DCS Features Wish List

Dr. Mitsos

DCS Features Wish List  

88 members have voted

1. 1. DCS Features Wish List

A new theater.

North of South and Central America theater...

From Ecuador until Tropic of Cancer( if can extends until Florida, Lousiana, and Texas shore better)

From 80ºW and 40ºW..

If isn´t too much bigger for SIM engine.

This region has much diversity of terrain types..

Jungle, mountains, brazilian cerrado( will be great for steel beasts) and a lot of water for naval ops.

Bigests world players has heavy interests in area.

US, Russia and China.

The traditional europeans players UK, France and Netherlands

The South America Countries..

Brazil, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, Ecuador, Bolivia, French Guyana, Suriname, Guyana.

All Central America and Bahamas Countries

US and Mexico.

I'd dig that.... would be cooler if we had some maritime patrol aircraft too and could do drug interdiction. Would be slightly less realistic to fight a war there than in Georgia.

If we get a F-18C and carrier ops, actually, and I had to choose a theater that was mostly water, I would vote a Kuril islands map with part of Kamchatka Peninsula and Japan. And you could probably make the map pretty darned big there too, with the huge streches of ocean, and the Kamchatka Peninsula being so sparsely populated. And it would be a bit more of a realistic flash point for conflict, given the real-life territory disputes between Japan and Russia.... still though... not very realistic. My #1 vote still goes to an Iraq map for scenario realism and the variety of combat it would offer.

• Like 1

Intelligent discourse can only begin with the honest admission of your own fallibility.

Member of the Virtual Tactical Air Group: http://vtacticalairgroup.com/

Lua scripts and mods:

MIssion Scripting Tools (Mist): http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=98616

Slmod version 7.0 for DCS: World: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=80979

Now includes remote server administration tools for kicking, banning, loading missions, etc.

Master server list web page

Kind of like what Nova had eons ago. Just a URL you could browse to & bookmark to see the Master Server list without having to start DCS & log on.

In time if ED chooses to add features such as who is in what room, etc ..

LMAO!! well I'll be.. the damn thing is still on. No one in it- but it's still there.. :shocking:

http://nw2.novaworld.net/l3lobby2.htm

Edited by S77th-konkussion

i'd like to have the warthog scenery into bs and fc2 as well, with dx11 and all the latest graphic candy

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 2 months later...

One of my biggest wishes is to have the possibility to get out/in the helicopter. (of course when he is on ground:) )

The cold start procedure could then begin staying as pilot in front of the airport´s tower. You walk to your shark, make a preflight check of the airframe and get in... would be quite realistic!

Verto

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

updated pilot model for ka-50, mi-24, mi-28. they are still using fc2 models.

meanwhile su-25, mi-8mt, a10, f-15, etc cruising around with high quality pilots.

also, add in specular map layer for ka-50. i just need the path to be included.

have you guys considered using bump mapping for the terrain? you can derive one from the noise layer. it'll be a tiled material layer that will show up as you approach ground level.

the main purpose of this is also similar to the noise texture. to improve the sense of speed. but bump mapping is mainly responsible for increasing the realism of light interacting with the ground surface.

you can generate the bump mapping directly from the noise texture using plugins for either photoshop or gimp(a free alternative to ps). this will also make either texture correspond to each other, so it wouldn't have a random appearance.

rise of flight uses a more resource intensive form of this technique called parallax mapping to improve the sense of speed. i can attest to its effectiveness. here's a screenshot example:

http://www.wingsofhonour.com/news/2010/img_riseofflight_screenshot_777studios_20101112_0002_parallax-mapping-2_1280x800x24b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

terrain bump mapping

hi, have you guys considered using bump mapping for the terrain? you can derive one from the noise layer. it'll be a tiled material layer that will show up as you approach ground level.

the main purpose of this is also similar to the noise texture. to improve the sense of speed. but bump mapping is also effective for increasing the realism and detail of light interacting with the ground surface.

you can generate the bump mapping directly from the noise texture using plugins for either photoshop or gimp(a free alternative to ps). this will also make either texture correspond to each other, so it wouldn't have a random appearance.

rise of flight uses a more resource intensive form of this technique called parallax mapping to improve the sense of speed. i can attest to its effectiveness. here's a screenshot example:

http://www.wingsofhonour.com/news/2010/img_riseofflight_screenshot_777studios_20101112_0002_parallax-mapping-2_1280x800x24b.jpg

thanks.

Didn't you post the same thing here a few weeks ago?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1335839&postcount=2008

I believe ED has already chosen a new terrain direction with Nevada and EDGE.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

I know that this has been suggested a couple times, but I believe that it hasn't been brought up for a good while and is something I would still love to see. The wings bend as you take tight turns. Ever since my first flight as a wee boy on a family vacation, one of the biggest things that I remember being in awe over and that has stuck with me despite now having seen it loads of times, is that the wings bend.

Live every week like it's Shark Week. :D

Two buttons to cycle thru the radio choices.

SHIFT-J in options.

The point where the plane starts to skid when applying brakes set higher in the brake force curve so that you can push brakes to there stops and then backoff slightly.Helps you to know your giving maximum braking force.

Hud vibrating when firing GAU

"Its easy,place the pipper on target and bombs away." :pilotfly:

i7-8700k/GTX 1080ti/VKB-GladiatorPRO/VKB-T-rudder Pedals/Saitek X55 throttle

A muzzle flash effect for ground units would be a good improvement especially for night missions. (A simple light effect around the unit should be sufficient)

IMO a nice feature for DCS/Combined Arms. :)

would already have been a nice feature for BS2 ;)

Edited by sorcer3r

A muzzle flash effect for ground units would be a good improvement especially for night missions. (A simple light effect around the unit should be sufficient)

IMO a nice feature for DCS/Combined Arms. :)

would already have been a nice feature for BS2 ;)

It's a bug - it was present in BS1.

Nate

I heard the wings do not bend much IRL on the hog because of its sturdy construction.

I doubt that. They may not bounce much for other factors, like the fact that the majority of the ordnance is carried on the wings themselves which distributes weight a lot better. All wings flex and need to flex to some degree... flexing wings means the forces are being sent around the wings and through the superstructure, whereas extremely stiff wings would translate most of that force into the fuselage itself which would undoubtedly cause wear issues over time. On an aircraft with stubby wings (pretty much all fighter-sized aircraft) they can obviously be stiffer, but with an A-10's wingspan I think that would cause problems.

Generally speaking, bendy wings are happy wings!

Unless they're doing this:

boeing-787-wing-test.png

Yes. Those are the wings up there.

EDIT: In retrospect, you might be right - the A-10's wings might not be very bendy due to stiff construction. This would actually explain why all the wings on A-10s are breaking apart and they recently had to restart production for them. Maybe they should've been more bendy! :D

Edited by Frostiken

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NEXT DCS AIRCRAFT AV8b HARRIER

I have stumbled across a "POLL" somewhere here but cant find it again (hate forums chaos)in the listing. The intersting thing to me is that a very unique and capable aircraft was not included in that list so I did not post a preference. I believe that the AV8b Harrier "jump Jet" would fill a particular need for a FARP capable V-TOL aircraft from the Western Nations. While offering a very uniquely capable aircraft .... The WORLDS ONLY production V/STOL fixed wing combat aircraft. I invite your comment and observations.

If you would like to see a taste of what you might expect from such an aircraft in the DCS sim then download the VIDEO DEMO Here http://www.serik.dk/grizzly/_Probe_+HD720p.zip

Edited by OGREMAN
Addition and Link

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..