No Bullseye in HUD with HARM Loadout

3000GTPRO

Starting a mission with AGM-88's Loaded the Bullseye in the lower left corner of the HUD is missing.

The only way to get the Bullseye back is to remove the HARM's but as soon as you load them again, the Bullseye disappears again.

Track file and DXDIAG attached.

Doesn't crash the game so not attached the crash log. 

Cheers

SEAD Loadout no Bulls on hud.trk DxDiag.txt

• ED Team

Hi, 

thanks for the track, but based on the information we have this is correct as is. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, Teomo said:

No its not! You should never lose bullseye information.

I was gonna ask the same thing.

Are you sure?

cause honestly I'm trying to find a hood footage in CCRP mode with bullseye and so far I can't, altho it does feel like its really missing there. Maybe Im looking at the wrong versions of HUD and maybe not... no idea.

That's why I asked.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2021 at 4:27 PM, Furiz said:

Are you sure?

cause honestly I'm trying to find a hood footage in CCRP mode with bullseye and so far I can't, altho it does feel like its really missing there. Maybe Im looking at the wrong versions of HUD and maybe not... no idea.

That's why I asked.

I can accept the fact that you may lose B/E information on the HUD when you are in A/G mode, but when you switch back to A/A it should reappear.

This issue is also present when you carry any smart bombs.

Edited by Teomo
  • Like 1

This modelled wrong, no doubt about it. 

The HUD bullseye information should display whenever the FCR is active in an AA mode. This is from multiple RL docs. 

So we shouldn’t see it in any AG mode, but the type of weapon carried, HARM, JDAM, dumb bomb etc is TOTALLY irrelevant. ED seem to think it’s related to carrying IAM bombs, or HARM, but that’s wrong. 

Edited by AvroLanc
  • Thanks 2

The HUD element is called Window 15. The same information is displayed on the A-13 window of the HMCS.

It displays:

• TRP trapped fuel warning message
  • FUEL available prediction at destination (HOME mode)
  • FUEL warning message
  • Bullseye bearing and range (Bullseye mode enabled)
  • blank (Bullseye mode disabled, no other warning/info of higher priority)

I believe that is the priority order top to bottom. I'm not 100% sure about the two fuel ones might be reversed. Bullseye is selected/deselected on the ICP LIST, 0 M-SEL (MISC), 8 FIX paged named BULL of the DED.

There might be particular AG pages which don't show BE info when it's on or not but NAV and AA HUD displays should show BE provided the option is on. Carriage of HARM or not does not affect NAV/AA HUD display at all. It's perfectly possible for a manual diagram to not show a certain feature because it's turned off at that moment. I've seen diagrams of MRM HUD without BE info at window 15 but it's shown as a triplet with FCR/SMS and it's clear by the "W" waterline symbol on FCR/SMS that BE option is turned off.

Edited by Frederf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

@BIGNEWY

For example if you carry HARM, or some other GPS guided weapon and turn them ON, exit AG mode and go AA mode, when you press WPN page you will see HARM WPN page. Same happens with GPS guided weapons. I mean they show WPN page OFF but I guess they stay selected and thus they give you no BE info on the HUD. If GBU-12 are selected BE info will be shown in both Nav and AA modes.

F-16 Bulleye info.trk

Edited by Furiz

• 4 weeks later...

Normally, after enabling the Bullseye option in the BULL page, your position relative to Bullseye should be displaying on the bottom left of the HUD, similarly to how it is displayed on the HSD and FCR pages. This works fine with most weapons loaded in all the different master modes. However with HARMs, JDAMs, JSOWs or WCMDs loaded the ownership bullseye position will not show up on the HUD, regardless of the master mode.

Tracks show an air start F-16 enabling the Bullseye option and cycling through the different master modes. The AMRAAM track displays the normal situation, with the other 4 showing the situation with their respective weapons loaded.

Reproducing the bug is as simple as loading up any of these 4 weapon types and enabling the Bullseye option in the BULL page.

Game version is: 2.7.7.15038 Open Beta

F16_bulls_bug_AMRAAM.trk F16_bulls_bug_HARM.trk F16_bulls_bug_JDAM.trk F16_bulls_bug_JSOW.trk F16_bulls_bug_WCMD.trk

This has been reported before and was marked as correct. I'm not sure why you wouldn't want bullseye info on the HUD but <shrug>

Search function is useful to see if things have been reported before.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• ED Team

there is no harm asking and checking issues. 

thanks

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

I have checked with the team, this is correct as is, if you have information that shows it is incorrect please DM me. 

I will merge with the other thread, 

thanks

@BIGNEWY

Found something from HAS Viper, it is block 52+, so not the same as ours I know,

it shows PRE on the HUD, dont know which weapon, then when the pilot changes to NAV Bullseye info pops up on the HUD.

17:29 in this video

Ill keep looking for more, I know its not the same block as ours, but there is a chance that this was the same with block 50 M4.2+.

Edited by Furiz

Clutter in the hud for carry some weapons? I can't believe hiding something so important than own position for only carrying some weapons, and in every mode?.

During evasive maneuvers you need to look away from the hud, down to a mfd to see where you are. It makes no sense.

Edited by Ignition

16 hours ago, Ignition said:

Clutter in the hud for carry some weapons? I can't believe hiding something so important than own position for only carrying some weapons, and in every mode?.

During evasive maneuvers you need to look away from the hud, down to a mfd to see where you are. It makes no sense.

This is how it is in the real aircraft, if you have a complaint you can send it to Lockheed Martin, I am sure they would love to hear your feedback on their systems.