No F-14 changes in the 2.7.1.6430 OpenBeta update?

Thundercat710

Also wondering the same... no changes or no patch notes for F14

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

9 minutes ago, Spurts said:

I guess they weren't ready with their SW build, either testing wasn't finished or they were just not happy with the performance.  

Just wait for the forum post from them. They usually say something along the lines of;

Our F-14 and Viggen patches didn't make it into the notes. Here they are

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

4 minutes ago, BreaKKer said:

Just wait for the forum post from them. They usually say something along the lines of;

Our F-14 and Viggen patches didn't make it into the notes. Here they are

It’s been a few hours since patch release now. I fear we have to wait for the June patch. No biggy. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone,

We've essentially skipped this patch as we're working on a major update to the F-14 that will add a pretty significant chunk of new features and changes- including entirely new hook physics, Iceman additions for SP RIOs (Orbit, fly to WP, etc.), and other smaller new features such as catapult signaling using lights at night. We're just springboarding into that instead of trying to ship these piecemeal and without a proper test cycle.

Thus we've not yet merged all of these changes in, so we've only shipped a few mission tweaks and the Chinese localization effort.

The changelog; albeit short is rather impactful at least for one area of the world. 🙂

• Added Chinese Localization for Manual, Campaign and all Missions - thank you Alphabet_Ghost!
  • Fixed OP Reforger Campaign Mission 5 for all 3 versions

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 7

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Im really hopping for some Jester lantirn functionality soon!

It would be so awesome if we could jump in the backseat and play as RIO in mp especially with the new iceman, fly to wp functionality that is coming! I know it’s a ED thing thou.

Anyway you can push ED to maybe ad that function? The Tomcat would be so much more fun to play then!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

4小时前,Cobra847说:

Hey everyone,

We've essentially skipped this patch as we're working on a major update to the F-14 that will add a pretty significant chunk of new features and changes- including entirely new hook physics, Iceman additions for SP RIOs (Orbit, fly to WP, etc.), and other smaller new features such as catapult signaling using lights at night. We're just springboarding into that instead of trying to ship these piecemeal and without a proper test cycle.

Thus we've not yet merged all of these changes in, so we've only shipped a few mission tweaks and the Chinese localization effort.

The changelog; albeit short is rather impactful at least for one area of the world. 🙂

• Added Chinese Localization for Manual, Campaign and all Missions - thank you Alphabet_Ghost!
  • Fixed OP Reforger Campaign Mission 5 for all 3 versions

Wow, thanks!

I7-4790K | RTX2070 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | 24G DDR3 | 東芝 TOSHIBA HG5d M.2 256GB SSD | Q200 EX

15 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Iceman additions for SP RIOs (Orbit, fly to WP, etc.),

**embarrassing and awkward girly noises**

full_tiny.pngfull_tiny.png
full_tiny.png

"Cogito, ergo RIO"
Virtual Backseaters Volume I: F-14 Radar Intercept Officer - Fifth Public Draft
Virtual Backseaters Volume II: F-4E Weapon Systems Officer - Internal Draft WIP

Phantom Phamiliarisation Video Series | F-4E/F-14 Kneeboard Pack

I noticed a better behavior on phoenix trajectory, looks more smooth now (maybe ED did some changes as they are responsible for missiles API)

Also the CMK47 is delaying to enter in pitbull atleast in small tgt size mode against AI (not testet on MP), wen it enters in pitbull is too late for missile maneuver effectively. (Amk47/mk60 are working ok!) ps: i will test more to see if is me or is a real problem 🙂

Anyway looking foward for the updates, thank you guys.

Edited by Katsu

3 hours ago, Katsu said:

I noticed a better behavior on phoenix trajectory, looks more smooth now (maybe ED did some changes as they are responsible for missiles API)

Also the CMK47 is delaying to enter in pitbull atleast in small tgt size mode against AI (not testet on MP), wen it enters in pitbull is too late for missile maneuver effectively. (Amk47/mk60 are working ok!) ps: i will test more to see if is me or is a real problem 🙂

Anyway looking foward for the updates, thank you guys.

