Cute features

Orwell

Can you make the silly features optional?
Putting the canopy up so the nonexistent ground crew can hand me my virtual DTC card is silly.
Defogging the simulated fog on my virtual canopy is tedious as hell when I'm busy doing something. 

Make these things optional please?

How should the crew hand you the DTC when the canopy is closed? Magic? That's not silly, that's simply necessary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

How about ED make all of these features mandatory for all of the other high fidelity modules.  As far as I can tell the JF is the only module that has its DTC actually modeled.  

+1 for that.

• Like 7

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

How about ED make all of these features mandatory for all of the other high fidelity modules.  As far as I can tell the JF is the only module that has its DTC actually modeled.  

DTC for other modules is coming. Ask ED if they also implement this limitation.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hodo said:

the Viggen was the first DCS module to have a DTC catridge properly simulated.

• Like 5

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

the Viggen was the first DCS module to have a DTC catridge properly simulated.

Do you have to open the cockpit to update it tho? IIRC no, but its been forever since I flew it.

Frankly I don't count these features on the Jeff as "silly", they add to the realism and immersion. That being said it is annoying in PVP to have issues like fogging when literally no other module does at the moment.

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

3 hours ago, Harlikwin said:

... it is annoying in PVP to have issues like fogging when literally no other module does at the moment.

I'm so glad to not be in the MP scene anymore, I get to truly enjoy the DCS aircrafts without worrying about game balance 🙂

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 3/22/2021 at 6:09 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I'm so glad to not be in the MP scene anymore, I get to truly enjoy the DCS aircrafts without worrying about game balance 🙂

You enjoy them your way other folks enjoy them theirs. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

i dont think its a problem at all i am flying JF-17 since day one the different is u will have to close canopy after u got your DTC that is all unless engine sound bother u and for fog use your defogger the moment u reach 10k or 15k that will do the job or assign a key for it i dont think of it as a problem at all 

• Like 1

Yeah and we don't have to successfully complete flight school(or even medical exam) before we are allowed to sit in a jet cockpit, we don't have planing/briefing rooms to prepare missions before flight.....

We should deinstalled this unrealistic piece of software from our PC's and enlist to our local airforces to have all of that including ground crew yelling at us to don't bother with these imersion breaking limitations...... sarcasm if someone didn't get it 😉

DCS always strived to be as realistic as possible, ofcourse there are engine/resource(TIME) limitations preventing things to be done more realistic for now. There are many arcade flying games out there, why complain about trying to be more realistic in the only sim/game that at least trys to be more realistic? You don't like it? Don't play it, you have many alternatives to play, nobody forces anybody to fly in this one sim trying to be more realistic over time - and we come a long way from LockOn times to now and i hope DCS will improve over the next decades atleast as much as it did in the last decades.

🍻

• Like 4

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

On 3/21/2021 at 6:13 AM, Orwell said:

Can you make the silly features optional?
Putting the canopy up so the nonexistent ground crew can hand me my virtual DTC card is silly.
Defogging the simulated fog on my virtual canopy is tedious as hell when I'm busy doing something. 

Make these things optional please?

You can disable them by unchecking this option

image.png

Edited by uboats
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

I think the relevant modules will get their DTC's once all the various "data" can be loaded into the plane. I.e. once all the other systems are done. Hopefully they also have a decent planning interface to go with it all, not this half-baked F10 map stuff.

• Like 2

On 3/22/2021 at 4:16 AM, Shimmergloom667 said:

How should the crew hand you the DTC when the canopy is closed? Magic? That's not silly, that's simply necessary.

bro what crew? What fuel truck? What weapons loaders? What briefing room? You LARPing the hell out of this aren't you?
At a certain point, you're just adding tedious features... Why not model in putting on your G suit? Why not model in the pre-flight piss? Why no model in getting into the company HMMV for the drive out to the line where your plane is, 1km away from the wing offices? You spawn in the cockpit man, you're missing 99% of what it is to be a pilot already. You wanna hit defog to clear the virtual condensation on your virtual canopy, that's awesome for you.

This is why I'm saying make them optional. 

Edited by Orwell

On 3/22/2021 at 4:41 PM, Harlikwin said:

Do you have to open the cockpit to update it tho? IIRC no, but its been forever since I flew it.

Frankly I don't count these features on the Jeff as "silly", they add to the realism and immersion. That being said it is annoying in PVP to have issues like fogging when literally no other module does at the moment.

Crazy idea... Hit your defog button shortly after take off.  Problem solved.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Crazy idea... Hit your defog button shortly after take off.  Problem solved.

Yeah I usually do. Sometimes I forget... Then I'm sad and curse alot...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah I usually do. Sometimes I forget... Then I'm sad and curse alot...

I usually hit it as part of my fence out procedure.  

I rarely do pvp unless it's on a fox-1 1980s server.  I hate spamraam fights.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hodo said:

I usually hit it as part of my fence out procedure.  

I rarely do pvp unless it's on a fox-1 1980s server.  I hate spamraam fights.

Yeah, me too. Be fun if we got a PL-11 (SARH), though I doubt it would be realistic for the JF17...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Desert Fox said:

Bro is salty because button press in high fidelity sim 😄 Amazing times we live in.

These are great days we're living, bros. We are jolly green giants, flying around the virtual earth Earth with bombs. These buttons we pressed here today are the finest buttons that don't actually exist that we will ever know. After we rotate back to the real world, we're gonna miss not having virtual buttons around that's worth pressing

(with full and copious apologies to guy that wrote that for full metal jacket)

• Like 3

14 hours ago, unknown said:

Yeah and we don't have to successfully complete flight school(or even medical exam) before we are allowed to sit in a jet cockpit, we don't have planing/briefing rooms to prepare missions before flight.....

Actually, we do have briefings, and realistic MP groups do that in a very similar way to RL squadrons. Actually bothering to properly plan and prepare for the mission makes things a lot easier. Here's the thing, most of those things are a thing IRL because they work. Most of that works in the sim, too. There are various ways of earning them, but you do need all the skills the flight school teaches in order to get the most out of the jet. Medical exam is about the only thing you can truly skip there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, Hodo said:

This.

The other modules should be brought up to the JF-17s level, not the other way around.

For instance the JF-17's TGP has focusing implemented, something that other pods don't (including ATFLIR - I couldn't help but be a little disappointed when our lord and saviour said this in the recently released ATFLIR video).

And if anything is silly, it's playing something described as offering "the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft, tanks, ground vehicles and ships possible" and then having a problem with it being so.

• Like 5

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.