initial overview.

Some of us skip the mission planner and jump right in.

Gives you threats, weather etc etc.. usually even in the mission planner it doesn't tell you where you start or end... or divert bases or anything like that?

Read the manual and follow the training missions. Its all there. For divert airfields, press fuction button on UFC and then 2. This will bring you the divert fields on CDU repeater on MFD.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Yeah I saw the divert bases loaded.. in the training, that does come in handy, but what if your systems are knocked out?

Its best to have a pen / paper write everything out ahead of time. You can't memorize everything. That is why I'd like the briefing on your leg clipboard like in real life. They are able to bring reference material to make notes etc..

---

Yeah I saw the divert bases loaded.. in the training, that does come in handy, but what if your systems are knocked out?

Its best to have a pen / paper write everything out ahead of time. You can't memorize everything. That is why I'd like the briefing on your leg clipboard like in real life. They are able to bring reference material to make notes etc..

+1

My PC:

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 Quad Core @ 3.07 GHz

RAM: 12GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

GPU: EVGA GTX 580 Black Ops Edition

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Cougar

Track IR v4

I have to correct one thing - in the campaign I saw it listed the actual freq's for jtac adn awacs etc. which was nice.

However I tried my first campaign mission it was unplayable with major pauses over and over again to the point I couldn't even fly. I'll have to wait til beta 5 to try flying again. I'm set to low on on most things too.. so this isn't a frame rate issue. I've defragged as well these are looong pauses..

---

In F10 map view select an airport, you will see the ATC freq in the bottom.

In the briefing, if nothing mentioned about freqs, assume all AI is on 124.0 VHF (default).

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

You didn't quote GG's line completely therefore changing the context. Please never work in the media, with omissions like this you could possibly start a world war. ;)

"c) do it right to start with. A little planning/preparation before the mission can and will go a long way ;)"

That's not bad form at all, that's very reasonable and he's hardly lecturing.

He actually made some constructive helpful tips for those it applies to.

Is that track error you're having a common issue? I've never had any problems with track files or playing track files.

I've added his full quote to my original post. I did not intend to change his context.

Here is the context of my post:

Lefuneste01 said, post#1768, he's frustrated because he doesn't have continuous uninterrupted hours available to learn/play, and that a simple "save" feature would greatly reduce his frustration. He is further frustrated because the only possible "workaround", taking control from a track, is a nearly completely impotent feature. I share both of these frustrations.

My issue is that GG's suggestion to "c) do it right to start with", in the context of a) and b), places the blame on Lefuneste01, as if he was doing something wrong to begin with. That it's not ED's concern that there isn't a save function. It's not ED's concern that tracks, more often than not, are broken. (Very common, search the forums.) And that maybe it's his inability to manage his free time that is at fault.

Since I share Lefuneste's frustrations for the same reasons, I take personal offense to being told that I'm doing it wrong. I've read the manuals and I continue to reference them. I search the forums for solutions to problems I encounter. I've printed cheat sheets to reference while in-flight. I have agreements with my wife that I'm not to be bothered at certain times. But when life gets in the way (wife has to stay late at work-i get called in to work-kid is sick and has to come home from school-pipe in basement breaks-kid gets in fight-etc) it is frustrating to the extreme that there is no way at all to save your place in these sims.

For some, those that aren't so fortunate to have endless consecutive hours at their disposal, and those that still want to learn a brilliant study sim, implementing a save function of some sort would alleviate a massive source of frustration.

Therefore, I added option d) to GG's post. And I consider it out-of-line to suggest that we've done something wrong to cause this frustration, and further insensitive to imply that it's a lack of family time management that is the cause.

I think if you ck the forums someone posted just that .A list of all airports and there feqs..If you don't find it pm me i'll send you a copy of mine.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol: