Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

20 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

make sure you also have the folder TheWay (which has the lua files) inside the Scrips folder

That's the issue! When unzipped it had the main folder "TheWayV241" which contained a "Scripts" folder which contained the needed "TheWay" folder (see image showing the incorrect architecture). This peculiarity in unzipping has messed me up before with other things. It works fine now. Posting this in case others might have the same issue.

Thanks for this great software and for the help @Comrade Doge

Screenshot 2023-12-12 133253.jpg

15 hours ago, Martin1454 said:

Would it be possible to transfer the coordinates to weapons? 

I'm currently flying the F15e with JDAMs, and I'm getting tired of entering all the coordinates manually

You just need to create waypoints as target points. In the strike Eagle this means that the waypoint number needs a period '.' after it (i.e. 10. will make waypoint 10 a target point. You can then select that point and push it to the JDAM. I don't think The Way has this ability currently. I made a video using a different program to demonstrate how it works. I think The Way could manage to add this feature at some point in the future if Comrade Dodge wants to but it will take some interaction from you to identify which points are supposed to be targets (To repeat, this to my knowledge is not currently in The Way).

EDIT: Actually, if you want, you can use the way to input the targets as waypoints and then in the aircraft, change each waypoint to a target point using the Up Front Controller which is pretty easy to do.

Edited by Str][ker

@Comrade Doge

Thank you very much for this great mod !

I use it on the F-16 right now and it help tremendously, but I have a question.

What's the "logic" behind where TheWay will insert the waypoints in the steer points database of the plane?

Is there a way to "tell" TheWay to transfer the waypoints, let's say, after steer point XY ?

Or is there a "procedure" that I should do before transferring the waypoints to the NAV database of the plane, to have them at the spot I want ?

I don' know if I explained myself clear enough...

Thanks again for this gem !

6 minutes ago, Swiso said:

@Comrade Doge

Thank you very much for this great mod !

I use it on the F-16 right now and it help tremendously, but I have a question.

What's the "logic" behind where TheWay will insert the waypoints in the steer points database of the plane?

Is there a way to "tell" TheWay to transfer the waypoints, let's say, after steer point XY ?

Or is there a "procedure" that I should do before transferring the waypoints to the NAV database of the plane, to have them at the spot I want ?

I don' know if I explained myself clear enough...

Thanks again for this gem !

Hello, for the F16 you can manually increment to a steer point of yoir choice and then hit transfer, and it will enter the new steerpoints after the one you had selected.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, for the F16 you can manually increment to a steer point of yoir choice and then hit transfer, and it will enter the new steerpoints after the one you had selected.

Thanks.

So, to be clear.. I set steerpoint 26 on the DED and the first waypoint inserted would be 27 ?

That's good.

Thanks!

Edited by Swiso

Is possible to use F10 marker to replace external app ? so only one thing we need just a lua script

I'm trying to make one but since I have no experience with DCS scriping so I take long time to try things

maybe you can add this to "the way" or provide some advice to me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

the map marker can iterate using world.getMarkPanels()

we can trigger the input script from radio menu

but , how do I filter markers add by current player (the player click the radio menu item) ? seems only infomation can id player in marker data is player name,
but can't find a way to get player name that trigger radio menu,  any idea?
also , where is best place to trigger this script? (to add the radio menu)

Edited by dynameis

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,  

Been using the Way since V1. Just got a new PC and installed the current version.  Everything seems to work but cannot transfer WPTs when the button is pressed.  Get a Java error, see attached.  Installed the same version f java as needed for V1 (11.1.17).  Do I need a different version or need to uninstall it?

Get app, would like to get it running again.

Thanks,

Desktop Screenshot 2023.12.22 - 12.35.04.28.png

Just now, Vorlon said:

Hello,  

Been using the Way since V1. Just got a new PC and installed the current version.  Everything seems to work but cannot transfer WPTs when the button is pressed.  Get a Java error, see attached.  Installed the same version f java as needed for V1 (11.1.17).  Do I need a different version or need to uninstall it?

