Dr. Mitsos

Most wanted DCS airplane...  

1346 members have voted

1. 1. Most wanted DCS airplane...

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would love to see a real F-14D sim. Microprose's was amazing but I know DCS could do it way better. Now that they are retired, getting access to museum pieces, after-action reports, and ex-Turkey drivers would be much easier.

Totally Agree.

The F-14 was one of the most loved jets out there. Massive 2 seater for joint online flying (like the DCS: Apache will be?), long range Phoenix missiles, JDAM strikes, night carrier landings, inflight refueling, a heap of real life combat sortes from the gulf war, Maverick, 80's hair and aviator sunglasses, inappropriate beach volleyball scenes... It's all there when you look at one of those massive planes for the first time.

Getting the right specs wouldn't be hard because it's all declassified now (surely?), and the fan base of one of these would extend into the main stream PC videogamers, not just for us simfreaks. If you wanna make a heap of cash. Make DCS: Tomcat

Thats just my 2 cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

That would be a great starting point for a naval operations version. F/A-18's and F-14's. One can dream though

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

Would love to see a real F-14D sim. Microprose's was amazing but I know DCS could do it way better. Now that they are retired, getting access to museum pieces, after-action reports, and ex-Turkey drivers would be much easier.

+1 to this, I started simming on C64's F-14.

Also, variable geometry would pose a nice challenge to those brains at ED... well, that´s assuming they ARE up to the challenge, of course :music_whistling:

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

Why would you want F14, when there are only (super)hornets flying around. with F18, you get ALL F14 stuff plus AG missions, CAS and an ultra complex cockpit with three MFD's and a myriad of weapons, smart bombs, dumb bombs, missles,... All packed in DCS level of fidelity. Njami! F18 gets my voice any time.

Or did i watch too much of Wings of Gold?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

More challenge than a rotary wing aircraft?

Are YOU up for the challenge of making this F-14 thingee? ;) If not, don't pretend to challenge. ;)

On a slightly more serious note, I'm reasonably certain that the F-14 is very, very unlikely to show up in DCS any time soon.

+1 to this, I started simming on C64's F-14.

Also, variable geometry would pose a nice challenge to those brains at ED... well, that´s assuming they ARE up to the challenge, of course :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Getting the right specs wouldn't be hard because it's all declassified now (surely?), and the fan base of one of these would extend into the main stream PC videogamers, not just for us simfreaks. If you wanna make a heap of cash. Make DCS: Tomcat

Thats just my 2 cents.

Wrong; in addition since no one flies them any more, SME's might be rather hard to come by, and memories might be quite muddled.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

More challenge than a rotary wing aircraft?

Are YOU up for the challenge of making this F-14 thingee? ;) If not, don't pretend to challenge. ;)

Hahah just a joke GGTharos! I´m certainly up to the challenge of taming anything you guys throw at us :joystick:, so keep 'em coming :).

What´s certain is that there will be no military contract around the F-14, that´s for sure...

Westinghouse W-600 refrigerator - Corona six-pack - Marlboro reds - Patience by Girlfriend

"Engineering is the art of modelling materials we do not wholly understand, into shapes we cannot precisely analyse so as to withstand forces we cannot properly assess, in such a way that the public has no reason to suspect the extent of our ignorance." (Dr. A. R. Dykes - British Institution of Structural Engineers, 1976)

I think I'd be asking for too much, but I'd really like to see something incredibly rare ... the Herclues gunship. I wouldn't expect it to be player flyable, but as a AI controlled craft, I think it would be absolutely awesome. As the BS is often used for special forces, it would be great to see something that the US used for its special forces as well.

I think it would provide that something truly spectacular to the game ... seeing one of these at night plastering a land target with it full complement of weapons.

I think the Gripen should be in that list...I'd kill for an accurate Gripen simulator... but I guess most of the specs and info is a little hush hush

Win 10pro x64 | i5 2500 | 16GB RAM | GTX1060 6GB | Logitech G940 | Tir5 + TC

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's the show stopper right there.

I'm sure the big brains at DCS can throw something together. :)

Wrong; in addition since no one flies them any more, SME's might be rather hard to come by, and memories might be quite muddled.

Hmmm, that's a shame. So no DCS: Phantom then? Well I can dream at least. It would be fun to play in the F-14 in DCS like game play.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

161 Squadron

Australia's DCS Community

Most definately the Harrier GR9A. Ak50 and fighter aircraft capabilities combined ... marvellous.

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

• 2 weeks later...

Have just read 'Sea Harrier over the Falklands' and am thinking that the Sea Harrier FA2 (developed from lessons learned during the Falklands) would make an excellent DCS aircraft.

Great air to air combat capability especially in the low speed regime with a BVR capability in the form of AMRAAM missiles as well as being able to perform and air to ground role.

Also a bit different and like the Ka50, something unique.

Have just read 'Sea Harrier over the Falklands' and am thinking that the Sea Harrier FA2 (developed from lessons learned during the Falklands) would make an excellent DCS aircraft.

Great air to air combat capability especially in the low speed regime with a BVR capability in the form of AMRAAM missiles as well as being able to perform and air to ground role.