Noticed this too. Now I actually got 4 hits with 6 fired missiles. Astonishing to actually hit something in 4 months or so.

On 5/22/2021 at 8:16 AM, near_blind said:

Any chance those sparrow changes ED listed also effect the HB Sparrows?

I believe they would, ED are managing all weapons now I believe so I don't think there is such a thing as a "HB Sparrow" any more. Could well be wrong though.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

30 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

I believe they would, ED are managing all weapons now I believe so I don't think there is such a thing as a "HB Sparrow" any more. Could well be wrong though.

There are four Sparrows defined in ED's code, formerly in the database folder, now in where ever ED put their binarized library, these are used by the F/A-18, F-15, and the AI. 

There are another three Sparrows defined in the F-14 Coremods folder used exclusively by the F-14 that exist for reasons having to do with model sizing and pylon adapters. These are meant to be carbon copies of the ED ones, but on occasion they get out of sync due to what I assume are inter-team patch logistics. Perusing through Quaggles datamine it looks like that happened again.

Confusing things further, the missile API changes are also happening at a level deeper than values defined in the lua, and I don't know if their scope effects all missiles defined as sparrows, or only the ED ones. Weird things have happened in this space in the past. Hence the original questions. 

On 5/25/2021 at 3:55 PM, near_blind said:

There are four Sparrows defined in ED's code, formerly in the database folder, now in where ever ED put their binarized library, these are used by the F/A-18, F-15, and the AI. 

There are another three Sparrows defined in the F-14 Coremods folder used exclusively by the F-14 that exist for reasons having to do with model sizing and pylon adapters. These are meant to be carbon copies of the ED ones, but on occasion they get out of sync due to what I assume are inter-team patch logistics. Perusing through Quaggles datamine it looks like that happened again.

Confusing things further, the missile API changes are also happening at a level deeper than values defined in the lua, and I don't know if their scope effects all missiles defined as sparrows, or only the ED ones. Weird things have happened in this space in the past. Hence the original questions. 

Thanks for highlighting this.

It's an unfortunate workaround for the fact that the F-14's sparrows are mounted in a non standard way vis-a-vis other DCS aircraft. 

• Like 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

5 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

It's an unfortunate workaround for the fact that the F-14's sparrows are mounted in a non standard way vis-a-vis other DCS aircraft. 

I keep writing Northrup Grumman about fixing this LAU-92 business, I think they're screening my emails... 🤔

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Thanks for highlighting this.

And isn't the same differences in mounting also tied to some of the drag issues mounted since the tunnel AIM-7s should have less drag than the underwing pylons? Seems like a downside of ED pulling all the weapons in if 3rd parties need changes or differences. Add to that once the weapon leaves the jet, it's back to ED's default weapon models and skins, making it that much more annoying to have dedicated visual models/skins for the AIM-54A 47/60 vs the C, white vs gray missiles, etc.

Would be nice if the carried drag could be controlled within the module since it shouldn't impact the guidance/performance side which they are trying to consolidate.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

4 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

And isn't the same differences in mounting also tied to some of the drag issues mounted since the tunnel AIM-7s should have less drag than the underwing pylons?

There already are differences but changes and corrections are "coming soon":

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 5/26/2021 at 11:31 PM, LanceCriminal86 said:

And isn't the same differences in mounting also tied to some of the drag issues mounted since the tunnel AIM-7s should have less drag than the underwing pylons? Seems like a downside of ED pulling all the weapons in if 3rd parties need changes or differences. Add to that once the weapon leaves the jet, it's back to ED's default weapon models and skins, making it that much more annoying to have dedicated visual models/skins for the AIM-54A 47/60 vs the C, white vs gray missiles, etc.

Would be nice if the carried drag could be controlled within the module since it shouldn't impact the guidance/performance side which they are trying to consolidate.

as is standard for my personal crusade to give us new 54 textures, I am obligated to remind you the 54C was white as well 😆