Get app, would like to get it running again.

Thanks,

Desktop Screenshot 2023.12.22 - 12.35.04.28.png

Hello, please DM me your dcs.log and we'll continue there

Hello!

Whenever i try to use "the way" my map freezes whenever i move the map, the target point doesn't disapear when closed and also DCS crashes when i close DCS.

I installed it correct, anybody a tip?

Correction: my map doesn't freeze, i have a invisible zone in the middle of my screen, in that i can't do anything with my mouse! It's not only on the map screen but also in cockpit view. When i delete The Way all is good. Also on every closing of dcs, there comes a message with "dcs has crashed", as long as The Way is installed. Im running MT and dsr resolution, maybe this is the reason?

Edited by Kurdes

29 minutes ago, Kurdes said:

Hello!

Whenever i try to use "the way" my map freezes whenever i move the map, the target point doesn't disapear when closed and also DCS crashes when i close DCS.

I installed it correct, anybody a tip?

Hi, please DM me, maybe it's an installation issue

vor einer Stunde schrieb Flapjacks:

Hey, is there a way to manually change coordinates to a saved file? Or a way to change the coordinates of waypoints loaded into the app?

coordinates should be saved as text file. so easy to manipulate

vor 26 Minuten schrieb Flapjacks:

It's saved as a .tw file. I can open it with wordpad but the coordinates don't match up to the ones from the same file loaded into the app. 

TheWay.png

wp saved as decimal degree. In the way shown as degree,decimalminutes. 

2 minutes ago, skywalker22 said:

My DCS was crashing each time on exit from the game because of this app. I had the latest version. I needed a week to figure that out. For for you to know.

One more thing, the app wasn't even running at all.

Yes I am aware, unfortunately these days I have been busy with things, i will take a look at it. I wouldn't be too worried since it only happens when you try to close the game anyways, but thanks for the heads up

1 hour ago, Comrade Doge said:

Yes I am aware, unfortunately these days I have been busy with things, i will take a look at it. I wouldn't be too worried since it only happens when you try to close the game anyways, but thanks for the heads up

👍

Good day, I'm a new user and I want to ask for advice. I use the Ka50v.3 module. The application reports connecting to DCS, I select WP but after pressing Transfer to DCS nothing happens.

Edited by Mira73

X-Plane 11 Payware :

Aircraft : Boeing 767-300ER, Airbus 319-100, Airbus 350 XWB, Beechcraft King Air 350, Diamond DA-62

Airport : KATL

10 hours ago, Mira73 said:

Good day, I'm a new user and I want to ask for advice. I use the Ka50v.3 module. The application reports connecting to DCS, I select WP but after pressing Transfer to DCS nothing happens.

Hello, could you DM me a video of the issue? Thanks

1 hour ago, Calwpower said:

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, aber die grüne Punktmarkierung ist immer im Spiel sichtbar und verschwindet nicht und stürzt ab, wenn ich aufhöre

Hello, if you are not using VR you could try the alternate crosshair option in the settings, until I figure out a fix

On 1/5/2024 at 7:50 PM, skywalker22 said:

My DCS was crashing each time on exit from the game because of this app. I had the latest version. I needed a week to figure that out. For for you to know.

I've the same problem.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

On 1/6/2024 at 9:45 PM, Calwpower said:

Ich habe das gleiche Problem, aber die grüne Punktmarkierung ist immer im Spiel sichtbar und verschwindet nicht und stürzt ab, wenn ich aufhöre

On 1/8/2024 at 8:31 AM, kaltokri said:

I've the same problem.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:50 PM, skywalker22 said:

I had the same problems, only solution now is to use version 2.3.1 which works absolutely fine!

On 1/6/2024 at 12:30 PM, Mira73 said:

For the Ka50 III i use "Shark Planner". It's only for the KA50 and works great!

• Thanks 1