Also a bit different and like the Ka50, something unique.

Hi folks.

Although I had posted my wish before in this thread, i just want to be recognised again by the developers of the game, errr sorry... SIM ;).

Although I love Sukhoi and Mig aircraft in any aspect, we had the SU 27-Family, Mig, F-16 and a few more. Not as realistic as it would have been in DCS, but we already had a big zip of that liqueur. Now we need some other refreshment.

I have two, which in my oppinion would fit best in this sim regarding versatility and variability of use. I will also give a short explanation why you should implement one of the two, otherwise i won't play this sim anymore :protest:. Think about it :D.

1- AV-8B or any other Harrier. Best with radar missiles. As mentioned by HansRoam, absolutely unique and beautiful plane. S/TVOL, AG, AA, MR, Carrier-Ops, No runway needed. But any enthusiast surely knows it's advantages.

2- Jas-39 Gripen. Also multirole capable and road-strips as alternate runways.

I think there's a good chance that the Harrier not classified anymore. Don't know about the Gripen, though.

And last, but not least, MI-28N. A chopper that would wake evil thoughts in the mind of any pacifist :evil:.

That's it for now. Have fun and keep in mind: >Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly?<.:pilotfly:

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Since I am in a heli kind of mood, I would love to have a MI-8 Hip E Gunship. I love the rugged look of that thing, and the fact that we could do some troop insertion/extraction with that beast would be fun.

Also, the MI-28 would be lovely to have.

However, the most desirable helo for me would indeed be the MI-35. What a machine:

mi35_2.jpg

Edited by rrohde

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I don't have an absolut favourite one but Id lik to see a modul that brings the most new aspects and the aspects I miss most.

Id prefer:

- western model prefered because we already have a an eastern chopper

(better for VS scenarios but worse for coop; generally Im more interessted

in eastern designs. Western aircrafts are far mor covered in Sim history)

- plane instead of helo (we have no plane yet, A10 will meet this one ^^)

- dual seat (this is the the best about the planed AH64)

- IR/FLIR capabilities (the A10 should give us that, right?)

- radar capabilities (best would be radar tracking and radar warner)

- Quite high A2A capabilities

- Aged model (I want planes that require pilots ^^; easier to meet DCS standards)

That's why Id prefer a dualseat fighter or interceptor....perhaps multirole?.

The F4 for example? Still partially in use as Interceptor in Germany (!). I guess I won't meet much support in this and Im no expert - so please don't bash me ;)

(what about Mig 31, Su 30,...)

However, im really looking forward to see the A-10C because I really like it and I think it'll bring a lot of fun but I can't wait for the first "multicrew module" as direct linked teamplay rocks as hell... be it chopper or plane

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

The F4 for example? Still partially in use as Interceptor in Germany (!). I guess I won't meet much support in this and Im no expert - so please don't bash me ;)

F4 huh? You know what, I really like that. :thumbup:

Maybe F-4G, flying SEAD in support of a flight of Kamovs or A-10s, imho would be brilliant online. Maybe a model more suited for strike missions to keep single player more interesting (more of a SP man myself ;) ).

Plus the possibility for carrier ops, what more do you want. :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)

F4 huh? You know what, I really like that. :thumbup:

Yeay! Thanks mate :D

True, even one otion more. I forgot about this one because I only had the "german roles" in mind. (I did serve my duty months military service in the german airforce. In my squadron it served for A2A duties)...

F-4 had and has really lots of roles.

Win 10 Pro | Trustmaster Warthog | MFG Rudders | VivePro Wireless Gear Lens modded | 1080ti OC Asus | 32 GB DD4 RAM | i7 9700 | Razer Chroma Orbweaver Keypad | Corsair KB | Derek Switchbox | USB Keypad | Logitech 502 | Jetseat with SimShaker Software | TrackIR5 | Autotkey | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs | Monstertech Mounts | Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arclight viewpost.gif

Buccaneer, why you ask..well, if you thought landing on the nimitz was difficult..... try the Ark Royal if you think you're good enough.

HMS_Ark_Royal_USS_Nimitz_Norfolk1_1.jpg

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Since I am in a heli kind of mood, I would love to have a MI-8 Hip E Gunship. I love the rugged look of that thing, and the fact that we could do some troop insertion/extraction with that beast would be fun.

Also, the MI-28 would be lovely to have.

However, the most desirable helo for me would indeed be the MI-35. What a machine:

mi35_2.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmh... Yummy.

I used to love her, but I had to kill her

I had to put her, six feet under

And I can still hear her complain

A tribute to BBetty and NNadja

:bye_3:

Buccaneer, why you ask..well, if you thought landing on the nimitz was difficult..... try the Ark Royal if you think you're good enough.

HMS_Ark_Royal_USS_Nimitz_Norfolk1_1.jpg

Excellent, less ship to crash into. Makes my life easier. :D

Though I've never seen anything but VTOL and helo's operate from those things. ;)

Wonder if that ramp would be enough to get (and keep) a F-4 airborn? :ermm:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

DCS A-10C: putting the 'art' into 'warthog'.

(yes, corny. Sorry.)