DCS 2.7 appreciation thread.

Mizzy

I would also like to thank ED. You have made another big step forward with the version 2.7. You are doing a great job. Keep it up! 

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

First of all, todays patch fixed Syria for me. It can still crash, but is much better than before. Thank you very much!

And because of this fix, I was able to... well see for yourself

jeWijX4.png

jEWU4GH.png

I am still stuck in my chair

Edited by Mr.Scar
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, EvidencePlz said:

Thank you ED for this revolutionary update. Hope to see many more improvements in future. Thanks to your hard work and honesty I always recommend DCS World to new flight simmers without any hesitation.

LOL yeah that is funny. I always been a bit reluctant to introduce my FS2020 friend to DCS since it was looking quite bad in comparison. But yes I agree with you ...  I have to say that it looks as good now from high altitude. Who knows ... maybe 3.0 will bring us amazing graph on the ground as well 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Guys, I own many modules, but as a thank to ED for the amaizing 2.7 I would like to buy one more. Maybe your opinions can help me to decide which one:

These are the ones I´m insterested:

Syria: I have only 16GB of RAM, I guess I´m pretty tight to run it.

Supercarrier: Not really into naval ops, but add inmersion and it´s needed for some campaignes.

Warbirds: since I don´t have the WW2 maps and play SP mostly, I guess I´ll be short on thing to do.

Mig 19 and Harrier: Interesting modules, but I read they are buggy or didn´t get much love latelly.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + RX 580 8GB OC + 32Gb + 1TB SSD

43 minutes ago, Pinola said:

Syria: I have only 16GB of RAM, I guess I´m pretty tight to run it.

I'd go with the Map, because it will enhance everyone of your existing aircrafts and thus bring much more hours of enjoyment than just a single new aircraft could. Reduce the preload radius so that it can run with 16 GB.

Edit: Just saw that you have only a 240 GB drive ...  Syria uses 52 GB, so most likely you won't be able to fit it 😞  ... probably you should spend the $$$ on enhancing your PC instead of purchasing at ED.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Unless you're more into WW2 stuff, Syria is definetely the map you want to have BUT...

I second what Rudel_chw said - you're probably better of in investing in additional 16 GB memory and a 500GB SSD first.

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 4/23/2021 at 5:24 PM, Rudel_chw said:

I'd go with the Map, because it will enhance everyone of your existing aircrafts and thus bring much more hours of enjoyment than just a single new aircraft could. Reduce the preload radius so that it can run with 16 GB.

Edit: Just saw that you have only a 240 GB drive ...  Syria uses 52 GB, so most likely you won't be able to fit it 😞  ... probably you should spend the $$$ on enhancing your PC instead of purchasing at ED.

Totally agree... Going from 16 to 32 GB of RAM was a game changer for my FPS too.

Thank you all for your comments, I´ll go for the hardware then!

• Like 1

M2000 | Mig-21 | Mig-15 | F-14 | UH-1H HUEY | A-10C II | MB-339A | A-4E-C | F-18 | F-86 | KA-50 | F-16 |AH-64D| NTTR | PG |

AMD RYZEN 5 2400G 3.9GHz + RX 580 8GB OC + 32Gb + 1TB SSD

13 hours ago, andyw248 said:

Going from 16 to 32 GB of RAM was a game changer for my FPS too.

That one needs explanation. It's a known fact than more RAM alone gives 0 fps improvement... unless you're out of RAM and your game is constantly loading stuff holding everything else.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't think more RAM will extend your maximum FPS, but probably could help with framedrops due to reloading...

Or in other words - average FPS may rise, max FPS most likely not.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Just a generic question ...

I always been on the stable branch, and to be honest .... this is the first time that I REALLY want that beta version LOLL

Just wondering since I never noticed, how long usually is the interval for the BETA branch to be pushed GA? Do not get me wrong, not complaining or pushing here, just wondering from the past stats ...

2 minutes ago, Frag said:

Just wondering since I never noticed, how long usually is the interval for the BETA branch to be pushed GA? Do not get me wrong, not complaining or pushing here, just wondering from the past stats ...

It can be a month or a few. Current beta is not stable unfortunately. I would advise to wait a bit. You can switch versions anytime if you still want to check.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

17 hours ago, Frag said:

Just a generic question ...

I always been on the stable branch, and to be honest .... this is the first time that I REALLY want that beta version LOLL

Same for me. It's the first time for long, that I'm flying on OB. As I'm only using single player, OB is okay. Only had some CTDs after doing many terrain and mission switches in Mission Editor in one session.

• 2 months later...